autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Huge problem with first order

Before I say anything, I want to reassure you guys that I have sent an email to AG bout this, but I feel like this is something worth sharing

Ok. So today I received my first package from AutoGeek. An 8oz. of WGSR 3.0, aerospace 303, two three inch microfiber cutting pads...and Carpro Trix...I was excited and opened it in the living room right away. Thats when the stench hit me. It was horrid. I found out that the bottle of Trix was not tightened, and a 1/4 of it got out. All of my bought things smell now. So does my living room and house in general. I had to throw away the box ASAP. My bottle of Trix is currently outside. I'm very angry right now.....we are trying to vent the house of the smell, not easy....I just want AG to quickly reply to me about all this nonsense. I don't know what to do with my products ordered, especially Trix. It's smells god awful and I don't know what to do with it! I want some sort of compensation as well, but not Another bottle of Trix as I've had enough of it already. Hopefully this catches a moderators eye or something, I'm up for anything at this point. I won't be on AGO for a couple hours right now as I've got smells to get rid of. Ill check in here later on.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Huge problem with first order

Call Customer Service, they are awesome and took care of me when I had an issue with some APC that leaked during shiping.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think your post is a bit premature. Give them a chance to make it right. I am sure AG will get you taken care of.

Sent from my DROID2 using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sure they will send you a replacement but I couldn't imagine nor would I expect them to compensate for the smell. Good luck.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Well, first off I want to say that I feel for you and understand the inconvenience.

I am sure that someone will chime in to say that this is a "customer service" issue and should be dealt with off the forum..... but I disagree! I believe that AGO is fair in allowing those "venting sessions", and invariably this gets caught by a moderator (or the customer finally decide to call direct) and in the end the customer is gets just service (and we all get to see how good we have it at AG)

The first step in any mishap is to contact the customer service ASAP. An email may seem like a fast way to put down your problems, but it is not the fastest way to get resolution! A phone call does best!

In your case, a product spilled in your box. Although I understand your frustration, I can guarantee you that there were no malfeasance at hand. It is rare, but not impossible, that a cap comes lose in transit. The product is not a house blend so the manufacturing process or its container is outside the liability of AG. Great care is taken in the packaging of the product they retail, and it would have been caught while filling the order at the warehouse (if the product was spilling). Think about it, a loose cap on products like Trix would have products all over the bottle, and would have made that bottle and everything else STINKY!!! In the end I am sure that any product which was lost will be replaced.

As for the inconvenience of the smell (of this rather pungent product)...... well, I hope it is lesson learned! You have to accept some of the blame for opening your box inside your living room (let alone your house) considering that if that much product had spilled and contaminated your box that the smell would have been permeating the air already. That stuff STINKS!! It works great but it STINKS! and a small amount spilled would have raised some major alarm in my head to open my package outside.

In any case, AG has the best customer service (and personnel).... BY FAR!!! so I am going out on a limb to say that you will be a happy customer in the end (and if you are not?!?!, then shame on you)

P.S. You mentioned you wanted compensation. From a legal standpoint you are entitled to the products your ordered and paid for, nothing more. If the company fails to provide the merchandise in exchange, then you are entitled to your money back, provided that you return (at your expense) all products which you wish not to keep. The only way you can get compensation, above and beyond, for "damages incurred", albeit a smelley house, stain on the carpet etc.. is to show negligence, malfeasance, or that the damages came at the hand of AG or one of its employee. You cannot prove that AG was negligent, cannot prove that the cap did not get loose in transit, cannot assess blame on AG for the transport of the box inside your house, and cannot fault them for the handling of the box while it was being opened.

https://www.facebook.com/FlawlessFinishDetailing
    Dr. Claude Tremblay, Co-owner/Senior Detailer, Certified CQuartz FINEST Installer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX725 View Post

Bob

AG has always given top notch service and is always quick to help correct issues

Probably should've waited for AG to respond before making this post

Post Thanks / Like

I guarantee the fact that a product spilled is not due to the fact AG didn't pack it well enough! As far as the smell; It is well documented on this forum that CarPro's liquid decon products have a less than desirable smell to say the least. You are fortunate that the AutoGeek customer service is the best you will ever deal with HANDS DOWN!

Post Thanks / Like

I've had some products leak during delivery and all it took was 5 minutes on the phone. AG sent me a new bottle and even told me to not worry on shipping back the leaked bottle. I told them only about 4oz leaked out and they told me to keep it anyway and a new one was on the way. Lucky for me it was BF micro wash and not something that smelled terrible like in your case. I personally wouldn't of made this thread unless AG was unwilling to resolve my issue. They are great in making things right with their customers.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know what u expected out of TRIX.... It doesn't claim to be an air freshener, it's for tar and iron removal! A quick search will yield several reviews in which all state that it's not the most pleasant smelling product, neither is IronX.. If you are going to write off TRIX due to the smell, that's no ones fault but your own for not researching the product.. As far as being upset at the spillage.... Totally understandable... I am sure Autogeek will replace all of your contaminated items without question!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast