autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ekennett View Post
    Standby for my review of Black Label coating. I used it on my car this past weekend and I'm going to compare it to my wife's car which got the DP coating around the end of July. I need a few days to finalize what pics I'm going to use, but I think it might help answer this question.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Awesome! Myself, and I'm sure many others look forward to your comparison!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Introducing!! Pinnacle black label!!!

I'm interested in trying these products on my car, but will stick to the DP Coatings for the rare customer I get, and all my friends and family. That DP stuff rocks for the price.

IMO those saying the DP paint coating maybe "yesterday's news", are off a little. Those products are cheap and they rock! And so far they've impressed me with each use. Don't sell it short! The DP line is geared towards pros and consumers like me who want quality at a good price, this Pinnacle stuff is itching for that high level of car care and those with rides I couldn't imagine being lucky to own.

Congrats AG looks awesome, guys who got early treats on Halloween post those reviews.
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like

So this coating says it is resistant to scratches/etc. Would this be a good choice for a Jeep that is driven off-road to protect against light brush? Obviously I don't expect it to work if I drag a tree branch along the paint or something. How would this compare to opti-coat or cquartz as far as scratch resistance? Right now I just actively avoid brush when at all possible, but it would be nice to not have to be quite as careful. I've thought about using the other products many times but always been nervous about putting a permanent coating on. This seems extremely easy to work with though.

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flyinion View Post
    So this coating says it is resistant to scratches/etc. Would this be a good choice for a Jeep that is driven off-road to protect against light brush? Obviously I don't expect it to work if I drag a tree branch along the paint or something. How would this compare to opti-coat or cquartz as far as scratch resistance? Right now I just actively avoid brush when at all possible, but it would be nice to not have to be quite as careful. I've thought about using the other products many times but always been nervous about putting a permanent coating on. This seems extremely easy to work with though.
    It says the coating is more resistant to scratches and marring, compared to your clear coat. Big difference.

I would still actively avoid scratching the vehicle, regardless of the wax, sealant, or coating that you choose.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flyinion View Post
    I think you may have gotten that term a bit mixed up. What they mean by the scratch resistance is that things like marring or very light swirling might sometimes have less of a chance to occur on the coating vs the bare paint. No coating out there will protect your car from light brush. Its only meant to make super soft paints on cars a little better to work with on an up keeping stand point.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, makes sense. I'd originally been considering opti-coat since it sounded like it was a good size layer added to the paint. The thought process being if I had to buff something out, more chance that I'm buffing off opti-coat instead of precious layers of clearcoat. I guess I was just wondering if this could be used in a similar fashion or if the layer is not thick enough for something like that. It sounds like it would not be the same kind of thing. It sounds really promising for my wife's black Altima though since Nissan seems to have soft paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, more new products to try. So much for this week's paycheck...

Post Thanks / Like

One question. Why should i get the Pinnacle Black Label Cleansing Polish vs the DP coating prep polish? I just wanna know what the difference is, since the price point/product amound is quite different. If i was to get this tho id be using it on different coatings.

Post Thanks / Like

Any opinions on whether this coating will reduce road rash on soft paints?
    2016 Accord EXL V6 w/Navi & Sensing - Black/Ivory
    2019 Acura RDX A-Spec - Black/Red; 2019 Acura TLX Base 2.4L - MSM/Black
    2008 CRV EX - Black/Black 2003 Accord EX V6 - Black/Tan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wdmaccord View Post
    Any opinions on whether this coating will reduce road rash on soft paints?
    Ur kidding right? Look at the posts on this page...

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast