autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Proportioner not working well with Hyper Wash

Hello,

I recently ordered Meguiar's D110 Hyper-Wash with the add-on proportioner (order #1569002-1). I thought it was a pretty nifty idea so went to test it out the next day. I must have done something wrong because I could not get the proportioner to fill up. It seemed pretty simple - remove cap, screw proportioner on, set level, squeeze bottle to fill proportioner. I squeezed as hard as I could (even went so far as to squeeze it between my knees, lock my hands behind my knees and squeeze with my arms at the same time - yeah, that was pretty goofy looking but the only way I could get more force). A little bit of Hyper Wash eventually oozed it's way up. Is it normal for the proportioner to be that difficult to use? Is the Hyper Wash just too thick to use with it? I thought that since it was an option on the product page it would work well with it. If need be I'll just transfer the proportioner over to a bottle of something else and buy a pump for this one. Just seems odd to me that it's sold with it as an option but doesn't really work with it.

I don't think I'm THAT weak lol. With my old job I used to move gym equipment around (treadmill, ellipticals, etc.). Maybe I need to get a gym membership though?
    Lydia's Mobile Detailing
    Professional Detailing since 2007
    Green 1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 & Silver 2007 Honda ST1300

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Proportioner not working well with Hyper Wash

Did you keep the lid for the proportioner on or off? It sounds like the proportioner lid might be closed.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried both ways, not really any difference either way. That was my thought at first too but no difference with the lid closed (assuming you mean the little pop cap on top of the proportioner, with the tether on it).
    Lydia's Mobile Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

The only other thing I can think of is if the proportioner is not tight enough on the jug.

Post Thanks / Like

Tried that, too. Took it off, re-aligned threads, re-tightened. No difference. I would think if that were the issue the product would come oozing out the threads. Also, if anything it would be easier to press as the air would escape more easily through the loose threads.

Have you ever used the proportioner yourself with a product with the thickness of Hyper Wash? Just curious if it was easy or not. Like I said I know I'm not weak. Not the strongest out there by any means (I'm a girl, after all) but I'm not weak. Just trying to find out whether I'm crazy or what!
    Lydia's Mobile Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't used a proportioner with hyperwash, I normally use it with ONR or a rinseless wash concentrate so I don't know how thick hyper wash is. That being said the first time I used one, I almost broke it trying to squeeze out some more wolfgang rinseless wash solution but the lid was closed so.. it didn't do too well. My laundry room was cherry scented for a week..

Post Thanks / Like

LOL! Sounds like that had to be fun to clean up!

Hyper Wash is relatively thick, I guess (I just compared it to Meg's Ultimate WW and it's seems to be slightly thicker than UWW). About the same thickness as shampoo, although I know that's very dependent upon brand - maybe like Suave? Ha. In fact it smells kind of like shampoo too...hmm, maybe THAT'S the problem...
    Lydia's Mobile Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Wanted to post the resolution to this in case anyone else had this issue. I contacted Autogeek about it and they sent out another proportioner in case something was wrong with the first one. The second one acted pretty much the same. When I called again to speak to Tech Support, they indicated that the proportioner isn't made for thicker products. I spoke with Customer Service and they graciously sent out a pump instead. The pump works great and I'm happy. Great customer service - thanks so much, Autogeek!
    Lydia's Mobile Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you were able to get taken care of... AG customer service is top notch.Proportioner not working well with Hyper Wash

Sent from my iPhone