autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: It's really to bad the cobra indigos went south....

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    I think they usually are used for tough residues like heavy polish or heavy (dry) wax, where thick nap just bunches up.
    Agree. When comparing the two, the cobras are far superior. IMO
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

To add my 2 cents, unless I got a bad batch, the blue Cobra indigos I got last year S. U. C. K!!!! These don't have the hotwire edges either. Reason I HATE them is because whether removing WOWO or hazed wax, when I attempt to remove the wax with the towel folded, the towel grabs the paint and crinkles up into the palm of my hand. This pisses me off and I ultimately end up using the RELIABLE miracle towel, which has NEVER failed or disappointed me after a year and a half of use. For me, the miracle towel is a 1000 % better towel at removing WOWO or hazed wax than the blue indigos. The indigos I have seem just too soft. I'd trade/exchange them any day, with the quickness, for the Cobtra miracle towel if an offer was made.

Post Thanks / Like

If you are using a 16x16 for wax removal and it's crinkling up in your hand then you need to take little bites out of the wax or wear some MF gloves to increase your grip strength. Mike posted an article on this.
    I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
    ~Tim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG View Post
    I don't think they will completely unravel right away. What I found when I cut one of the old ones to make little applicators out of it was the edges of it just linted like crazy. Since I used them as disposable applicators I'm not sure what would happen over time. I did wash half the towel one time before cutting the rest of it into pieces and during that wash the edges linted or unraveled some. Long story short you won't be happy with the results of cutting off the edge if you want it as a towel.

interesting.

How do you secure the MF around the sponge? Do I need to bust out the sewing machine?
    I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
    ~Tim

Post Thanks / Like

If having to remove 'bites' were the problem, then why isn't that ever a problem when I use the Cobra miracle towel? To me it seems to be the design or texture of the microfiber towel that determines the difficulty with removing wax with the indigo towel. In addition to the miracle towel, I also use the jr plush, supreme, and Chemical guys monster blue towels and never had an issue removing wax with any of them. All of them remove all traces of residue in one swipe or pass without crinkling up. For me, only the indigos create this type of issue.

Post Thanks / Like

Embolism,
    After re-reading your post, it occurred to me the term 'bite', I'm assuming you're referring to Mike's 'Breaking open the wax' technique? Well upon opening the wax the indigo will still grab and crinkle. As far as suggesting wearing microfiber gloves, if I have to do all of that just to remove wax using the indigos, I'll probably do ad I continue and leave them on my shelf and use another type towel. I have the notion that a GOID microfiber towel is a versatile on which can be used with several different applications and not require any special technique in order to work properly.
    Also, in addition to the towels I listed in my previous post, I forgot I also use Poorboys UMT towels and get better results than with the indigos. I was/am just curious if others have had issues similar to mine in using the indigos to remove various types if wax.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by embolism View Post
    interesting.

How do you secure the MF around the sponge? Do I need to bust out the sewing machine?
    No, I didn't attach them to anything. I simply cut squares and folded them once or twice and with a nitrile glove on my hand I used them for application and removal of plexus and various other products. I did not use them for applicators of paint lsp products.

However recently I have been experimenting using those suede mf towels to apply different things. The foam block that comes in the CQ kit is used with the suede mfs when applying CQ. You could use this same block or another to wrap a piece of your towel on if you have a particular product you think might work well with that towel and and don't find the towel folded on itself to be sufficient.
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Troy Fuller View Post
    HERE US! Stop cutting corners and MAKE THEM RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im sure the engineer who proposed the idea of wirecutting received a nice bonus check for saving a couple pennies per towel. MORON!!!! He clearly hasnt used them and probably has no idea what a swirl is.
    There are other uses of microfiber in this world than just detailing so it can be a valid method to trim towels so to claim the microfiber manufacturer of duplicity is not really fair.

I do not believe that hot wire or laser cutting will not cause instant swirls when every use but like everything related to detailing it is all about reduce the chance for swirls.

It is really up to the buyer to make sure incoming product is made to purchased specifications.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567