autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Product issue I'm hoping AG resolves (Dodo Juice Red Mist QD)

Hello everyone. I figured I would post this since I'm sure Im not the only one that has had an issue with the Dodo Juice red tropical mist. First let me start off by saying that I absolutely love the product itself, but the spray nozzle is junk. My first order with AG included an 8oz bottle for $16 and the nozzle broke 2/3 of the way through. I did like the product so I ordered two more bottles on my next order. I'm half way through my second bottle and not that nozzle broke also. My total combined orders wasn't much compared to must but its still in the $200-$300 range. Here's a copy of the email I sent through their customer service line so I'm hoping it gets fixed so I can share the experience and outcome with everyone. In the meantime as much as i like the red mist, there must be an issue with the nozzles.

Email sent....
    Please do something to make this right. I've placed two orders from your website already and have had an issue with the same product on both orders. Just for the record, I don't remember which email address I used or if both orders were from the same email. Either XXXXXXXXXX or XXXXXXXXXXX but the rest of the information is the same. The problem I have is with the dodo juice tropical mist qd. On my first order I bought this product and after about 2/3 of the way through the bottle, the spray nozzle broke and I couldn't fix it. I had to switch spray nozzles with another sprayer which tends to spray much thicker causing me to use a little more then I would like. The product itself I loved so much that I decided to add two more bottles with my next order. At $16 for a small bottle it is fairly expensive, but i like the way it works. Here's the problem...I just started using my second of 3 bottles (from 2 combined orders) and now this spray nozzle also broke and I'm very frustrated. I started using the nozzle that I used for the last one that broke, but like I said it sprays it much thicker and causes me to use much more then is needed which makes me waste this fairly expensive qd. I don't want to have to send you my one empty bottle, plus my now half empty second bottle because it's more hassle then it's worth. The fear I have is that my last nozzle of the 3 will break and I'll continue wasting product with this inefficent replacement nozzle. I guess what I'm hoping you will do is either send me 2 replacement bottles for the 2 that broke and a good sprayer just in case or send me two replacement products. As of now, my first bottle from my original order is completely empty, and I'm about half way through my second of 3 total bottles. The first two now have broken sprayers. The other option might be a little more of a hassle, but seems fair and will make me a loyal customer for a long time. Since the two busted bottles equal about $34 of total retail. I would be thrilled if you sent me a good empty spray bottle for the last bottle and a half of dodo juice red mist qd, a bottle of the dodo juice sour power gloss enhancing shampoo and a bottle of the optimum no rinse wash and shine 32 oz new formula. I really like the dodo juice red mist, but lets face it, two busted sprayers out of 2 attempts doesnt really give me a warm and fuzzy for my last bottle. I know this is a hassle, but I'm hoping we can make this right. Thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Product issue I'm hoping AG resolves (Dodo Juice Red Mist QD)

Hmm, am I to read that you want them to send you Red Mist, Sour Power, a spray bottle, AND ONR just because two sprayers broke? I don't know, that just doesn't add up in my book...

I could see you wanting two new sprayer heads, but thats about all I think you would be entitled to...

Post Thanks / Like

They will resolve your issues but AG doesn't make the sprayer heads for Dodo Juice, just remember that.

Seems like more and more people want free stuff and insist on winey threads to get what they want.
    Luxury Mobile Auto Detailing
    Pensacola & Orlando

Post Thanks / Like

You are entitled to two sprayers and nothing more. Why are you trying to gouge them?
    Rick....now in North Texas

Post Thanks / Like

Why don't you just call???? I agree with the above......because you got a defective sprayer or two, you want them to give you all kind of free stuff. REALLY?? It isn't AG's fault the sprayer broke so take that into consideration. I am sure the customer service will help you but don't expect all kinda free stuff to make you a "loyal" customer.
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

So your spayer broke. Did you drop it, mayber your be to rough on both of them. Ag does not make the sprayer but a am sure will make it right.

You want free things your not entitled to. This is a bunch of BS. Why would you be entittled to free thing over a 50 cent sprayer breaking.

Then with out resolution you start a thread complaing about the sprayers demanding free things. Nevrmind, i dont feel like arguing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lucky472 View Post
    The other option might be a little more of a hassle, but seems fair and will make me a loyal customer for a long time. Since the two busted bottles equal about $34 of total retail. I would be thrilled if you sent me a good empty spray bottle for the last bottle and a half of dodo juice red mist qd, a bottle of the dodo juice sour power gloss enhancing shampoo and a bottle of the optimum no rinse wash and shine 32 oz new formula. I really like the dodo juice red mist, but lets face it, two busted sprayers out of 2 attempts doesnt really give me a warm and fuzzy for my last bottle. I know this is a hassle, but I'm hoping we can make this right. Thanks in advance
    WHOA WHOA WHOA I know something about good customer service because I work for a company that bends over backwards and spreads their a** checks so the customer is happy but what you're asking for is over the line like most of the people I deal with.

1st off the Dodo Juice product isn't something that AG makes. I can understand if this was a PBMA produced product like Wolfgang, Pinnacle etc etc that broke on you; however the DoDo Juice product is NOT made by them. I understand AG should stand behind products they sell but a new spray bottle and spray head is all that they "owe" you.

I know there is a saying in the USA that goes "It doesn't hurt to ask" but this is going overboard.
    Hello my name is Sean

Post Thanks / Like

You still got to use all of the product in both bottles. Why should they give you two more bottles of it? Or give you $34 worth of "free" product? That makes no sense to me.

Of course Autogeek does stuff that makes no sense to me all the time. They go above and beyond what anyone can expect. I had 2 issues with my last order. I did not come on here and make a thread about it, I called them. Nicole, who is always pleasant and really needs a raise Max, got my issues taken care of quick fast and in a hurry. I did not ask for a few free products, but made a suggestion on how I thought it could be fixed in a way fair to both of us. She thought it was reasonable as well and took care of me.

What happened was that they sent me the wrong product. The product they sent was one that would work for me and I was happy with. It cost less then what I ordered though. We agreed that I would get a different product that equaled the difference. Nothing more, nothing less. No whiney thread about it. No unreasonable request. Simple.

Now Max, about that raise for Nicole! Oh, and Penny. MAYBE Meghan. LOL!!!!
    The "artist" formerly known as M.P. Cobra Fan.

Bonita Detailing.

Post Thanks / Like

You should be thrilled autogeek stands behinds it products.

Post Thanks / Like

I appreciate the loyal customers and thread users, but the bottom line is that I placed 2 orders and in both they sent defective products. After doing a little more research on here, I found out that this is a common problem with the red mist. I know AG doesn't sell the official spray head which is why I initially requested 2 replacement bottles. I'm using a generic nozzle now which is causing me to waste product. At $16.99 an 8 oz bottle I would expect a good nozzle. The other solution I suggested is still cheaper for AG. If they were to refund me for the 2 busted bottles and possibly a third, it would cost more then either option I suggested. While I'm sure AG is the best site in the world to most of you, I've already spent about $300 and have $34 of faulty qd's on my first 2 orders. I would be perfectly ok if AG sent me two completely empty red mist bottles that actually work and a partial credit ($5 or so for the wasted product) but I know that's not possible. If you've ever used this product then you know what I mean. A replacement bottle might help but it's still not the specific nozzle which is made for this product so it sprays on light and even. The nozzle I'm forced to use sprays out twice as much and it also gets spotty. I simply want my order fixed or replaced. I'm not asking for anything more then I spent. If I was trying to get something for nothing, why would I pick the item that's only $35 total? It's even more frustrating now that I know others have had the same issue and it still hasn't been corrected.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast