autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Giveaway! Enter to WIN a 32 inch TV!

Eh, why not. I'll play.

Blackfire Wet Diamond paint sealant - so easy to use, super slick, amazing beading, and good durability. Looks awesome too!

Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax - makes my metallic flake pop, easy to use (even in the sun), no streaking, very slick

Blackfire Midnight Sun Instant Detailer - smells amazing, easy to use, and looks great!
    Shane
    2021 Honda Civic Hatchback EX Lunar Silver

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

My order was...

Post Thanks / Like

CarPro Reset Intensive Car Shampoo
    My Favorite car wash. Cleans well, rinses easily.

Meguiars Rinse Free Express Wash, rinseless car wash, no rinse
    This is my favorite rinseless wash. It cleans mighty strong and feels slick while doing so, but doesn't leave anything behind which makes it nice for coatings.

Nanoskin AutoScrub Fine Grade Wash Mitt
    NanoSkin Autoscrub mitt (Or any Nanoskin) Makes the process of decontaminating paint so much more hassle free than traditional clay bar. And no more fear of dropping it.

Post Thanks / Like

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Only THREE......

What about 23?

I'm doomed!!!!!!!

(All blue text is linked to the Autogeek store.)

Meguiar's D114 Rinse Free Express Wash
    I like... no make that LOVE Meguiar's D114.
    Being an early adopter of ONR, then ONRWW, it was quite a surprise to me that D114 would fill in and become a staple, and my 'go to' for quick cleanup, spot cleaning, and yes even full blown rinseless washes.

D114 doesn't scratch, provides excellent lubricity, doesn't streak, even when used in less than total shade conditions.

I prefer rinseless washes without any added 'wax', instead being able to use whatever LSP I'm in the mood for, given the day, vehicle, or maybe just my frame of mind. D114 makes that possible.

Leaving nothing behind.... D114 (with up to 30% alcohol) makes an EXCELLENT panel wipe as well!

It is mandatory that all our vehicles carry spray bottles just for those pesky bird bombs and other 'buggy' problems that pop up while away from home.

Meguiar's D300 Microfiber Correction Compound
    When D300 first found it's way into my collection it was part of the complete:
    Meguiars DMCKIT5 DA Microfiber Correction System - 5 Inch Starter Kit
    That first time, the aroma was surprising to say the least. It wasn't your typical 'industrial' smell that you get with so many compounds and polishes. Neither was it an overpowering floral or tropical smell that is so common these days. Instead it comes across as a perfect cinnamon crunch candy. Not too much, but just enough to let you know it's there.
    Using D300 with the Meguiars DA Microfiber Xtra Cut Discs (as the Meguiar's engineers have designed) gives you complete control when correcting an amazing array of paint conditions. Medium and hard paints really start to shine (pun intended) even with a microfiber pad and with just a few passes you'll see dramatic results. Of course it should work with the pads it was designed for, right? Correcting RIDS and swirls in soft paints is far easier than it should be, (although microfiber pads can indeed be out of their element at that point). THIS however is where you really start to see how flexible of a compound D300 really is! Take it out of it's element, use a variety of pads and you'll still get that correction that you got with even the hardest paint systems. Removal is easy.... almost as easy as a polish, and easier than other heavy cut SMAT based compounds hands down. This is why D300 has become my 'go to' these last couple of years.
    (Doesn't hurt that it has that cinnamon scent either!)

Duragloss 951/952 Aquawax
    Last and CERTAINLY NOT LEAST would have to be the perennial favorite of the masses from Duragloss! Notice I listed it as both 951 and 952 because when you search for it, or hear people talk about it they'll refer to it as "951". But when you start using it.... trust me..... you WILL buy it by the gallon, and the gallon is referred to by our friends at Duragloss as "952".

Aquawax is simply the most affordable, best performing, slickest, glossiest, and maybe even the best smelling spray 'wax' in it's price range (if not TWICE it's price, or more) of anything out there! Of course using the term 'wax' is more of a misnomer than anything because Aquawax is indeed a spray sealant. It will deepen shine and depth with the very first use.

Durability you ask.... HA! Aquawax will easily be there for over a month, so you don't have to worry if you get behind on your weekly, bi-weekly, even once a month washings. Durability is so good that with regular maintenance washing DG951 can actually build up (as confirmed by Duragloss) to provide even better, longer lasting protection.

Speaking of washing, this is where (and what) makes Duragloss Aquawax such a versatile product. Do you have hard water, or just normal water (and don't want to be bothered with a filter to cut down on dissolved solids) and you always feel that you need to hurry to avoid water spots? Duragloss Aquawax to the rescue! Once you've done your final rinse, grab your blower and hit the big areas, no need to go after each and every little droplet, then (even if half the water you started with is still on the surface) do a quick once over with DG951, followed with a soft - clean - microfiber gently spreading 951 around the surface. Follow that with a dry microfiber and you'll have a clean, spotless, glossy & slick surface.

Want to use your blower to dry almost ALL the water off first? No problem! Even when you completely dry your vehicle, going after all the nooks and crannies, opening all the doors, trunk, hood, hitting all the jambs, no need to worry about streaking. Just take a damp microfiber and when starting to 'dry' (even though it's mostly dry at this point) liberally spray DG951 on one panel at a time, wipe, evenly spread.... then take a dry microfiber and do the final wipe. Even if you had hidden soap 'drips' or 'runs' DG951 will clean them and still provide an affordable, outstanding shine.

This is yet another spray bottle that has found it's way into all our vehicles. Clean up the 'bird bombs' with D114 then a quick spritz with DG 951 and you're good to go.

That was 3 (but we really need a 3.5 version here)

This one REALLY should be added (and used) both with and without Aquawax.

Duragloss 921 (923) Fast Clean & Shine Detail Spray
    Duragloss Fast Clean & Shine Detail Spray is the absolute newest addition to our MUST HAVE PRODUCTS! I know a lot of you all have seen/read/heard (if you've talked to me) me talk about my conversation with Dr. Bill @ Duragloss about this amazing product. I had not seen it before, had not tried it, had not even thought I needed it.

How can I put it?
    Let's try it this way.... OMG

If you use a QD spray, if you want a QD spray, if you NEED a QD spray.
    Run don't walk and GET A GALLON OF THIS!!!!!!!!!
    In the gallon it's 923, slipping away from the typical nomenclature from Duragloss where the gallon is one number up from the small spray bottle. Don't let that fool you though as it's exactly what it claims to be.

What the Geniuses at Duragloss did (well it's actually Genii in proper English) is come up with a QD spray that not only cleans, but actually BOOSTS the wax/sealant properties of what is installed underneath it. (Think of other well known products that are said to 'boost' a 'ceramic coating' beneath them.)

Fast Clean & Shine bonds with ALL Duragloss polishes to provide even more protection!

After telling Dr. Bill @ Duragloss what a fan I was of 951 it was recommended to me that I try 921. Then, based on testing that has been, (and continues to be done) at Duragloss a mixture of 75:25 921 to 951 was recommended. This was said to provide all the ease of cleaning, shining and QD properties of 921 with the added extended protection and overall slickness of Aquawax 951.
    All I can say is wow, wow and WOW!

IMHO Duragloss (and perhaps Autogeek... wink wink, nod nod) should offer these two wonderful products in a shrink wrap, double pack, super shine package.
    Perhaps in both spray bottles and gallon sizes!
    Talk about a double whammy.

So that's it. Couldn't stick to just 3, we'll just call it 3.5 and leave it at that.

Post Thanks / Like

12/1/2014 879482

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Order number 1243336 just placed!

(Couldn't pass up 15% off on a Flex 3401 kit.)

Post Thanks / Like

Collinite 845
    Goes on easy. Buffs off easy. Lasts a long time. Shines great. Protects great.

Miracle Towel.
    Best towel I've used for removing wax. I like the size and plushness

Menzerna FG400.
    Wow. This stuff is awesome. Cuts well with a beginner level DA and finishes down well. Great compound!

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast