autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Boooo price increase midnight sun

I am not too happy about this either. But I thought they added half a ounce or so and did tweak all the formulas in the BF line. I may be wrong. But my current jar or Midnight Sun will last me a while.
    Ryan 2006 Volvo S60 R

Post Thanks / Like
    Todd said that only a certain few products were tweaked. Not all of them. He said that bfwd and ms are the exact same just different packaging iirc. I do know that he said not everything was being tweaked.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IOMCAMARO View Post
    Todd said that only a certain few products were tweaked. Not all of them. He said that bfwd and ms are the exact same just different packaging iirc. I do know that he said not everything was being tweaked.
    I see. Thanks for the info!
    Ryan 2006 Volvo S60 R

Post Thanks / Like

This is what Todd said;
    C/P
    BLACKFIRE Midnight Sun Ivory Carnauba Paste will continue to be a hand poured, premium carnauba wax that is blended from the finest ingredients, including a helping of BLACKFIRE's Wet Diamond polymers. The formula has been improved further (technically the latest pour could be considered Batch 26) and the sizing has been increased by almost half an ounce. In today's world this is quite rare, we have all heard the saying and and have likely had to say it ourselves, “They dont' build them like they used to.” To combat rising manufactuing and chemical costs many manufactuers restort to using lower quality ingredients, decreasing size, or using lower quality ingredients to maintain or increase margins.

If you apply Midnight Sun thick you should be able to get at least 25 applications per the previous 7 ounce size. In identical kit form, which included one microfiber towel and foam applicator, Midnight Sun sold for $69.95, which comes to $2.80 per premium wax applicaton. With the increase in size (assuming two more thick applicatons) the improved formula cost only $2.96 per premium wax applicaton. A nominal increase for an improved formulation that includes a higher quality microfiber towel as well.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post
    Todd Helmes offered that all the Blackfire formulas have been tweaked. It is indeed coming in a larger size, and its going back to the original kit design versus the refill offering which was a bit cheaper. Unfortunately everything costs more, even bread and jelly. Luckily with some of the great sales offered here, you should be able to pick some up at a discount during 2012. I remember when Souveran had to raise its price, its unfortunate but necessary and sure Capt. Max has tried to keep it as competitive as possible.
    Bread and Jelly; have you taken a look at the price of peanut butter lately??

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mark58 View Post
    This is what Todd said;
    C/P
    BLACKFIRE Midnight Sun Ivory Carnauba Paste will continue to be a hand poured, premium carnauba wax that is blended from the finest ingredients, including a helping of BLACKFIRE's Wet Diamond polymers. The formula has been improved further (technically the latest pour could be considered Batch 26) and the sizing has been increased by almost half an ounce. In today's world this is quite rare, we have all heard the saying and and have likely had to say it ourselves, “They dont' build them like they used to.” To combat rising manufactuing and chemical costs many manufactuers restort to using lower quality ingredients, decreasing size, or using lower quality ingredients to maintain or increase margins.

If you apply Midnight Sun thick you should be able to get at least 25 applications per the previous 7 ounce size. In identical kit form, which included one microfiber towel and foam applicator, Midnight Sun sold for $69.95, which comes to $2.80 per premium wax applicaton. With the increase in size (assuming two more thick applicatons) the improved formula cost only $2.96 per premium wax applicaton. A nominal increase for an improved formulation that includes a higher quality microfiber towel as well.
    I stand corrected. He also said that there was no major changes to the formula though. It was just to increase durability. Why mess with perfection. Also the $2 "tackle box", as some call it, has to be a major part of the price increase.

Post Thanks / Like

I stand corrected. He also said that there was no major changes to the formula though. It was just to increase durability. Why mess with perfection. Also the $2 "tackle box", as some call it, has to be a major part of the price increase.
    Just what I was looking for a Nice Box!
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Blackfire Wax will not be available as you have seen it in the past, and the new package has been yet to be released. Please stay tuned as a lot of great things will be unveiled for BLACKFIRE in the next few weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

Does this mean it comes with a refill??!?!?!?!?

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Does this mean it comes with a refill??!?!?!?!?
    if it comes with a refill then by all means that would make it a awesome value again.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast