autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Just curious why the high shipping prices?

Quote Originally Posted by idriveblackcars View Post
    Still at the stupid posts I see? You will never change/ AG kiss ass lol pathetic
    I thought Bob's post was informative, but be careful with how you word your posts: You wouldn't want to get banned because you got flustered, made comments that disregard the rules, then feel bad about it later after you calm down. Don't ask me how I know.
    Secondly, shipping through UPS, or FedEx is high. That's why I stopped practicing trading "Samples" to other members here. It just wasn't worth it in the end.
    "I've seen a good quality car wash look better than some guys complete detail jobs."
    Mike Phillips 10/21/09

Post Thanks / Like

I always first search Amazon for Prime eligible products. They've got McKees 37 there which you'll save on shipping and get in a day or two tops. There are some Palm Beach Motoring products on Amazon too but unfortunately some of the popular stuff isn't Prime eligible. But it may be offered with a lower shipping cost.

Post Thanks / Like

The gold standard discussion is just as opinionated as any best wax or sealant discussion.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by expdetailing View Post
    I thought Bob's post was informative, but be careful with how you word your posts: You wouldn't want to get banned because you got flustered, made comments that disregard the rules, then feel bad about it later after you calm down. Don't ask me how I know.
    Secondly, shipping through UPS, or FedEx is high. That's why I stopped practicing trading "Samples" to other members here. It just wasn't worth it in the end.
    Yup, I offered to send some one Klasse AIO and Sealant if they paid the shipping. When I told them how much it would cost they backed out. It would have cost half the price of what the stuff was worth, so I tossed it out.

I only shop here when they give free shipping and 20% off or $5.95 shipping with a 25% discount. That is my hard and fast rule.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    Yup, I offered to send some one Klasse AIO and Sealant if they paid the shipping. When I told them how much it would cost they backed out. It would have cost half the price of what the stuff was worth, so I tossed it out.

I only shop here when they give free shipping and 20% off or $5.95 shipping with a 25% discount. That is my hard and fast rule.
    I try to find creative uses for stuff that I really don't need. For example, if I had Klasse AIO, I would have used it for door jamb maintenance.
    It kills me to throw stuff away that I paid for and is still useful.
    "I've seen a good quality car wash look better than some guys complete detail jobs."
    Mike Phillips 10/21/09

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by idriveblackcars View Post
    And the fact that they never answer my emails ever only makes me use them when no other online place in the world carries what I need. Unlike others I have never got good service from AG and the trend continues.
    When did you email, we answer every email we receive daily, so if you can please tell me when you emailed and with what email address so I can search it in the system. Thank you

Post Thanks / Like

The ubiquity and strength of the
    USA's fiat-currency ("paper") is
    not just suspect, but many consider
    it to also be quite worrisome.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe you should try Autogeek's sister company: Autopia. I believe their shipping is done differently, and it might be less expensive for your situation. I live in Canada so I fully appreciate your issues with high shipping cost. When I place an order shipping usually is 30-50% of the cost of the order. I am not that much farther from you (Montreal) but they do have to cross the border with the package. As others said, there are sales all the time, and often offer free shipping. Just make a list of what you want and when a sales is on, place the order. Not as convenient but definitely cheaper. As for the service, never had issues with it so far. Just bad luck maybe?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post
    The ubiquity and strength of the
    USA's fiat-currency ("paper") is
    not just suspect, but many consider
    it to also be quite worrisome.

Bob

2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

You gotta think...

1. People have been complaining about AG shipping rates since the beginning of time. It's doesn't change.

2. AG frequently has great sales & free shipping promotions all the time. This is when I shop.

So, I would say, if you NEED something and don't qualify for a promotion or none is currently offered you have 2 options:

1. Pay the AG shipping.

2. Buy it elsewhere.

But I can tell you this, as sure as I can tell you the sky is blue - standard shipping costs will only go up - not down. Also, you will not get an answer on why standard shipping costs are what they are - other than - that's what they are.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast