autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: $195 minimums

Post Thanks / Like

Re: $195 minimums

Nick, just a suggestion from a guy whose been selling packaging systems for 25+ years.

USPS Flat Rate Shipping on smaller items, waxes, brushes pads etc. And they give you the boxes for free.

Also, I sold those Ranpak Paper Systems you're using for over ten years.

I ordered a PE8 from you guys a year and a half or so ago, it was over stuffed to the max with paper. I took the entire shipment to one of my manufacturers and did a weight study with a different type of void fill (not peanuts) and it was 60% lighter and had much less "stuff" in it. I had them UPS it to me and it arrived fine.

I'm available for packaging consultations
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Free shipping is not free shipping when you have to purchase $99...$195...etc to get it. It all has to do with marketing. Many time you will see a thread started that says Free Shipping but when you open it up it says with a minimum purchase of $150.00 Now I'm not telling anyone how to run their business I'm just saying it's a marketing plan. While I'm not a fan of this approach, many companies do it.
    2008 Toyota Tacoma 410,000 miles and still going strong.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if this is the new norm.

Post Thanks / Like

We are spoiled here at Auto Geek.
    Shipping items by the gallon is expensive due to the weight.
    If your order contains several gallons, AutoGeek might actually take a loss on your order.
    In my view, AutoGeek has been more than fair and generous with their sales.
    For a professional detailer, these sales are incredibly helpful.

Post Thanks / Like

I know why businesses do it - to generate hype and excitement - but I am in the minority and dislike these sales. I'd rather have reasonable prices, flat rate shipping, and no HYPE.

I don't shop at Kohl's because of this sort of BS - "Sign up for this program, come in on Tuesday @ 4PM, Buy 3 for this special price but one is 2x as much." It's all bull.

I was one of the few who supported and increase my shopping at JC Penney's when they went to dropping sales and just offering good prices.

Unfortunately it seems most people want the hype, want to think they are getting a deal, and the other mental games that go with it.

Autogeek, Just give us good prices and skip the hype. Flat rate shipping. (And yes, I'm still mad that 1 hour after I placed my order you started you 25% off sale and ignored my emails)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vanev View Post
    We are spoiled here at Auto Geek.
    Shipping items by the gallon is expensive due to the weight.
    If your order contains several gallons, AutoGeek might actually take a loss on your order.
    In my view, AutoGeek has been more than fair and generous with their sales.
    For a professional detailer, these sales are incredibly helpful.
    This is why the current method of calculating shipping is flawed; it is based on the dollar value of the order, and not the weight of the shipment. I ordered some pads, small detaing brushes, and a few towels elsewhere because my shipping were the same as if I ordered 4+ gallons of product.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    Nick, just a suggestion from a guy whose been selling packaging systems for 25+ years.

USPS Flat Rate Shipping on smaller items, waxes, brushes pads etc. And they give you the boxes for free.

Also, I sold those Ranpak Paper Systems you're using for over ten years.

I ordered a PE8 from you guys a year and a half or so ago, it was over stuffed to the max with paper. I took the entire shipment to one of my manufacturers and did a weight study with a different type of void fill (not peanuts) and it was 60% lighter and had much less "stuff" in it. I had them UPS it to me and it arrived fine.

I'm available for packaging consultations
    No bitching, but a solution. custm's MO.

Post Thanks / Like

What frustrates me the most with Autogeek shipping is when I placed an order with a value of $775 on a Saturday and it took them till Thursday to ship it. I understand it's a large order, but 4 days processing??? Especially when you claimed on your shipping processing page 1 business day. That is also not a one time occurrence all orders placed with you guys have had similar processing times. No explanation, no reason, and no responding to my emails. Sorry Autogeek, but I don't see myself placing any more orders for my business with you guys anytime soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by manateemark View Post
    What frustrates me the most with Autogeek shipping is when I placed an order with a value of $775 on a Saturday and it took them till Thursday to ship it. I understand it's a large order, but 4 days processing??? Especially when you claimed on your shipping processing page 1 business day. That is also not a one time occurrence all orders placed with you guys have had similar processing times. No explanation, no reason, and no responding to my emails. Sorry Autogeek, but I don't see myself placing any more orders for my business with you guys anytime soon.
    You have to account for time for the payment to clear.
    Clearing business accounts as opposed to showing cleared in your account are two different things.

Orders are also processed in the order they are received.
    Unless your order is flagged for expedited shipping, then you might have hundreds of orders to be pulled, checked, scanned, boxed, labeled, and finally shipped before your order is printed.
    One business day most likely means one business day from the time your order is printed and submitted through the system and into the warehouse department computer and printer.

Many years in freight and warehousing.
    I know how this goes.

Post Thanks / Like

I understand that I have to wait for payment to clear, however with my debit card it clears just as fast as anything else, and it clears right away. I also understand that there might be hundreds of orders ahead, but if they are going to tell me on the shipping page that it'll be sent on x/y/z then it needs to be sent then and not a day later. I don't really care how this goes, it's simply not acceptable to have someone give them that much money and them not inform the customer. Thus why I won't purchase from them till they fix their problems.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12