autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Big announcement today!

I had wondered what was going on with the Sonax brand. It has been mentioned more in the last three months more than in the last several years. No problem, I like Sonax products!

Post Thanks / Like

I will echo what everyone else has said about not noticing anything different, I just hope the usual good service and sales stay consistent.
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaddie View Post
    Change is a little scary.

PBMG brands and forums are a big deal for me. I hope nothing changes, except, of course, huge pay increases for veteran staff.
    The only constant in the business world is "change".

For instance, the company I work for was purchased last year by The Home Depot. For me and my family this has been a great change.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    there could be changes on the wolfgang and pinnacle lines though? the guy is taking over because he wants to make profit. how long before he wants to find a way to make the pinnacle and wolfgang products cheaper to produce? i hope it doesnt happen but id bet money there will definitely be some changes...
    Investors don't buy companies because they aren't making money, I'll "bet" you on that. He's an investor and an entrepenuer and he purchased a great company. Do you know who just bought the company, Tony George, the son of Mary Hulman (IMS) George. I'm sure Mr. George called you up for your advice before making the decsion to purchase PBMG

Meghan and PMMG don't need me to defend them. I just don't understand why you would come on here and make comments like " I bet, or their will definitely be" when you've had nothing to do with the building or running of this great company that Bob and all his dedicated employees built. You really have no idea what you are talking about.

So that being said have a nice night.
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Baldone View Post
    Didn't Tony George almost single handedly destroy open wheel racing?
    He sure did. After he was removed from the CART Board of Directors he started the Indy Racing League in the mid 90's. To this day, open wheel racing (Indy Cars) has never fully recovered.

With that being said, I really hope that nothing changes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas1 View Post
    He sure did. After he was removed from the CART Board of Directors he started the Indy Racing League in the mid 90's. To this day, open wheel racing (Indy Cars) has never fully recovered.

With that being said, I really hope that nothing changes.
    The same could be said about Brian France Jr.
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

It takes a team aka family to become a successful company, lucky for us the family is not changing. It is not work when you love your job and who you work with, I consider myself and all of us very lucky to be a part of the family.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, congrats!

Please send Bob my best wishes. No, he doesn't know me from Adam, but the company he stewarded, the cast he assembled, and the level of class it operated with - really means a lot to me personally. Bob is an absolute inspiration both as an enteprenuer, and a man.

Going as far back to my lurker days in 08/09 I loved the manner in which the forum was ran - as I still do. When I started purchasing here, the service and selection was unbeatable - as it still is.. I was just discussing with my better half about "the good old days", and how AGO factored into that since 08, so please understand that my hope is for all these great things to continue!

Best of luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    I had wondered what was going on with the Sonax brand. It has been mentioned more in the last three months more than in the last several years. No problem, I like Sonax products!
    Not only that, but SONAX was the product of choice and/or the focus of advertising on more of the Competition Ready episodes than even the in-house PBMG brands. At the time I thought it was simply a sponsorship deal...now we know better!
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Not only that, but SONAX was the product of choice and/or the focus of advertising on more of the Competition Ready episodes than even the in-house PBMG brands. At the time I thought it was simply a sponsorship deal...now we know better!
    The two have nothing to do with each other, with TV things are sponsored and all episodes are shot anywhere from a 8-14 months before they air. There is a lot with TV that goes on behind the scenes, I know from the outside the episodes look like they were just shot but that is far from the case. Actually shoot one last month that you will not even see till probably May of 2017. Our sponsors from the first season were in place a year before this sale was even thought about.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast