autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Griot's Garage 6" DA purchasing options

I have a question about the store and sorry if this is the wrong spot for this, however why does the Griot's only have 3 bundles that includes pads to choose from and the porter cable 7424xp has 22 different bundles to choose from? Personally i'd like the griots to purchase this will be my first DA but the lack of bundling options has me a bit concerned and almost going for the 7424. is there any possibility of more options being added to the griot's or are we just out of luck?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griot's Garage 6" DA purchasing options

Quote Originally Posted by h_2_o View Post
    I have a question about the store and sorry if this is the wrong spot for this, however why does the Griot's only have 3 bundles that includes pads to choose from and the porter cable 7424xp has 22 different bundles to choose from? Personally i'd like the griots to purchase this will be my first DA but the lack of bundling options has me a bit concerned and almost going for the 7424. is there any possibility of more options being added to the griot's or are we just out of luck?
    I would recommend just doing your own bundles. You may not need everything in the bundle (pad cleaner, pad conditioners, mf, etc) so the savings (or the freebies) is not as real. You also can pick the pads you need by getting a pick 6 type bundle. For example, you can get more pads (like orange rather than say blue).

What extras do you think are must have: polish, pads, ?

You could create your own bundle and call AG to see if they will give you a special price.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

I love my Griots, I got one of the bundles, then like Bunky said, just add to it as you go along.
    'Cause there's just something women like about a pickup man.
    Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Try calling AG on monday and see if they can build you a bundle similar to one of the ones you see available for the 7424. They are usually pretty good about finding solutions for customers.

The 7424 is a great machine. There is nothing wrong with getting it instead. The GG is more powerful and therefore more popular on this site.
    Kevin
    Griots Garage 6in ROP, 3in ROP, pneumatic 3in polisher
    Flex 3401, Porter Cable PC7424 (the old non-XP model).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4 Shelby View Post
    Try calling AG on monday and see if they can build you a bundle similar to one of the ones you see available for the 7424. They are usually pretty good about finding solutions for customers.

The 7424 is a great machine. There is nothing wrong with getting it instead. The GG is more powerful and therefore more popular on this site.
    I wish i got the GG but my PC has not let me down yet. It surprises me every day. It has taken all the abuse i have put it thru.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Transcendent View Post
    I wish i got the GG but my PC has not let me down yet. It surprises me every day. It has taken all the abuse i have put it thru.
    I had an old PC 7424 (less power than a 7424XP) for about 10 years then bought a Griots. The GG is the superior polisher, but, I still enjoy using my old PC. I use it for 4in pads or 3in Megs DA MF. It has been extremely durable.
    Kevin
    Griots Garage 6in ROP, 3in ROP, pneumatic 3in polisher
    Flex 3401, Porter Cable PC7424 (the old non-XP model).