autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Win a trip to Autogeek and Show Car Garage!

To the staff at AutoGeek whom treat us like family...

This is a once in a lifetime offer and experience for many. It's great to see Auto Geek giving out offers like these to there forum community, especially during economic times this year which unfortunately has limited many in the detailing world.

My name is Brandon, I am 19 years old and a student in college. I am a bit of an perfectionist in life; which is possibly why i obsess about a cars natural beauty. I don't detail cars professionally, but i try do as professional job as i can on my vehicle and my parents/relatives vehicles. On occasion i do a friends . I have had a deep passion for detailing over the past 1.5 years, especially since i got my new Volvo C30. You should select me because not many people as young as myself have such an obsession and deep passion for the beauty and engineering that is put into a cars paintwork and dynamic body (Many people in my generation do not respect cars and the elements of a cars paintwork or car in general) in simple terms, i would love to share and spread the experience i learn about cars to others among my generation.

Best,
    Brandon

most crowded state in the world NEW JERSEY
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Meghan,

My name is John and I'm a part time detailer looking to become a full time. Would really love to meet all the wonderful people associated with AG and also would love to learn from the very best in the industry.I'm working right now as a machinist and would love to be able to start my own business as a detailer. Always wanted to get down there to a seminar but find it difficult to be able to afford it. You can learn only so much from videos and reading , so hands on would be so much better.Always looking for seminars close by but can never seem to find one. So if you could do this for me that would be a great opportunity for me to further myself to a detailing business. Thanks Guys & girls Hope to meet you all some day!!

Post Thanks / Like

To all that submit their replies, good luck and whoever is the lucky winner, you'll have a blast! I am fortunate enough to live only one hour away from AG and having been there several times this year I can say the staff and Mike are great people. Spending several hours with them is enjoyable and meeting fellow forum members is a treat. I've enjoyed these past few months and for Max and company doing this means a lot to me, even though I would not benefit from it. I look forward to being a loyal customer for years to come.
    So good luck again to the lucky member and get ready to have FUN !!!

Thanks AG for rewarding us members with constant. BOGOS, special deals, and great events/classes..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rohnramirez View Post
    Hi guys. This is an excellent opportunity to be able to meet and learn from the detailing masters, Max AND Mike Phillips himself, not to mention attending his detailing classes. This could be a once in a lifetime chance!!! I would love to be part of this, but requesting for entry into the united states coming from a 3rd world country is an entirely different ball game. Although i have been there, it will still take approximately 1-2 months to process a tourist visa application including setting up an appointment at the US embassy. Let alone the recent tragedy that has occurred in our country that has blemished our image throughout the international community. And the cost of travel will be too high for AG to consider

I just wanted to share my thoughts. Ever since i joined AGO, i have seen and observed how they return to the community and their customers. Customer service with a personal touch is definitely world-class and is something i have never seen practiced by other companies! Thanks Autogeek and more power!

Good luck guys! i guess pictures from the winner's experience would be more than enough for me!
    Quote Originally Posted by 07 z-oh-6 View Post
    If he could make it, I'd give it to Rohn! But who am I?!
    I think Rohn would be an excellent candidate and very deserving!
    Signature Car Care... Authorized CQuartz Finest Installer
    http://www.signaturecarcare.com/
    "May the shine be with you" Uncle Stu

Post Thanks / Like

Meghan,

My name is Mike and I am 24 years old. I have been detailing for 6 years now and been doing it full time as employment for a year and a half. I tried to make the classes down there back in Feburary as I was in the area helping my brother move back to GA. Timing did not work and I was unable to attend. It would be a great oppurtunity to sit in on those classes and see if I can not learn something new. I know I am not the most deserving, but it never hurts to enter.

I would love to finally meet some real names in the detailing community and see what its like in the Autogeek Superstore.

-Mike

Mike - Mirror Detailing - Powder Springs, GA
    R.I.P. Matt Eddy(SouthrnStyle) 11/26/2010

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck to the entrants. I was lucky enough to take a class with Mike when he was over here in So. California and it's well worth it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 07 z-oh-6 View Post
    If he could make it, I'd give it to Rohn! But who am I?!
    Quote Originally Posted by DARK HORSE View Post
    I think Rohn would be an excellent candidate and very deserving!

I don't wish to take the thread off topic, i'm sorry, i just want to thank you both for the kindest thought!

Stop whining and crying like a baby! Life sucks...deal with it!

Post Thanks / Like

AutoGeek never ceases to amaze me. This gift they are offering just shows me the level of high class personal touch customer service they provide, something I just don’t see very often in the world today.

Hi I’m Dave, I live in Richmond Hill, Georgia with my stepson Freddie, we lost his mother two years ago to cancer and her request to me was to take care of him and not let him go live with his father (long story). I have been doing everything I can to make the best for him. We do a lot of things and have a lot of fun together. We like to go whitewater rafting, kayaking, ride 4 wheelers and do a lot of activities with the Boy Scouts.
    I have worked in the automobile industry most of my life. I was the Shop Foreman for an independent repair facility for about ten years until I got tired of being hot, cold and dirty all the time so I moved into the parts department at a couple of dealerships until I got lucky one day and found the job I have now. I work as an Instructor for a Government contractor teaching vehicle maintenance to Soldiers in the Army. I love my job and since I was never in the military I feel I am able to give something to the soldiers for everything they are giving for me. I have to travel all over the country and am away from home quite a bit. When I am gone my father stays at my house and takes care of Freddie. When I am home I try to make the most of my time with them, but my time is limited with always getting caught up on all the work to be done around the house, so there is a lot of balancing to be done there.
    I have always been very detail orientated in everything I do, I think I’m kind of OCD thanks to my fathers genes, but I’m glad that I am. I see people do sloppy work all the time and it really annoys me. One thing I was never OCD about though were the cars I drove. I did always keep them up on the mechanical side but as far as cleanliness it never really mattered to me. This past January Freddie got his drivers license and I gave him the Hyundai Sonata I had been driving for about five years. This gave me the opportunity to get the car I’ve been wanting for ten years now, a Honda S2000. I got a really good deal on it because the paint is not in very good shape. I thought I was going to have to get it repainted until I started researching paint restoration on the internet. I was reading a few different forums when I ran across AutoGeek and I saw something different in it. There is so much information available and all the training videos and articles by Mike Phillips really overwhelmed me at first, but once I started learning I could put it into perspective. I am addicted now and I think about what I can do to my car to make it look the way I want it to all the time and I think about other cars I see and what I could do to them. I never thought I would ever care about making a car look nice and keeping it clean, but now it’s on my mind all the time. I must talk about it a lot because Freddie has cleaned his car more than I ever had and my father has done a restoration on his headlights and shampooed his interior, I don’t think he has ever done that before.
    Anytime I have started something new I have always researched and tried to gain as much knowledge as I could about it so I could do the best job that I could and that has continued into my interest in detailing cars. I want to learn everything I can so I will be better and be able to pass my knowledge on to others. The thought has crossed my mind several times to even turning this into a business. Being that I work on Government contracts I could be out of a job at any time and that scares me because I don’t know where I could find a job that I love as much as this one and more so how will I be able to take care of Freddie. So with the enthusiasm I feel about cars and detailing this could be an option for me, and him, or at least supplement my income until I find something permanent that I do love to do but I still have a lot to learn before that could take place. I would love to attend a class at the AutoGeek Show Car Garage to gain more knowledge to help me maybe turn this thought in my head into a reality or at least be able to properly take care of my car and teach my son how to take care of all the cars he will have in the future.
    I would really like to see Tom (trhland) win this but I know this is not a good time for him right now. It would really do him a lot of good relieving all the stress he is going through right now.

Post Thanks / Like

What it do Autogeek!

I would love to be the winner of this awesome contest. I've been into detailing for about 2 years now. All my friends admire how great my car looks and I thank Autogeek for that! But the reason why you guys should pick me is because, I have not had any real training. And I feel there's something missing. It's like I think I know what I'm doing, but how am I for certain since I haven't had any training. Plus, I'd get to brag to all my friends about it to make them jealous. That is all! Thanks.

PS. - My name is Michael and I'm 24 years old.
    08 Honda Accord Coupe V6 Polished Metal Metallic
    06 Acura TSX Alabaster Silver Metallic

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Meghan and AG judges,

My name is Bart and live in Houston, TX with my beautiful wife and our son who just turned 1 year old yesterday. I'm 26 and work as an electrical engineer in the oil & gas industry which has taken an even bigger hit since the BP disaster, particularly because the majority of my projects were for offshore. Luckily, I managed to keep my job through all this and thank God I have since I'm the sole bread winner for the family. Early on my wife and I decided it'll be better for us to have less income and raise our children ourselves and not rely on nannies and daycares so my wife left her very good job just prior to the birth of our son. This said, money is tight and we stick to our budget that doesn't include much, if any, extra money to fuel my detailing addiction.

I've looked for training classes in the Houston area numerous times but it seems they're all either on the west coast or the east coast so the opportunity to come out to AG, meet with y'all, and take part in two classes is simply amazing. Even my wife surprised me when I asked if we had anything planned for the Sept. 17-19 weekend because when I explained to her what the opportunity is she said, and I quote, "Awesome! Go for it! Can I come too?"

I really enjoy detailing my vehicles because of the satisfaction I get when I see the transformation from dirty to meticulous. It's a stress reliever, it's a time to unwind, it's time for myself. I'd much rather be in my garage sweating and detailing my truck than be at a happy hour after work. The way I see it, if I'm going to be away from my family I want to at least have some benefit from it. For example, detailing my wife's car is rewarding in three ways, 1) the satisfaction of having a car that's cleaner and better maintained than any on our block (or neighborhood probably), 2) the smile on her face when she sees what she gets to drive around in, and 3) I had a few hours of alone time to unwind from everything.

Although at this time I only work on two difference vehicles, I do plan on working on other family members' and friends' cars soon. Eventually, I would like to start a part-time detailing gig, Pristine Image, where I do one or two vehicles per weekend. Maybe one day that'll grow into a full time deal but I have no intention of rushing it. After all, detailing is a relaxing activity for me and I want it to stay that way.

Once again, this is a wonderful opportunity so thank you AG! Because of that I know there will be a lot of deserving people that will enter into this contest, may the most deserving/luckiest one win!!

PS - This is completely off topic but sending Tom and his wife balloons and flowers was extremely nice of y'all. And that's what sets AG apart from the others.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast