autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's be honest.......

I have to say, the Cobra Guzzler HD Waffle Weave Drying Towel is one majorly disappointing drying towel. From all the positive reviews that i've read about the waffle weave, mine doesn't perform no where close to what i expected especially having read about how great of a drying towel it is. it absorbs alright when it is dry, but when it is damp, it's disappointing. wringing it dry does not help as it's difficult to even wring it dry. all in all, i am left bitterly disappointed with this towel and is in search of a much better drying towel. either my expectation of this towel is unrealistic or maybe perhaps there is a much better performing drying towel out there. any recommendations? please only good ones. one lousy towel is good enough for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Let's be honest.......

That's too bad you weren't happy with it. I have always been happy enough with the several I use.

You will get alot of different comments on which towels people prefer, the Guzzler is not usually the most popular. Try a few others until you find one you like.

Not everyone uses the same technique to dry a car either, this may affect how a towel works.
    Luxury Mobile Auto Detailing
    Pensacola & Orlando

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry you do not like it. I have never tried it. I prefer using the Mothers drying towel.
    The "artist" formerly known as M.P. Cobra Fan.

Bonita Detailing.

Post Thanks / Like

I use it with a leaf blower and love it.
    'Cause there's just something women like about a pickup man.
    Rich

Post Thanks / Like

I'm very happy with the Poorboy's World waffle weave drying towels. They definitely work better once they are damp but with the larger size they can be tricky to wring out. It's all in how you fold it before wringing it out. I fold in thirds, roll it as tight as I can then wring out from one end to the other. It must hold a quart of water.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with you completely. The Guzzler HD's do a TERRIBLE job for me. Don't dry very well, and damn near impossible to wring out.

On the other hand, the standard Guzzler's I absolutely love. A little bit cheaper, softer, and they do a fantastic job in drying my car. You might want to give one of those a try.

Mike Phillips

Thanks for your feedback...

Detailing products are very much personal preference, I can't count how many times I've read a thread with someone sharing a negative experience and then in another thread see someone different using the same product and sharing a positive experience.

Often times people will take the time to post a thread about a negative experience but more often than not, people that have a good experience don't post anything at all, they just go about their life, it can skew perceptions but that's just how the world and discussion forums work.

Either way, we do appreciate you're taking the time to share your thoughts... when you find a drying towel that you do like, I hope to see a positive post about it...

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by watermark View Post

On the other hand, the standard Guzzler's I absolutely love. A little bit cheaper, softer, and they do a fantastic job in drying my car. You might want to give one of those a try.

And there you go...

Post Thanks / Like

Guzzler HD works great for me.I usually pat dry with it then switch to a regular WW towel & a QD to get any remaining water. Seems to wring out ok considering how much water the foam core can hold. I have a Mothers drying towel also but haven't tried it yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a review I did on a few drying towels:
    Cobra Guzzler HD -vs- Mothers -vs- Megs
    Team Flex PE14-2 150(Serial#0005)/3401/3403/XFE 7-15

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast