autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Free shipping or discounted shipping to Hawaii?

Why does AG not offer free shipping or at least discounted shipping to Hawaii during free shipping promotions? USPS is the same price throughout the United States for all but large packages. I feel a bit left out when everyone else is getting subsidized free shipping but we always get the shaft and need to pay full price.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Free shipping or discounted shipping to Hawaii?

I'm with you on this. It would be great if AG offers USPS Priority Mail, First Class, etc for shipping options to Hawaii.

I was tempted to place an order recently with all of the promotions going on, but when shipping was applied, it made more sense to place my order elsewhere that offers free or reduced rates for shipping to Hawaii. I don't mind paying for shipping, but would like to get a more cost effective option for Hawaii shipping. Even if first class postage was used, I don't mind waiting for the package to arrive.
    -Rick

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree! It doesn't have to be all of the time, but during the promotions and specials, it would be awesome! I know I would definitely buy more products, more often if shipping wasn't such a killer.

KCCO

Post Thanks / Like

I think it'd be cool, and it would definitely get me looking to buy something that I need.

Its not just AG that doesn't like shipping to HI, or at least for free. Its the same way at many online retailers. "FREE SHIPPING **to the conus".

For me, I buy mostly bulk. Recently i bought 240 16x24 microfibers, 80 something magic erasers, 2-3 5gal jugs of various cleaning products, 20 Megs MF cutting disks, 169oz PERL, a few 1gal Hyper dressings, and more.

When I look to buy I do some research online, compare prices, ask for shipping quotes, and try to negotiate a fair deal. For many things, I just goto pakshack. They've always been more than fair with me. Last year when AG was trying to charge me $41 per 1 gal to ship, I contacted Ranney, ordered it through him and he just threw it onto his next order. I saved, he made money.. we both benefited.

I'm not the kind of person to beg someone for help. If AG wants to start working with us HI guys on shipping, i'll be down to order. Until then, there are others out there that will go above and beyond for you. If any of you guys need any help shoot me a PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I am in the same boat for APO shipping to Germany

Post Thanks / Like

...It does seem like raw deal for my fellow Americans.

Have your AGO orders shipped to my place of Business...
    And I'll make pretty darn sure they get forwarded to you in Hawaii, via USPS, ASAP!!

Let your mantra become:
    "In FUNX725 (Bob) We Trust"!!!(???).
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

I agree also, i would like to support AG more but its hard when shipping cost are so high.

Post Thanks / Like
    Outside the country I can understand, but within the 50 states it should be an even playing field.