autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Active Forum Members in the Stuart, Florida area or attending Detail Fest? - Competition Ready TV Episode!

Hey Mike,
    Count me in for this Friday and also available for March 18th and for Detail Fest.

Godfrey
    BOSS DETAILER

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Active Forum Members in the Stuart, Florida area or attending Detail Fest? - Competition Ready TV Episode!

Hey Mike I would love to join the team!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by propolishing View Post
    Hey Mike I would love to join the team!

I'll be finalizing the team probably on Monday next week.

Have to leave on Thursday for Orange Park to shoot the Amelia Island episode for Competition Ready TV on Friday so I'm only in the office today and tomorrow and we're shooting new TV commercials all day in the Show Car Garage so I'm just about to go offline for most of today.

Also, I'd strongly recommend letting me change your current forum nickname to your real name or your real name and first initial for your last name.

It's the right thing to do since you represent a manufacturer that is also a vendor on the AG store.

It's also the best thing to do for your own interest to brand YOU because you are a great guy and a great detailer.

Why spend all your time branding propolishing when you could brand yourself.

See my article on branding here,

Brand Yourself, Brand your Forum Nickname and Brand your Business Name

My long time friend Nick Chapman is a good example of someone that took the advice and now he has a fairly well recognized name, his forum name use to be some type of "airplane reference", it was n737nc and I kept telling him no one would ever be able to remember it, recognize it or say it.

I won't take credit for convincing either of the below friends of mine to brand their real names but I do remember having conversations with them about it.

Kevin Brown started out as iamwaxman on the forums and now goes by Kevin Brown

And I don't remember that Renny ever used a forum nickname on the forums I've seen him posting to but he also goes by his real name and he too has a stellar reputation in the detailing world.

One thing I've learned for sure though is good branding has value in a good way and bad branding has value in a bad way... always try to brand in a good way...

People always throw the below saying around without much thought...

Work smarter not harder

In my experience of posting to the Internet world for 22 years now, longer than most people I can name, I have never found a down side to using my real name instead of a forum nickname.

FWIW

Post Thanks / Like

I agree go ahead a get it done!

Post Thanks / Like

Good afternoon Mike
    As per our conversation yesterday afternoon and reading this last post about branding please change my name from Pattys Detailing to my real name Antonio Jimenez.
    Thanks!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Cool View Post

I agree go ahead a get it done!

Done.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Pattysdetailing View Post

Good afternoon Mike

As per our conversation yesterday afternoon and reading this last post about branding please change my name from Pattys Detailing to my real name Antonio Jimenez.

Thanks!

Done.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Mike
    I'm available.
    How do you change your user name on this forum?Would like to change to Paul Viens.
    Regards,
    Paul Viens

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by PowerExcelDtail View Post
    Hi Mike
    I'm available.
    How do you change your user name on this forum?Would like to change to Paul Viens.
    Regards,
    Paul Viens

Hi Paul,

I won't be able to get to finalizing the team list till at least next Monday.

We're shooting TV commercials and how-to videos most of tomorrow and then packing up the Competition Ready Van to go to Orange Park to prepare a car for the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance.

Driving up Thursday and then shooting TV all day Friday.

Driving back Friday night and then hosting Autogeek's Cars & Coffee on Saturday morning.

So as soon as I can get to it will be Monday but since you're an alumni student of my detailing class you're on the list.

As for changing your name... I'll make that change right now then it's time to call it a day and head home.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike, just checking back in letting you know my name is Kevin Linkhorst going by Link. I attended your class in 2012 after having double hernia surgery, and have pretty much done away with my rotary buffer after attending the class. Letting you know I will be leaving Pennsylvania early Wednesday morning and should be in Stuart by Thursday afternoon and will be available on Friday. Thanks Again! Kevin

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast