autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Not at all happy with Autogeek, very disappointed

I just joined this forum to voice my displeasure with Autogeek. I'm not sure where else to do so.

I received a DP Turbo Dryer last year (June 2015) from my kids for Father's Day. I used the dryer 3-4 times at the most last summer. It worked fine.
    When I went to use it again this spring (2016), it gave off a burning smell and the motor ran slower and slower. I stopped using it for fear it might catch on fire. I tried it briefly a few more times to see if it would auto-correct itself, but it did not.

So I called Autogeek in June of this year (2016) and told them about the issue.

The canned response was that the item has a 1-year warranty, and mine was purchased in May of 2015, so it is out of warranty.
    Well it was purchased in May, ahead of Father's Day to be a gift. Usually gifts are bought in advance of the special occasion. The dryer didn't get used until after Father's Day.
    And it was only used a few times all of last summer!

In June 2016, I made multiple phone calls to Autogeek asking them to replace the dryer. It was barely over the 1-year warranty (by a month), and was barely used. It is like brand new! In fact it was not used during that extra month because it was wrapped up as gift!
    After many replies saying they will "see what they could do", the final decision was that there was nothing they can do. 1-yr and that's it, regardless of extenuating circumstances.
    I realize that technically they can play that 1-yr card, but with customer service and reputation on the line, I'd think they would consider making the exception. If anyone from Autogeek is watching and/or is interested, the order number was 1309036.

So I'm back to using my leaf blower to dry off my car and $150 lighter in the wallet. Thanks a bunch.

I'd just like to go on record that this was my first and last purchase from Autogeek. I'm very disappointed.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Not at all happy with Autogeek, very disappointed

You exceeded the warranty timeframe, simple as that. I'm tired of hearing people complain when they don't get their way and then turn around and ##### about it. Go pound sand cuz nobody wants to hear about it.
    2018 Ford F150 - Ruby Red Metallic
    2019 Honda Odyssey - Obsidian Blue

Post Thanks / Like

I'm disappointed this forum is turning into a let's b***h about AG Customer Service Forum.

I have personally contacted them numerous times via email and telephone and always been satisfied with the outcome.

I sell packaging equipment and other types of equipment and they have warranties. When the warranty expires it expires, case closed. Regardless of gift or not, it's date of purchase.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

And people say millennials are "gimme" generation....

Post Thanks / Like

Sux man. I feel your pain...But the warranty is the warranty... Maybe they could have taken care of you, but you can't really bash them for sticking with the warranty as stated.

On another note, if it was me - I would take it apart and see what is going on. If your not "handy", I'm sure an electric motor repair shop may be able to help. Could be something as simple as damaged brushes or the internal wiring came loose.

I have a Metro Sidekick and Master Blaster and they are pretty much bullet proof. MANY of them have been sold for MANY years - and I can't recall ever seeing a complaint of this type. Maybe someone said their hose popped off - but that's about it.

FWIW, when I buy something like this - I always try to buy a tried and true product where the company who actually manufactures it - has THEIR name on it.

For example, companies like Rupes, Metro, Milwaukee, etc... Parts are readily available and if you need something - you are dealing with the actual people who make it - opposed to someone who just slapped their name on it.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I am truly sorry if I offended anyone. I thought this was the correct forum to voice an opinion, based on this forum description:

- Forum: Customer Comments
    - Tell us what you think about the products you're using or about Autogeek. You opinions count!

Based on that description, it seemed like Autogeek was interested in my opinion. And this was simply my opinion based on my experience. As I said, I wasn't sure where or how to get feedback to them. Evidently this wasn't the place to do it. Maybe a private email would have been more appropriate. I'm sorry.

Bottom line (and I realize this) is that the warranty is what it is. The company has the every right to stand firm on that. And I have the right to buy or not buy from them in the future. It's just that simple.
    I am disappointed that I am using my leaf blower again and I'm out $150.

I apologize if I upset or offended anyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    I sell packaging equipment and other types of equipment and they have warranties. When the warranty expires it expires, case closed. Regardless of gift or not, it's date of purchase.
    So you run your business like a business?

I find some of these complaint threads baffling. The seller is expected (or demanded) to exceed the terms of the sale, no matter the loss to them.

L.L. Bean has a serious problem with people abusing their guarantee. Seems like Retail Dissociative Disorder might have a place in the DSM-6.

http://www.npr.org/sections/money/20...ever-they-want

Post Thanks / Like

What is this...gang up on the GEEK week.I recently had to replace or have fixed a $1700.00 TV and a $2300.00 frig. Both just weeks out of extended warranties. One was due to a lighting strike to my house.Due to my insurance deductible expenses are out-of-pocket.
    "Chrome wheeled, fuel injected and steppin' out over the line"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    Sux man. I feel your pain...But the warranty is the warranty... Maybe they could have taken care of you, but you can't really bash them for sticking with the warranty as stated.

On another note, if it was me - I would take it apart and see what is going on. If your not "handy", I'm sure an electric motor repair shop may be able to help. Could be something as simple as damaged brushes or the internal wiring came loose.

I have a Metro Sidekick and Master Blaster and they are pretty much bullet proof. MANY of them have been sold for MANY years - and I can't recall ever seeing a complaint of this type. Maybe someone said their hose popped off - but that's about it.

FWIW, when I buy something like this - I always try to buy a tried and true product where the company who actually manufactures it - has THEIR name on it.

For example, companies like Rupes, Metro, Milwaukee, etc... Parts are readily available and if you need something - you are dealing with the actual people who make it - opposed to someone who just slapped their name on it.
    Isn't the McKee's 37 Turbo Car Dryer the same dryer? If so, it's New and Improved, wonder why.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TK70 View Post
    I just joined this forum to voice my displeasure with Autogeek. I'm not sure where else to do so.

I received a DP Turbo Dryer last year (June 2015) from my kids for Father's Day. I used the dryer 3-4 times at the most last summer. It worked fine.
    When I went to use it again this spring (2016), it gave off a burning smell and the motor ran slower and slower. I stopped using it for fear it might catch on fire. I tried it briefly a few more times to see if it would auto-correct itself, but it did not.

So I called Autogeek in June of this year (2016) and told them about the issue.

The canned response was that the item has a 1-year warranty, and mine was purchased in May of 2015, so it is out of warranty.
    Well it was purchased in May, ahead of Father's Day to be a gift. Usually gifts are bought in advance of the special occasion. The dryer didn't get used until after Father's Day.
    And it was only used a few times all of last summer!

In June 2016, I made multiple phone calls to Autogeek asking them to replace the dryer. It was barely over the 1-year warranty (by a month), and was barely used. It is like brand new! In fact it was not used during that extra month because it was wrapped up as gift!
    After many replies saying they will "see what they could do", the final decision was that there was nothing they can do. 1-yr and that's it, regardless of extenuating circumstances.
    I realize that technically they can play that 1-yr card, but with customer service and reputation on the line, I'd think they would consider making the exception. If anyone from Autogeek is watching and/or is interested, the order number was 1309036.

So I'm back to using my leaf blower to dry off my car and $150 lighter in the wallet. Thanks a bunch.

I'd just like to go on record that this was my first and last purchase from Autogeek. I'm very disappointed.
    Quote Originally Posted by TK70 View Post
    I am truly sorry if I offended anyone. I thought this was the correct forum to voice an opinion, based on this forum description:

- Forum: Customer Comments
    - Tell us what you think about the products you're using or about Autogeek. You opinions count!

Based on that description, it seemed like Autogeek was interested in my opinion. And this was simply my opinion based on my experience. As I said, I wasn't sure where or how to get feedback to them. Evidently this wasn't the place to do it. Maybe a private email would have been more appropriate. I'm sorry.

Bottom line (and I realize this) is that the warranty is what it is. The company has the every right to stand firm on that. And I have the right to buy or not buy from them in the future. It's just that simple.
    I am disappointed that I am using my leaf blower again and I'm out $150.

I apologize if I upset or offended anyone.
    You stated that you already had multiple contacts with AG about the issue. If AG already knew your opinion on the matter, so I'm not sure what you hoped to accomplish here.

There's nothing to apologize for, but everyone has an opinion, and we wouldn't be posting if we didn't want to share ours, too. I wouldn't be happy about the failure you experienced, but I wouldn't condemn AG's customer service for their position on the matter. On the whole, I believe they've done well by their customers over the years.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast