autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    FREE INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING ONE WEEK ONLY. All orders sent in container loads via sea-freight. AG Store will then be closed for 2 weeks for restocking and for sales staff to have a well deserved break on us because of outstanding sales figures from the above-mentioned sale.

Wow what a dream that was I had last night.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Obscene shipping fees

Cheeky! You got my hopes up at first! I was already thinking of what kind of cart I would compile
    Never be afraid to do something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark; professionals built the titanic

Post Thanks / Like

Cruel joke mate ... Cruel joke *tear*

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IBTROLLIN View Post
    Cruel joke mate ... Cruel joke *tear*
    Sorry mate. Just dreaming out loud.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Cheeky! You got my hopes up at first! I was already thinking of what kind of cart I would compile
    Not sure about a cart I was thinking (sorry dreaming) more along the lines of my own container.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Bugger about the uber expensive shipping I have a big order in the cart now and despite my gut instinct telling me not to imput my card details to get the shipping quote. I was going to untill I read this thread.
    Its hard to work out if its worth it with out having some indication on shipping cost prior to imputting card details. :
    I even Emailed through to see if I could get a quote based of the complete list I sent inc all details. But still needed to give credit card details to get the quoted. unno:

I think a lot of online retailers underestimate just how many Aussies buy internationally. We get raped by stores here as the prices are ridiculous.
    Like was said before the flex polisher is a $300-400 difference to buy locally P21s wax is double the price in Australia and $6 Meguairs products cost us $30 600ml coke is $4 fuel $1.50per litre etc etc
    Freight isnt that expensive usually from the Usa to here and have found USPS pretty fair in the past (Reckon you guys have it bad Australia Post could lose a elephant in a 10msq yard and charge you 3 times for the pleasure)

I have purchased everything from clothes to books to detailing gear all the way to Alluminium heads for a v8. Mates buy cars etc from there. In fact if power was the same here and there 110v there ? - 240v here I reckon most electronics and power tool shops would drop with in a month.

Back to the drawing board I think

If any other "Aussies" want to drop a pm and let me know if they came up with a game plan sweet!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sylox View Post
    Bugger about the uber expensive shipping I have a big order in the cart now and despite my gut instinct telling me not to imput my card details to get the shipping quote. I was going to untill I read this thread.
    Its hard to work out if its worth it with out having some indication on shipping cost prior to imputting card details. :
    I even Emailed through to see if I could get a quote based of the complete list I sent inc all details. But still needed to give credit card details to get the quoted. unno:

I think a lot of online retailers underestimate just how many Aussies buy internationally. We get raped by stores here as the prices are ridiculous.
    Like was said before the flex polisher is a $300-400 difference to buy locally P21s wax is double the price in Australia and $6 Meguairs products cost us $30 600ml coke is $4 fuel $1.50per litre etc etc
    Freight isnt that expensive usually from the Usa to here and have found USPS pretty fair in the past (Reckon you guys have it bad Australia Post could lose a elephant in a 10msq yard and charge you 3 times for the pleasure)

I have purchased everything from clothes to books to detailing gear all the way to Alluminium heads for a v8. Mates buy cars etc from there. In fact if power was the same here and there 110v there ? - 240v here I reckon most electronics and power tool shops would drop with in a month.

Back to the drawing board I think

If any other "Aussies" want to drop a pm and let me know if they came up with a game plan sweet!

I thought what the heck how expensive can it be, we have a great exchange rate yada yada yada. $275 later order canceled!!!! Will be looking for another international supplier now which Im not happy about because apart from this issue Autogeek is spot on.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi one and all, just wondering if anyone has found a solution to this (I live in Australia also)?

I've "placed" an order, basically most of the wolfgang products that are for external paint use, no polisher but a few pads. Shouldn't be "too" heavy, and also not "too" big, will see what they quote me for.

I've also looked at the Australian distributor (Waxit - Premium Car Care Australia) but they seem to be making the prices up a lot, I've jsut asked them about this in their thread on here why that is.

I want to give autogeek my money, their site is great and SOOOOOO helpful, but if it will double the cost of my order how can I do that.

Here is my order for those curious:
    Wolfgang Deep Gloss Total Concours Kit $129.99
    Wolfgang Duo3.0 (16oz) $59.99
    Lake Country 5 1/2 Inch Flat Pads 6 Pack - Your Choice! $34.99

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Obscene shipping fees

Guys, as mentioned, look at a freight-forwarder.

Have just done 2 orders from AG via shipito.com & saved quite a bit off what AG quoted.
    The first order was still very expensive to be shipped but was 30+kg & 36"x36"x17" (several gallon bottles, plenty of 16oz & 32oz bottles, etc gets heavy quickly...)

Second order was 6 pads, 3 x 16oz bottles, 1 x 32oz bottle & 2 MF towels & was just under $100.

There is quite a lot of dicking around calculating prices/packages, etc for the best savings so if you're not up for that, impatient or in a rush for your parts don't bother.
    Due to time difference it takes a long time to communicate with AG & the freight-forwarder.

The forwarder I mentioned has also just raised their fees (after I sent my packages thankfully) so maybe shop around...

Even with expensive shipping I still saved around 30% compared to buying locally as well as getting stuff not even available here in Oz...

Definitely worth it for me to do a BIG shop while the dollar was good & during AG sales.
    Also look at each item & compare prices to local.
    Some are probably not worth the saving once you take shipping into account but others definitely are

Post Thanks / Like

A lot of Aussie retailers now get my $ now. They are competitive on many products but not all. Eg. Look at the price of Optimum products here. Even with reasonable shipping prices it should be better to buy locally. CG products are a mixed bag. Some are priced even cheaper the USA but some others much more. I'll probably never but things like Aquawax as its double OCW locally.

I think we just need to be smarter with our purchases and look local products which are competitive and sadly miss out on the others.

I have used all the Aussie online stores bar one and been happy with all of them. These retailers face the same issues we do and the difference in pricing strongly reflects what it costs them to import some of there products. ZAS get a lot of there products but airmail while CG tend to use more sea mail.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast