autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
    In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Name That Tool & Win! New FLEX XFE Needs a Name!

I'd like to make a suggestion. If its not too much to ask could the top few finalists all get a machine and the actual winner some extra stuff thrown in like pads etc?

This could be a joint collaboration by AG and Flex and to my mind the marketing/exposure/goodwill around this would far outweigh the costs the 2 companies would have had to bare.

I dunno, I just feel more at ease knowing theres more than just one winner, where you guys just made an extra person/s day/month/week/year/life better. Just for a good spirits...

All multi million $ companies have a marketing/charitable budget, dipping alittle into each as a gesture is a fine way to start of 2016 and the launch of a new product. This could be followed up by a decent discount on the said polisher for a limited amount of time for those that didn't win or those that are wanting to purchase it, could be a launch sale as such.

I have a feeling more good will come out of it for all involved.

Post Thanks / Like

Name That Tool & Win! New FLEX XFE Needs a Name!

Quote Originally Posted by Zubair View Post
    I'd like to make a suggestion. If its not too much to ask could the top few finalists all get a machine and the actual winner some extra stuff thrown in like pads etc?

This could be a joint collaboration by AG and Flex and to my mind the marketing/exposure/goodwill around this would far outweigh the costs the 2 companies would have had to bare.

I dunno, I just feel more at ease knowing theres more than just one winner, where you guys just made an extra person/s day/month/week/year/life better. Just for a good spirits...

All multi million $ companies have a marketing/charitable budget, dipping alittle into each as a gesture is a fine way to start of 2016 and the launch of a new product. This could be followed up by a decent discount on the said polisher for a limited amount of time for those that didn't win or those that are wanting to purchase it, could be a launch sale as such.

I agree.

And an all expense paid trip to Germany for a naming ceremony would be nice as well. I haven't had Nurnberg sausages in a while.

Post Thanks / Like

Am I reading this right? You're proposing that in addition to the contest(that they didn't need to have) - all the finalists get a free Flex, the winner gets more than just a free polisher, and then they also discount the polisher as soon as it comes out? Maybe we should get an all expenses paid trip to Europe too?

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Am I reading this right? You're proposing that in addition to the contest(that they didn't need to have) - all the finalists get a free Flex, the winner gets more than just a free polisher, and then they also discount the polisher as soon as it comes out? Maybe we should get an all expenses paid trip to Europe too?

Read my first sentence, the word "suggestion" is the key word. Also say what if you were a finalist and not the winner and my suggestion was implemented would you still think it a bad idea?

Post Thanks / Like

Read my first sentence, the word "suggestion" is the key word. Also say what if you were a finalist and not the winner and my suggestion was implemented would you still think it a bad idea?
    Nevermind. I remember you from the G21 vs. the Rupes debates. I don't really want to get drawn into a discussion with you.

But to answer your question:

1) I never said it was necessarily a bad idea. I was having trouble wrapping my head around the fact you were asking for multiple free Flex tools for people.

2)Yes, I would still be against it. The reason the prize is so large is because it's for one person and it signifies something larger than just "I was a random winner."

Think about what you're asking.

"Hey Autogeek, you know that awesome contest you did? It would even better if you just gave away thousands of dollars more."

lol. It just looks greedy IMO. Good luck in the contest! Didn't read all the entries but if you entered best of luck.

Post Thanks / Like

It would be nice for more than just 1 person to win but hell I am happy to just be given the chance.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Nevermind. I remember you from the G21 vs. the Rupes debates. I don't really want to get drawn into a discussion with you.

But to answer your question:

1) I never said it was necessarily a bad idea. I was having trouble wrapping my head around the fact you were asking for multiple free Flex tools for people.

2)Yes, I would still be against it. The reason the prize is so large is because it's for one person and it signifies something larger than just "I was a random winner."

Think about what you're asking.

"Hey Autogeek, you know that awesome contest you did? It would even better if you just gave away thousands of dollars more."

lol. It just looks greedy IMO. Good luck in the contest! Didn't read all the entries but if you entered best of luck.
    1)Are you the spokesman for AG or Flex?

If not the suggestion was to those I intended it for.

2)The winner gets the satisfaction of not only knowing he won an awesome polisher but also knowing others too got to share in the experience.

3)Theres the little thing of naming the polisher... Only the winner gets that title and knowing for quite some time or forever he was the person responsible for naming it, every single time someone on a forum mentions it, he can sit back and smile knowing...

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    I agree.

And an all expense paid trip to Germany for a naming ceremony would be nice as well. I haven't had Nurnberg sausages in a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenK View Post
    It would be nice for more than just 1 person to win but hell I am happy to just be given the chance.

Good men

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Final decision being made by Flex personnel in Germany.

We're on their time schedule for the decision, not Autogeek's.

Wow that's so exciting, It's very cool that one of "us" geeks got to name the tool so awesome

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

By the way could you ask them to send Dan Tran a German dictonary, hehe. I think his on his way to mentioning every single German word that rhimes with Flex. Cheers DanTran

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast