autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Optimum Hyper Compound Consistency

I have been in search of the right aggressive compound for removing severe paint defects. The problem I have been having is that some products I have tried either turn as thin as water or dust like crazy. Recently I have switched to purchasing Optimum Products only, because of their non dusting characteristics. Their Polishes are working out well for me as they do not dust, cut quickly, finish out nicely and do not turn watery.

A little over a week ago I purchased a quart bottle of Hyper Compound from Autogeek.

Optimum Hyper Compound is a fast-acting abrasive compound polish that works with your high speed rotary polisher to remove swirls, scratches &

I received everything yesterday morning (thanks for the free gifts by the way) and the Hyper Compound was as if it was nothing but water in the bottle and the bottle was thin as if it had been opened and squeezed and then closed again. There was no leakage in the box that my order was shipped in.

I noticed as soon as I picked the bottle from the packing peanuts that it seemed very watery and partially empty so I unscrewed the lid and let the air into the bottle and it was 3/4 full and the product had what appeared to be mold or something floating on top. (little 1/4 inch circles, kind of black) I thought that maybe it was just separated and needed shaking to thicken up so I shook the bottle vigorously for over a minute and it is still as thin as water.

So my questions are these.
    1. Is this a common occurrence with Optimum Hyper Compound in the quarts?
    2. Are the other bottles of this product that are on the shelves there at AG runny like this?
    3. Is this particular product discontinued and being phased out and replaced by the spray compound?
    4. If the other bottles there are not all watery, can I get a replacement for this as I can not use this stuff?
    5. If the other bottles of this product that you have in stock are all watery, can I pay the difference to get a bottle of the Optimum Hyper Compound Spray to replace this Bottle?

The reason I am posting this here is because I called at 12:12 PM yesterday (Monday) and left a message with the products tech department describing the consistency of this bottle of compound and left my phone number with a request for a call back and have not got a call back yet.

Thanks for any replies, TD

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Optimum Hyper Compound Consistency

So I have been so busy during the days detailing that I haven't had time to call AG again so I contacted the customer help on the store website and no reply there either. I guess I'll have to cancel a detail to chase down an answer to the above questions. I know it's just a $20 bottle of compound but what's up with the no reply thing? I need a secretary.