autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: return/exchange policy?

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    I know anything & everything is "possible", but this is my opinion about the people who care enough about detail to even visit this forum in the first place.
    I'm not saying it WOULD happen, just that it could. The sample forum is cool because you "talk" one-on-one with someone before making an exchange.

And while I agree that most active members wouldn't do anything nasty, be honest - IF AG setup the program there would be some jerk who was mad because they got kick off the forum, or an order shipped wrong, or Nick didn't kiss their butt....and who would love a chance to "get back" at them. Don't believe me? Ask Nick....and his attorney.

It only takes 1 jerk to ruin something for everyone. Unfortunately.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, but if they were kicked off the forum, they couldn't participate in the Sample thread.

Plus, it's really up to us as forum members to use our own discretion. A member with let's say 1000 posts probably didn't waste a few years on here talking car care with all of us with the end result of sabotage.

I just used the Samples thread a few weeks ago. Dealt with a very cool dude on here who has posted many a helpful thread, and some kick ass reviews.

Was there a blind trust factor for him, being that I only have a few hundred posts? Sure, but I think he did his research on me. Past posts, etc.

Bottom line is this: You can't trust everything in life completely, but living paranoid is worse.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Ok, but if they were kicked off the forum, they couldn't participate in the Sample thread.

Plus, it's really up to us as forum members to use our own discretion. A member with let's say 1000 posts probably didn't waste a few years on here talking car care with all of us with the end result of sabotage.

I just used the Samples thread a few weeks ago. Dealt with a very cool dude on here who has posted many a helpful thread, and some kick ass reviews.

Was there a blind trust factor for him, being that I only have a few hundred posts? Sure, but I think he did his research on me. Past posts, etc.

Bottom line is this: You can't trust everything in life completely, but living paranoid is worse.
    That's what I am saying...the Sample Forum works because individuals interact.

(I do "Risk Assessment" for business - of course I'm paranoid! It's a job description!)

But don't think everyone has just 1 account on here. Trolls love forums, and even good members sometimes have "evil" accounts to be snarky.

Look - I'm not saying anyone here is bad or that the Sample exchange idea isn't great - I was just trying to explain why I can't see AG getting behind it. Just pointing out something I would point out to my clients.

Post Thanks / Like

Gotcha.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike C -

You should remind your wife that we are also the only species that flies planes, drives cars, and talks on cell phones

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12