autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Make On Line Shopping Easier

I'm wondering how many of Autogeek's web Geeks have actually shopped at Autogeek.net.

I say none because the Geek on line store has one easy-to-fix-paint-in-the-butt feature that makes browsing a bit cumbersome.

When displaying more than one page of products, Autogeekonline lists the additional pages on the top of the page. There should be a duplicate on the BOTTOM of each page, just like the forums.

Let's say I'm looking for a metal polish. I search "metal" and several pages come up. I know because the additional pages are Listed at the top of the page. I browse top to bottom and then I have to scroll BACK TO THE TOP of the page to get to page 2. I browse page two top to bottom and have to scroll BACK TO THE TOP to get to page three.

I stopped browsing at page three.

Please credit my account $395.00. That's pretty cheap for a fix that's sure to increase sales!

P.S.: Each web Geek should be given ten shopping lists per week containing at least 20 random items or classes of products and be forced to complete 10 on line orders.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Make On Line Shopping Easier

I agree that would be nice, but I do not use the search very often. Normally I browse to the product section or manufacturer's page to get to the what I'm looking for. I don't find the results of the search to be very useful.

In my opinion, the shopping cart and checkout process could be improved. There is no way to view your coupon code and shipping charges without proceeding to the checkout page. This makes building an order cumbersome. On another detailing site that also uses Yahoo, they have it set up so you preview the savings and charges directly from the shopping cart. Might be something to investigate.

The other thing I would like to see is a working Wish List function that is more integrated with the site.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by toxygene View Post
    I agree that would be nice, but I do not use the search very often. Normally I browse to the product section or manufacturer's page to get to the what I'm looking for. I don't find the results of the search to be very useful.

In my opinion, the shopping cart and checkout process could be improved. There is no way to view your coupon code and shipping charges without proceeding to the checkout page. This makes building an order cumbersome. On another detailing site that also uses Yahoo, they have it set up so you preview the savings and charges directly from the shopping cart. Might be something to investigate.

The other thing I would like to see is a working Wish List function that is more integrated with the site.
    It is possible to see the final $$$ with different coupon code, once the code is entered hit apply instead if checkout. After you enter a few and figure out the best price, then you hit order/checkout. As for the wishlist, it's terrible. I have 3 and none work,haven't for awhile.
    Famous last words of a redneck- "Hold my beer, watch this "

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by snowking724 View Post
    It is possible to see the final $$$ with different coupon code, once the code is entered hit apply instead if checkout. After you enter a few and figure out the best price, then you hit order/checkout. As for the wishlist, it's terrible. I have 3 and none work,haven't for awhile.
    I know that, but you have to go to the checkout page before you can even enter a coupon code. On some sites you can enter the coupon on the shopping cart page. That is much more convenient.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I hate the damn peanuts, but I never remember to specify paper in the comment box. How about adding check boxes for paper or peanuts.
    My name is Jim and I am an Old Auburn Tiger.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

It figures. I start a thread about making browsing through the online store and it gets highjacked.

Yeah, the checkout could be better. Peanuts???? Like I give #@$&^ about peanuts as long as I get my stuff damage free, I DON'T CARE IF IT'S WRAPPED IN BABY SEAL HIDES.

I'll address this to Max, the head Geek:

Dear Max,

Merchandising increases sales. If you can get me to try Meguiar's M105 and M205 along with my usual M80 and M83, your total sales may increase. I know you know this because you spend a lot of money hiring guys like Mike Phillips and "Dude" from Truck U to introduce us to new products. I know you know this because you sent me two jars of XMT360 with my last two orders. it's all about getting customers to try new stuff.

This is precisely why Walmart pays employees to shift everything around in the stores every two weeks. Most customers buy the same stuff every week. I go to isle 23A to find donuts every week. Switch everything around, and I pass all kinds of different stuff I haven't seen on the way to 23A only to find donuts are now on isle 27B. I walk out of the store with donuts, frozen pizza and bagels. Hell, I didn't even know I wanted frozen pizza and bagels!

Unlike some of the detail nerds here, I do not pretend to know EXACTLY what I am going to buy when I visit your online store. I may recall an AutoGeek video or thread and may want to browse through a product category.

PLEASE PUT A PAGE INDEX ON THE TOP AND BOTTOM OF EVERY PAGE OF SEARCH RESULTS.

It is a pain to scroll back to the top of every page to get to the next. I quit browsing looking for new stuff to buy. The change I suggest requires about 5 minutes of programming.

Too bad all of your efforts to get me to consider new products are torpedoed by a simple to fix programming issue.

P.S.: Was a haircut a contract condition in hiring the Dude as AutoGeek spokesman?

P.P.S.: Can I get EXTRA peanuts in my next order? I've got Ebay sales to ship!

Post Thanks / Like

For as big as Autogeek is, the usability of the cart has to be causing the loss of sales. A conversion expert would do a lot of good because browsing products is a pain.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Tiger View Post
    Well I hate the damn peanuts, but I never remember to specify paper in the comment box. How about adding check boxes for paper or peanuts.
    Totally agree with you. Especially when you order a 5 gallon bucket and all of the peanuts cling to the inside of it. That's not fun.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XB70 View Post
    Yeah, the checkout could be better. Peanuts???? Like I give #@$&^ about peanuts as long as I get my stuff damage free, I DON'T CARE IF IT'S WRAPPED IN BABY SEAL HIDES.
    Amen!! I thought I was the only one on here that didn't complain about something as trivial as the packing peanuts. It's one thing to be upset over a broken/leaky container or a faulty product, but whining about having to spend an additional 5 seconds to wipe off a few foam peanuts from your container is laughable at best.

Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Easy guys! The title of the thread is "Make On Line Shopping Easier" and whats important to you guys is trivial to a lot of people too. Have a little respect for somebody elses opinion of what would make life better for them. My goodness!

Happy shopping

btw: I brought the button on the top and bottom issue a few months ago on here if I recall correctly so I don't think its going to change.
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast