autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I love autogeek but I have two complaints...

I think that I first became an autogeek customber back in 2007. I was amazed at all of the cool car detail products under one roof. As time has gone on I have continued to purchase more and more to the point where I have quite an extensive collection of tools and I buy about $100 of products per month, usually $50 per two weeks.

Here is the rub... Autogeek's prices are the highest, usually on everything. This did not used to be a problem because the freeship coupon would put prices back in line, if not make Autogeek cheaper overall. In addition to that, on the rare occasion that I found something cheaper somewhere else Autogeek never wanted to match the prices. Sometimes I could get them to agree but then they would tryp to screw me on the shipping! The most recent case in point was last week on the snow cannon currently on sale with Chemical Guys with a 1 gallon Honeydew car wash soap - Chemical guys price was $95 and Autogeek's price was $140. Ultimately, they did not want to match the price because it was a different brand of snow cannon, I am not sure how they came to that conclusion but whatever. It's the same crap they always try to pull. In the end I purchased a snow cannon on eBay for $80 and it works great!

So here is the deal Autogeek...

We are all on a budget. We all know the other company's that operate in your space. We are loyal but we also need to watch our personal expenses. If you keep with the highest prices and shipping costs we will go elsewhere, it's not that we want to but we will. That's why I always call to give you the opportunity on the price match but with your answer always being not or yes with sky high shipping costs - that answer is really no as well. It's seems like either you are spending too much money on your videos or your overhead is too high because frankly from a price perspective you can't compete anymore.

Autogeek is an awesome site and company but don't forget, price is what's most important to us so please don't forget this.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I love autogeek but I have two complaints...

Quote Originally Posted by theparmachine View Post
    I think that I first became an autogeek customber back in 2007. I was amazed at all of the cool car detail products under one roof. As time has gone on I have continued to purchase more and more to the point where I have quite an extensive collection of tools and I buy about $100 of products per month, usually $50 per two weeks.

Here is the rub... Autogeek's prices are the highest, usually on everything. This did not used to be a problem because the freeship coupon would put prices back in line, if not make Autogeek cheaper overall. In addition to that, on the rare occasion that I found something cheaper somewhere else Autogeek never wanted to match the prices. Sometimes I could get them to agree but then they would tryp to screw me on the shipping! The most recent case in point was last week on the snow cannon currently on sale with Chemical Guys with a 1 gallon Honeydew car wash soap - Chemical guys price was $95 and Autogeek's price was $140. Ultimately, they did not want to match the price because it was a different brand of snow cannon, I am not sure how they came to that conclusion but whatever. It's the same crap they always try to pull. In the end I purchased a snow cannon on eBay for $80 and it works great!

So here is the deal Autogeek...

We are all on a budget. We all know the other company's that operate in your space. We are loyal but we also need to watch our personal expenses. If you keep with the highest prices and shipping costs we will go elsewhere, it's not that we want to but we will. That's why I always call to give you the opportunity on the price match but with your answer always being not or yes with sky high shipping costs - that answer is really no as well. It's seems like either you are spending too much money on your videos or your overhead is too high because frankly from a price perspective you can't compete anymore.

Autogeek is an awesome site and company but don't forget, price is what's most important to us so please don't forget this.
    ^^^^This^^^...

And:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...ing-costs.html

-OH! The green-eyed monster of jealousy once again arises...
    rebuking a Company's successful business-plan.

-(If only I could be/could have been...As so Oriented...
    is the haunting cry-of-agony heard, as it winds its way,
    wafting through the once pastoral country-side!!)

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

So your complaining that you can't spend all of your money at AG and have to price shop other locations for what you want? This sounds like real life to me, and no reason to complain.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like life to me. As with every retail establishment, they will not price match unless it is the same item. AG also almost always has a free shipping promotion it you spend over $95. Sounds like you should hold out and order once a month rather than every two weeks. Suck it up man, they have a business to run. If shipping is a big deal to you then you could just go to their store? I mean they're probably only a few hundred miles from you at least lol. It really just sounds like you just need to be a smarter shopper.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    So your complaining that you can't spend all of your money at AG and have to price shop other locations for what you want? This sounds like real life to me, and no reason to complain.....

When my wife grocery shops, she stops at two or three different stores to find the right deal
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

I understand what the orginal poster is saying...as big as AG is and the huge amount of product they sell I see other places having the same product for cheaper. I understand how a business works. Depending who big the company is that is buying and how much they stock depends what the wholesale or even below wholesale pricing will be. The company sells the stuff at retail or even alittle below to show a discount. I dont forsee me buying anything from AG since I can find about anything they sell here at a discount for cheaper somewhere else. Just my .02 cents.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would wait and do a mass order, this way you take full advantage of the free shipping, stock up and then when those 20% off deals come up with free shipping you'll get even further ahead.

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

it's nice to have choices these days...

Post Thanks / Like

funny.... since AG offers a written price guarantee. Only time I have seen it not work is when other business DIDN'T stock it or it wasn't the same product and size.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

I have to disagree... I find Autogeek's prices to be at par on most items. Sure some are cheaper and some cost more but that's like all places. As for shipping, it's a bit high but the speed is amazing. I just had an order be shipped on the 10th and it arrived cross country and was delivered by the 12th. I have yet to pick it up though.

Another thing to note is, there is literally no other site that has the selection autogeek has. Everything you want is here. The only other place is probably Amazon and that's only because half the items are sold by PBMA, parent company of autogeek.

Couple this with a free forum full of helpful staff, and customers service that can't be beat and you see why Autogeek is leading. As for price matching, all you need to do is PM or email them and they try to accommodate you.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast