autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shipping slowed down?

I guess the advertising on Two Guys Garage and the great free shipping promos are really helping business. Keep up the great work. It is good to see a small/medium business thriving when the rest of the economy is only slowly improving.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FastZR1 View Post
    That is great news that AG is able to expand with the current economy and all. That is good to hear these days.

Now, when AG decides to expand and make another wharehouse on the western side of the US (somewhat like Summit Racing and Jegs) I will be glad to help run the house. I'm looking for a new career venture in about four years!
    I like the idea of California, let me pack my bags and grab some stock!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Meghan,

Thanks for being candid with us. The openess and honesty is always what I respect most about AG ! In my business we consider big growth a "GOOD PROBLEM" to have. Keep up the good work ! It does not go unnoticed nor unappreciated. P.S. When are the Wookie Fist coming back into stock ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meghan View Post
    Well first off I am sorry you have experienced slow shipments, I personally take an interest in getting out the package in a timely manner. Hence why you haven't seen me too much on the forum the past couple of weeks, I have been sweating out in the warehouse. We have experienced in the past few weeks a doubling in the orders being placed. And as you know with growth comes growing pains! So in the past few weeks we have had to make some adjustments including hiring six new warehouse staff, 3 new office admin staff, larger UPS semi trailer, building two new offices, expanding the warehouse for over stock... and the story goes on! Also due to our growth our vendors all had a bit of trouble supplying our needs, but Max has handled that now and I think we are all on the same page now. I am very happy to say with the help of Max and all of our staff we have gotten to where our load does not exceed our staff and stock. It has been a crazy month but I have really enjoyed the challenge as have the others, we have a great crew and they have been here all hours and weekends making sure we take care of our customers. We have extended our packing hours and upgraded shipping on a lot of our orders that were not shipped out within 24 hours. The storm is over and after this past week you should not see any delays in your packages, but if you are ordering and you want some personal Meghan attention please put a note in the comments box...Meghan Ship Out Today!!! And I will make sure you order is lightning fast!

Thank you all for your patience, as we grow we hope to expand our company so we can better serve you, our customers and our reason for being here!
    You all are the reason for our success and I would just like to say thank you!
    Meghan, Thank you for the update! That is really exciting news! Congratulations to AG on a job well done. Thank you for all the long hours and all the effort you put into making AG what it is! You guys are terrific!

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    We have been spoiled as of late with easy online ordering and same day shipping. It was not many years ago when you ordered something from someone you never know when to expect..like 4 to 6 weeks...and could rarely get anything quick.

Now, with the internet, tracking info, etc. you can follow every shipment realtime through the distribution system and we still wonder why it takes so long.
    Too true, LOL. Good to be reminded of these things!
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

You guys are spoiled.

In Alberta, Canada... we get things from the States in 10 working days. Not just from AG, but from anybody in the USA. Border Customs slows it down.

A couple of days in transit, for free... would sure be nice.

Question >>> How many Cubic Feet of UPS Containers are leaving your Shop every week ?

I've seen the Pictures, but what the numbers?
    Dean
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.

2003 GMC Sierra Denali
    Onyx Black/Pewter Leather
    w/AWD & QuadraSteer.

2008 Infiniti EX35 AWD
    Aspen Pearl/Black Leather
    w/AWD & Journey Pkg.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like Max is building himself a Detailing Empire! I think with a little help from us forum members, helping spread the good word about detailing, Autogeek can become a household name. I mean, there's millions and millions of cars out there and millions of people that like taking care of their rides, only they don't know how; that's where we come in. I've already mentioned AG to many of my relatives and have detailed their cars with impressive results, so I know I'm doing my part.

Keep up the great work team AG!
    Enrique - Amateur Detailer Extraordinaire
    "Man is an emotional animal, occasionally rational; and through his feelings he can be deceived to his heart's content." - Durant

Post Thanks / Like

That is awesome to hear how in our current economic state you guys are growing and hiring more people.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meghan View Post
    I like the idea of California, let me pack my bags and grab some stock!!!
    I lived in CA twice for 9 years total. Trust me, the idea of living in CA is much better than the reality.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Old Tiger View Post
    I lived in CA twice for 9 years total. Trust me, the idea of living in CA is much better than the reality.
    What's the old saying? "The grass is always greener on the other side?" The big problem I see with California is their emission standards. All their cars are slower than the same models from other states! No bragging rights!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by termigator View Post
    What's the old saying? "The grass is always greener on the other side?" The big problem I see with California is their emission standards. All their cars are slower than the same models from other states! No bragging rights!
    So true! My LS7(z06) engine runs the best on 93 octane, but the smog nazis here in CA only allow 91 octane. It really does make a difference!
    '03 Corvette Z06

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast