First viewing of Competition Ready

Last night I watched Competition Ready for the first time. This was the 40 Ford that was in serious need of the professionals shown. They delivered in SPADES! I do realize it is in its infancy but I was very disappointed. Lines/expressions are obviously staged, there is little mention or showing of proper procedure or equipment, and the problems of the car being worked on are not explained to the common Joe.

The show needs to go more in depth to explain the problems and the fixes in the time allotted. The entire show is a great showing for Autogeek, including the commercials, but there is no information for the viewer that wants to learn. This totally contradicts the Autogeek premise of teach everyone so they can learn and perform. This show should reach to those that know little to nothing yet it is set up in "expert" mode.

I am not complaining just expressing my opinion having seen only one show. I'd say it needs more Mike Phillips explaining what's going on, and why, as opposed to "Here's the finished product."
There's too much Velocity here and not enough Autogeek and Mike Phillips. Autogeek has built itself on products, instruction, and results. Thanks to Mr. Phillips this is now the place where any sodbuster can go to learn via reading, video, forum members, and his books. Make Velocity understand your philosophy and make the show reflect that. TEACH, don't just perform.

Respectfully,

RTexasF