autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Obscene shipping fees

I've only found one decent detailing supplies store in the USA besides AG. Are there many more out there? The other ones I know are all in Europe.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IBTROLLIN View Post
    Just a suggestion, perhaps Autogeek could look at changing it's shipping methods for international orders. I was quoted $270USD shipping for a 20lb package yet when it put in the same weight etc. at a mail forwarding company in the USA, their shipping was $180. It was the same air freight aswell, it's not like I'm comparing boat mail against plane. We're talking apples and apples here.
    $90 is a massive difference. Personally, the over the top shipping costs is what's stopped me from going through with my order on several occasions.
    I hope this is taken as constructive criticism as it's intended.
    Customer service will respond to you first thing in the morning. From what I understand about shipping the weight is just one of the factors that go into consideration in the shipping cost, the dimensions of the box make the biggest different especially when the items are shipping by air.

Here is a few links from usps about sizes and weights-
    USPS - How Size and Shape Affect Prices

USPS - How Weight Affects Prices
    "The true spirit of conversation consists in building on another man's observation, not overturning it." Edward G. Bulwer-Lytton

Post Thanks / Like

I always just use a sea freight forwarding company. Sure, it takes a bit longer (four weeks or so), but I pay a lot less, and I don't have to worry about pressure and temperature differentials possibly changing product composition or weakening packaging.
    Francis

Post Thanks / Like
    Some great suggestions,Thanks heaps. Keep em comin.
    CHEERS

Post Thanks / Like

Jason I have no doubt that there are a number of variables and that shipping is generally quite costly but my point is that I was able to get exactly the same package shipped for $90 cheaper by a mail forwarding company. No one is accusing AG of anything shifty, its more that perhaps they could provide a shipping calculator or even use a different company for shipping.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree. International shipping from Autogeek is absolutely horrendous and has stopped my placing several orders. However I still do buy things from Autogeek because their customer service is top notch every time!

Unfortunately now with sale items and BOGOs limited to US customers only, that really makes the final cost of items hard to stomach.

I wish there was a sea freight option for Autogeek rather than just costly air freight. I'd happily wait a month for my order to arrive if it would only cost $40 to ship a box of stuff here.

Recently I ordered 7 royal purple oil filters from Amazon and paid $NZ23 ($US20) for the shipping. The box was relatively big and heavy and I had to wait 17 days for it to arrive, but paying so little for shipping made it worth it.

You guys at Autogeek rock more than I could express with words, but your international shipping prices are a stinger!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk so please excuse any grammatical errors
    Never be afraid to do something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark; professionals built the titanic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IBTROLLIN View Post
    I've only found one decent detailing supplies store in the USA besides AG. Are there many more out there? The other ones I know are all in Europe.
    Uh oh. You better not start looking for other stores. It is financially inadvisable.

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed really need a live shipping calculator. Would save not only us but autogeek so much time. People could easily figure out what is worth shipping and what isn't. It would be great if autogeek could look at other shipping methods. There is no reason shipping from the USA to Australia should cost 3x as much as some products I get from the UK. Comparing between different countries can be a little unfair but if I look at what packages I can get shipped from Amazon sometimes the quotes make no sense

Post Thanks / Like

I looked up the order the original poster is referring to and the reason the rate is a bit higher is because we had to put it with Fedex instead of US Mail due to the order value. It is heavy but not over weight but its the box size we have to use to ship it, it registers as oversized with Fedex. Fedex will be a bit more when shipping international and we prefer to use US Mail but you have to understand there are a lot of factors that play into what carrier we have to use..
    -Box Weight
    -Box Size
    -Order Value
    -Where we are shipping too
    -Insurance Options
    -Tracking Options
    -Chemicals inside the box
    -Time in Transit
    -Does package contain machines
    ...etc
    It is the job of our international department to consider all of these when we get a quote for you. They do a great job of making sure you package arrives safe, and as fast as we can.

If you ever have any specific questions in regards to your shipping rate quote it is much faster to just email me as I do not get a chance to read every post on the forum.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Meghan,
    I don't think anyone doubts that the staff at AG give the best quote they can within the methods available. What most of the posters seem to be saying is that:
    A) There must be cheaper shipping methods out there given that many of us have been able to order the same or similar products and pay far less shipping elsewhere.
    B) If there are cheaper methods out there, would it be possible to have them made available on AG?
    C) Would it be possible to have an instant shipping calculator. Even if it wasn't a 100% firm quote, it would give us some idea of whether we could keep adding to our order. It would also save work for the AG staff and cut down on the waiting time and uncertainty for customers.

We all love AG customer service but no matter how good the service is, if you're talking about a $90USD postal difference, most people (as is evident by the posts in this thread) will go elsewhere even if they'd prefer not to.

I didn't contact you directly because it wasn't a question directly related to that one order. It's more to do with international shipping overall on AG. Also, I did actually mention in an earlier email to customer service that it would be great if we could get a shipping calculator but my comment wasn't acknowledged. I also mentioned that shipping was $90 cheaper for my order through a mail forwarding company and that wasn't acknowledged either.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast