autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Opinion/help PLEASE!!

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    When detailing rims and tires, I've tried Armor All gel and spray products. But no matter what I do as far as drying time or amount used on the tire, I can't seem to prevent little black spots from the product getting on my car. It drives me ABSOLUTELY CRAZY!!!!!!

So I'm looking for opinions on Armor All tire products vs other brands, and what can I do to prevent the black spots from showing up after I detail the tires?

Thanks a million.

brm
    I've had just the opposite expierence. Armor All Extreme Shine (Spray) is my go to product. It will withstand 70mph driving without slinging a single dot IME

Shines like crazy too

Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post
    The problem is likely water still in the ribbing of the tire. Unfortunately it hampers the drying agent and can cause spitting. I find it best to dry well with leaf blower, and then pat dry. Apply protectant and then buff off any excess 10 minutes later.
    The tire needs to be 100% dry and you should let your dressing soak in for an hour or more before driving IMO
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Opinion/help PLEASE!!

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I've had just the opposite expierence. Armor All Extreme Shine (Spray) is my go to product. It will withstand 70mph driving without slinging a single dot IME

Shines like crazy too

The tire needs to be 100% dry and you should let your dressing soak in for an hour or more before driving IMO

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!! This is way too weird!!!!! Wal-Mart recently had a sale on the Armor All car wash product, which I've always used and love, and the extreme shine tire spray. For craps and giggles, I picked up a bottle of the extreme tire shine and I just adjusted my application for the 3rd time. (Very fine mist, let dry for an hour, apply 2nd fine mist and let dry for an hour, apply 3rd fine mist and let sit over night.) I went to work this morning and had almost no negative results. The only negative was little bit of black on my rims, but that was cleaned up with a little windex and a mf in about 1 minute. I'm not sure if I can get better results, but will try the Meg's and Black Magic anyway to see what I get.

Great feedback from everyone!! I love this site and appreciate all the help and advice!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12