autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Unoffial Millionth Post Runners Up Giveaway!!

You can count me in again since I've gotten to everyone's car but the wifey's this season this is hers:

That pic is from last year. It is severely neglected as we speak hasn't even seen a real wash in about 2-3 months

Post Thanks / Like

Alright, I made my choice for the next winner. I can't believe how difficult it was! Since I drive a Dodge sporting a Hemi, I decided to keep it in the family and choose mfrickman as the next recipient so his Ram can get some love.

Congrats!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Loser View Post
    It's been a busy weekend but I was able to get the CR-V coated yesterday and I'm really happy with the results.

I started out Friday after work with a good two-bucket wash. It wasn't in too bad of shape but it certainly wasn't clean. It got caught out in the rain one day and pollen season doesn't help.

I worked into Friday night, drying the CR-V, claying, taping the trim off, sealing the wheels and dressing the tires. On Saturday, I went over it with my GG DA polisher, a couple 5.5" white pads, and some CG P-40 finishing polish to take care of a few random love marks I added over the winter. Then I used the DP Coating Prep Polish with the same setup. It was a breeze to use and left the car looking great.

Once that was done, I added the paint coating using 2 sprays per panel. It went on really easy with the Lake County foam coating applicators. I'm glad I ordered them last week with some other stuff I had gotten. I only have garage shots at the moment as I'm still letting the coating cure.

Thanks again to dpk20x for doing this pay it forward thread. This was my first time applying a coating and it went really well. I'd highly recommend it for others who are hesitant about coating applications. In the future I'll probably continue to use coatings on my wife's DD if the longevity delivers. But for my own car, I'll stick with sealants and waxes. There are still too many LSPs and combos out there I still want to try

I'll be picking the next winner/recipient tonight or tomorrow when I get some more free time.
    Man that CR-V is looking good!! Bet your wife is happy. Hopefully that keeps her off your back for a day or two

Those lake country coating applicators work great don't they. I finally got a chance to try out the Black Label surface coating a few weeks ago. I did the bumpers and rocker panels on my Grand Cherokee. The coating just spread like hot butter with those applicators. So easy to use.

And big congrats to the next winner mfrickman

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dpk20x View Post
    Bet your wife is happy. Hopefully that keeps her off your back for a day or two
    She's very happy and appreciative. I am too since she took on the majority of parenting duties over the weekend while I busted out a full exterior detail. She even took the before photos for me since I dove right into washing the wheels when I remembered I hadn't taken any.

Wife: So why I am taking pictures?
    Me: I don't want to disappoint strangers on the internet.
    Wife: Gotcha...

Post Thanks / Like
    Hahaha too funny man

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks a ton, man! Can't wait to get it. The poor truck has been in the shop and this gives me a great opportunity to use the PBL glass and wheel coating I haven't used yet!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AG Online
    Mike Frickman
    Owner/Operator
    On Scene Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Just a quick update. I mailed the goods today, they are on their way. Enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Got them today. Awesome packaging job by the way.

Mike Frickman
    Owner/Operator
    On Scene Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the updates guys and thanks for keeping this thing rolling

And Loser, gotta give you props for how quickly you got that CRV coated and got that Black Label shipped out to mfrickman. Well done sir

Post Thanks / Like
    To give you guys an update, I'm going out of town during perfect weather to coat my truck. I'll be back home June 1st and will get the truck done soon after. Sorry for holding up the line!

Mike Frickman
    Owner/Operator
    On Scene Detailing

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast