autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: CarPro Essence!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CarPro Essence!

Quote Originally Posted by Vue to a kill View Post
    Just remember that it will have a shelf life. Even though it's cheaper per ounce for a bigger bottle you don't want to waste it. Although you may use it much faster than I with your business lol.

I got the 5 oz because that's all I really need for now. If I use it up in a few months I'll get an 8 oz. I used to buy larger sizes of stuff but I found myself not using it all before it expired (ie compounds) and sadly wasting $$

I really love the way that CarPro offers all sorts of sizes to fit everyone. That's so cool.
    Great point!
    Anson Craig the Mobile Detail Expert
    www.mdxdetailing.com
    Like MDX-www.facebook.com/mdxdetail

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vue to a kill View Post
    Just remember that it will have a shelf life. Even though it's cheaper per ounce for a bigger bottle you don't want to waste it. Although you may use it much faster than I with your business lol.

I got the 5 oz because that's all I really need for now. If I use it up in a few months I'll get an 8 oz. I used to buy larger sizes of stuff but I found myself not using it all before it expired (ie compounds) and sadly wasting $$

I really love the way that CarPro offers all sorts of sizes to fit everyone. That's so cool.
    These are good points and observations I feel..

Not sure how long the 5oz SEMA sized bottle will be around, but such a size might possibly be the ideal size for one person wishing to re-coat their "one" vehicle, to use Essence as a pre-coating primer and then follow again with CQuartz.

Post Thanks / Like

I want to try this stuff, but I don't want to bother with topping it with reload or cquartz to get the ultimate results. I think I would be better off just starting with those in the first place.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hogie View Post
    I want to try this stuff, but I don't want to bother with topping it with reload or cquartz to get the ultimate results. I think I would be better off just starting with those in the first place.
    It is designed as a primer polish that fuses with CarPro's other SiO2 coatings and sealants like CQuartz and Reload. So, you will get a thicker layer of protection if you use Essence and then top it with one of their other products.
    Nicholas Scafidi - CQuartz Finest Authorized Installer
    www.autowerxdetailing.com Auto Detailing in Sherwood, OR
    Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, that if you're wishing to apply a coating for the first time, one of the CQuartz products would likely be a more durable option initially

Many who will apply CQuartz, or CQuartz UK still opt for the Reload application to protect these coatings while they are in their full curing stage.

That's what I did, was as simple as coming behind with a spray detailer.

Post Thanks / Like

Everything I have read suggests that it is a finicky quick detailer. I have been interested in trying it, but prefer simple to use products.

Post Thanks / Like

Everything I have read suggests that it is a finicky quick detailer. I have been interested in trying it, but prefer simple to use products.
    I decided to just now test my new Reload that I received last week from AG. I bought a .5L of it. It appears to be dated 05-17-15.

Earlier, I had just applied a coat of Collinite 915 on my 2001 Kia Spectra, which is a dark magenta pearl metallic, and had issues on this very car with the older problematic Reload 2014 V1.

I did return an entire Liter of that product, Nick at AG assisted me with the return, and full refund. So, I am quite familiar with how the older Reload was behaving, with the oily holograms issue.

I grabbed a cheapo clean MF Towel, installed the spray nozzle on the Reload, shook well for a couple minutes, then went outside to apply.

And I deliberately used it in the most unorthodox way, over Collinite, was sprayed full strength directly onto the roof, and it wiped off easy and wiped clean right now with just the one towel.

Then, OK, let's try this" The Hood was peeking out into the direct sun, it's a nice warm day today, and again, I sprayed the Reload full strength onto the hood, flipped the towel, and it wiped right in, and wiped right off. When I was done wiping, which was very quick, a minute at most on the entire hood, I gave it the "finger swipe test". Nothing. No oily smearing at all.

Then even tried the side windows, which again were in direct sun, and figured that would be a good acid test of its clarity, and transparency, and to detect any oily residues being left behind. Again, zero, nothing, the glass looked like I just wiped it with a good glass cleaner.

So, from my findings, it does look to me that Carpro got this latest version of Reload fixed, and working like a charm again.

I am happy about this, because I usually don't use Reload on my Kia, I save many of these Carpro products for use on my beloved Tahoe, the one in my Avatar which is currently wearing CQ UK, and the older 2013 Reload which I have hardly any left.

Glad this new version has passed my muster.

I think it's fairly safe to say, if it works fine with what and how I just used it, I think all other users will have no difficulties with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Past versions, yes, but the newest version super easy. So long as you buy from Corey (CarPro USA) or Autogeek, I wouldn't be too concerned about getting one of the past versions. You can always check the sticker on the bottom for the manufactured and expiration date.

Post Thanks / Like

Will it fill pits??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CarPro Essence!-kimg0261-jpg   CarPro Essence!-kimg0262-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone know when AG will carry this?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast