autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Disappointed

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry Disappointed

First time I've been let down by Autogeek. Placed an order on the 9th of Jan for some bottles of Dodo Juice Basic of Bling. Originally told it was on backorder but should be in between 10 and 14 days. Here I am 21 days later with no notification from Autogeek on my order and I finally call, to find out that it's hung up in customs.

I placed this order with expectations of it being here in the typical Autogeek promptness (I ordered these bottles to vendor for our local Mardi Gras festival next weekend) so the could be ready for my booth, all to find out that it probably won't make it (ETA getting to AG isn't until Feb 5th). I am very disappointed to say the least in Autogeek. I understand that they can't control the shipping, but a notifiation from them about it being delayed would have been appreciated so I could make other arangments. Now I'm stuck with less inventory then I anticipated and/or trying to find the item from another vendor and paying expedite shipping to get it here (which cuts my profit on the product).

I guess I'm slightly spoiled due to the quality of service you guys offer, but I'd honestly expect a delayed shipment notification from any vendor.

BTW for all those looking, the basic's of bling page still shows a "usually ships the same day" availability, nothing about a backorder. Glad I didn't make another purchase of this with the superbowl promo.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Disappointed

I really wish vendors in general would update their websites to show current availability. I had a similar issue with ordering a BOGO item a while back that was out of stock apparently and replaced with an alternative. I wouldn't have placed the order had I'd known the item was out of stock.

Your wanting of a notification for a shipping delay is very fair.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just a tip, any time any seller tells you anything is "back ordered" or "out of stock" just pick somewhere else or something else to order. All though sellers may have the best intentions, its outside of their control when any product will arrive. "Back ordered" at my job means from one day until never again. Been through this too many times myself.

Although this doesn't excuse the seller. They should eat the thirty bucks and give it too you for free at this point. Either that, or upgrade it to another Dodo product for for the same $30. Satsuma Rock?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I've learned my lesson now, just was hoping that the guys would follow through with me on this. It's not going to kill me or anything, just kinda disappointed in the whole "it's on backorder/stuck in customs, sorry *shrug*" kinda attitude that they have about it. And yeah, once they found out it was going to be a month before it got in, maybe check to see if another item could be substituted (or just refunded the first).

Post Thanks / Like

This why I only use American Express for online purchases. They have zero tolerance for online merchants that pull this, whether it's on purpose or not.
    -----------------------------------
    http://www.birminghamautodetailing.com

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TundraPower View Post
    This why I only use American Express for online purchases. They have zero tolerance for online merchants that pull this, whether it's on purpose or not.
    Mind telling how "American Express" work?

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh boy....
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" Thomas Jefferson,

Post Thanks / Like

Moose have you called AG about your issue? I am sure their customer service department would be more than happy to work with you on this issue.

Post Thanks / Like

One thing I think everyone here can vouch for is Autogeek does not "pull" anything. We have been in business for many years and we have same employees on the phone every time you call. No matter what the issue might be we are here to take care of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wors View Post
    Moose have you called AG about your issue? I am sure their customer service department would be more than happy to work with you on this issue.
    Nick personally called the customer this morning as soon as we saw this post, got answering service and he left a message.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sure it will be worked out.
    On another note, I need to read up on American Express. I hate dealing with eBay sellers

Tapatalking

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast