autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Obscene shipping fees

Just a suggestion, perhaps Autogeek could look at changing it's shipping methods for international orders. I was quoted $270USD shipping for a 20lb package yet when it put in the same weight etc. at a mail forwarding company in the USA, their shipping was $180. It was the same air freight aswell, it's not like I'm comparing boat mail against plane. We're talking apples and apples here.
    $90 is a massive difference. Personally, the over the top shipping costs is what's stopped me from going through with my order on several occasions.
    I hope this is taken as constructive criticism as it's intended.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Obscene shipping fees

I was recently in the same situation being quoted $190 shipping fee for a polishing machine (and nothing else) to Australia, so I cancelled the order.

Ended up with another seller paying $60 (yes, $60) shipping with FedEx. The parcel arrived in less then a week. $130 is not a small difference ..

I believe this is something that AG should consider in order to attract more international buyers. Internet does miracles for online shoppers, there are literally thousands of sellers out there selling same or similar products ... with different prices and shipping fees.

I have no intention of bashing AG, not at all, I like their prices & customer service, but would buy much more if shipping fees are more down to earth.

I also hope this is taken as constructive criticism, no bad blood on my end.

Flex 3401 & PE14

Post Thanks / Like

It would be great if we could get someone from AG to respond?

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm also from Australia browsing not buying for the same reasons as stated by Danube.

Post Thanks / Like

If you got waxit to get them in for you with there next order would it be any cheaper?

Post Thanks / Like

International orders is a mere fraction of autogeek's sales and in some situations may cause more harm than good (i.e credit card fraud,custom hassles) with their national sales doing so well i doubt they would really care more about their international sales.

One thing they need to fix is an international shipping calculator..It's easier if we can figure out cost right then and there rather than having to wait days for an answer and then cancel the order... Well at least they shipped internationally..

Also BOGO is limited to US orders... Oh well..

Post Thanks / Like

AG pride themselves on customer service and I'd like to think they wouldn't take the "international orders don't matter" stance. I think at a bare minimum they need an accurate shipping calculator so we aren't waiting days for a shipping quote only to have to cancel it due to high cost.
    We aren't a big slice of their business but we still matter. I try use Aussie stores where possible but some things are just silly with the markup. $20 a grit guard? No thanks.
    Again,could we get someone from AG to comment?

Post Thanks / Like
    We aren't a big slice of their business but we still matter. I try use Aussie stores where possible but some things are just silly with the markup. $20 a grit guard? No thanks.
    Checked here in AUS today how's an extra $300 to buy a flex polisher in Australia justified.
    Love AGs prices just need to find out how to get products here without it costing an a arm and a leg.

Post Thanks / Like
    Failed attempt at inserting a quote. Lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TRILLIS View Post
    Checked here in AUS today how's an extra $300 to buy a flex polisher in Australia justified.
    Love AGs prices just need to find out how to get products here without it costing an a arm and a leg.

As stated above I bought Flex 3401 in US for Au$360 + $60 FedEx postage = Au$420, as opposed to $800 here in Sydney ( nearly double the price). There is no justification in doubling-up the price IMO.

Flex 3401 & PE14

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast