autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Big Thanks to Chris@Optimum

Dear Friends

A year or so ago I was either speaking to Chris on the phone or having an exchange with him in one of the forums, and he suggested that when my Opti-Bonded tires started to lose their luster, that I wash my wheels and tires with ONR.

If I remember correctly, Chris's advice was a subtext for the conversation/thread's focus, but a couple of months ago I happened to remember his advice and gave it a try.

Bam!

Sheer magic.

ONR and Opti-Bond must have a strong relationship with one another because just plain ole ONR brought back the deep, rich black, low-sheen luster I enjoy seeing on my van.

Thank you, Chris. Thank you very, very much.
    — Jaddie, Max's proud chauffeur
    2012 Honda Odyssey & 2016 Ford Escape

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Big Thanks to Chris@Optimum

Quote Originally Posted by Jaddie View Post
    Dear Friends

A year or so ago I was either speaking to Chris on the phone or having an exchange with him in one of the forums, and he suggested that when my Opti-Bonded tires started to lose their luster, that I wash my wheels and tires with ONR.

If I remember correctly, Chris's advice was a subtext for the conversation/thread's focus, but a couple of months ago I happened to remember his advice and gave it a try.

Bam!

Sheer magic.

ONR and Opti-Bond must have a strong relationship with one another because just plain ole ONR brought back the deep, rich black, low-sheen luster I enjoy seeing on my van.

Thank you, Chris. Thank you very, very much.
    Never thought that ONR was strong enough to clean tires. I have Opti Bond on my tires now..need to try it out.

Post Thanks / Like

Dear Rsurfer

I wouldn't think ONR would clean dirty tires and wheels, but you know how they can look four or five days after detailing, or after a single romp in the rain. Wiping them down with ONR brings them back to life. The gloss isn't at its original high-gloss level, but it's exactly where I like it—deep, rich black, low-sheen luster.

Chris's advice was great. I can wipe down all four tires and wheels in about five to ten minutes, not break a sweat, and they look freshly detailed.
    — Jaddie, Max's proud chauffeur
    2012 Honda Odyssey & 2016 Ford Escape

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaddie View Post
    Dear Rsurfer

I wouldn't think ONR would clean dirty tires and wheels, but you know how they can look four or five days after detailing, or after a single romp in the rain. Wiping them down with ONR brings them back to life. The gloss isn't at its original high-gloss level, but it's exactly where I like it—deep, rich black, low-sheen luster.

Chris's advice was great. I can wipe down all four tires and wheels in about five to ten minutes, not break a sweat, and they look freshly detailed.
    I don't use straight ONR to clean wheels and tires but I do use it in conjunction with cleaners and it works great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Your welcome Jaddie. I'm glad it works for you too.

Post Thanks / Like

I've also become a devotee of ONR on rubber and trim. Relieves the pain-in-the-neck of working around Raised White Outline tires.

I've always had outstanding and timely responses from Chris on any and all issues. I was astounded a few months ago when Dr. G. called me to advise on a delay on a couple of pads I'd been expecting!

TL