autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Forum Updates for 2016 - What changes would you like to see?

Dunno. I just know it works! Haha!
    Mike Honcho

Post Thanks / Like

The ability to edit the first post in a thread for the original poster for an infinite period of time would be an awesome thing. This would be great for all those shop build threads, mobile rig build threads, vehicle overhaul threads, etc... If the original poster could go back in and put updated pictures into the first post in the thread, it would make those threads so much more enjoyable and user friendly instead of having to sift through 35 pages to see the progress or find the final results - especially when one is looking at a thread from the past.

Like others stated too, an easier method for uploading pictures, more organization regarding threads (if that's possible in forum this active), and more quality business building conversations (marketing, advertising, hiring, etc...) in the How to Make Money Detailing thread would be good things too!
    Dynamic Detailing
    Website | Instagram | Facebook

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by FinishingTouchA View Post

I would like to see regional sections as Autopia has, but much more active.
    I'd like to see the "how to make money" section grow, when I started my company that was my #1 resource but now I see a lack of organization (due to users).. everything seems to go into "Detailing 101" or "The Water Cooler."
    What you're talking about is called "housekeeping" and I do my best to move threads posted in the wrong forum group to the appropriate forum group but it's almost a full time job.

Your observation is duly noted.

It would be great, I think, if professional detailers could talk about the differences between AG products and different brands of production quality products (PRO, Car Brite, Auto Magic, etc). I also would like to see more discussion on marketing and business management.
    Again... duly noted.

Like everyone else, I would like a larger mailbox.

I find the picture uploading process to be buggy and complicated. Maybe it's because I use a DSLR but it never works for me, and lately the upload page wont even load. I've just resorted to cell phone pics and using tapatalk.

[/quote]

Great feedback.

I'm glad there isn't an AG Facebook group because I've seen the damage that has done to so many other forums.

The beauty of a forum is the organization and ability to search old topics and quality comments.

I love the quick responses you get on FB but it's not worth the trade off, especially with a great forum like AGO.
    That's interesting feedback. There's a HUGE difference in the quality and formatting of information posted to a real forum like AGO and to Facebook.

I much prefer reading how-to articles and how-to information on a forum than on Facebook due to the tiny boxes which is the Facebook interface and the fact there's no way for anyone to format text on Facebook. Like this,

Step 2: Using detailing clay to clay your car's paint

Thank you for that feedback.

Overall my biggest gripes are the picture uploading process and lack of user organization (I know it takes a lot of time but maybe we could get the mods to move posts around to the correct categories, I see a lot of posts in random categories that should be in a Brand category or How to Make Money Detailing, etc)

Here's to making 2016 the best year yet!

Mike Phillips

Here's a synopsis of the feedback so far...

Improvements to the forum and forum software
    1. Like posts
    2. Give Thanks for a post
    3. Follow other forum members
    4. Expand the Edit window on users own post Beyond 30mins
    5. Increase the size of the users mailbox
    6. Easier way to post pictures.
    7. Dedicated "Poll" forum group with the ability for forum members to start a poll.
    8. A regional section like Autopia.
    9. More emphasis on "how to make money".
    10. Better housekeeping - moving threads to the right place.
    11. More open forum to discuss all products, not just products on the AG store
    12. Display more posts per page instead of the current 10 posts per page.
    13. Improved method to "Find a detailer near me".
    14. Full disclosure of anyone connected to a product.
    15. Don't enable the "dislike button. Not fair and balanced in a forum environment.

Improvements to the AGO App aka Tapatalk

1. Autofill for username and password login

2. Ability to click on forum member's profile pictures

3. Fix the page refresh. For example: When a thread has numerous pages and you click to page 4/4 it'll take you to page 4, however you have to manually pull down the page and refresh once more to actually see the most recent post in the thread. It's pretty annoying to have to do that Every single time.. Especially when it shows you a "preview of the latest post" on the main page.

4. The ability to click on a thread from the "viewing who's online" screen.
    For example: On my screen it lists everyone who's logged in and what thread they're currently viewing/posting in, which is cool. But it'd be even cooler if I could have an option to view that same thread.

Thank you to everyone that took the time to share their feedback.

This thread is still open for more feedback and suggestions. Here's your chance to tell us what you think.

Post Thanks / Like

i think a LIKE button would be good. that way you wouldn't have to do a full reply to the post just to show you agree with what was said.
    2011 Compass Latitude Bright Silver/ 2017 Nissan Rogue SV AWD Premium Glacier White
    REFLECTIVE IMAGE DETAILING

Post Thanks / Like

I think someone mentioned regional section. I'd take it a step further and call it a "networking section" by region. I had an idea that regional AGO members could form a network, for referrals, workshops, gatherings etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by paul_g View Post
    I think someone mentioned regional section. I'd take it a step further and call it a "networking section" by region. I had an idea that regional AGO members could form a network, for referrals, workshops, gatherings etc.
    It would be great if we could get this to work...but if you break it up into a forum by state, it gets too splintered, and if you do it by region...the region seems to always be too big. Maybe each regional forum could have state sub-forums...of course for some states they are so large that they need to be broken down into smaller regions...like CA, I'm sure the people in the Bay area are glad to know about fellow members in San Diego, but unlikely to meet them due to the distances involved. I guess I'm just not too hopeful about this being a useful feature because I've never seen it work well before.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WAXOFF View Post
    i think a LIKE button would be good. that way you wouldn't have to do a full reply to the post just to show you agree with what was said.
    +1

Post Thanks / Like

Itrader feedback system.

Post Thanks / Like

Kill or archive threads after a certain amount of time. I swear I've seen at least one thread about a guy wanting to trade his car on here for over a year now.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast