autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Big Time Giveaway!

Summertime Detail Fest in other parts of the country would be nice.

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't had the chance to go, but it's on my list of need to's Would be great to meet some members on here and of course, the AG crew in person.

It's Detail Fest and it's like heaven for detailing enthusiasts. Not sure if you have it already but it would be awesome if you can sample more lsps, panel demos (beading, sheeting- lots of questions on here if a product was applied correctly and if they should get a specific kind of beading effect, etc.).

Ah well, now you got me kind of envious. If only getting to Florida is easy.......

Post Thanks / Like

I'd love to go to Detail Fest! (Does that count? )
    Everyone is my teacher. Some I seek. Some I subconsciously attract. Often I learn simply by observing others. Some may be completely unaware that I'm learning from them, yet I bow deeply in gratitude.

Post Thanks / Like

As a newly registered user, I'm honestly happy to find out that something like Detail Fest even exists.

I've been to conventions for other hobby/enthusiasts things (gaming, comics, etc), and my favorite aspect of these conventions is to meet the vendors. What I mean by that is that I've noticed out of all of the conventions I've been to, the vendors are always so enthusiastic about their products. It's not like going to a retail store to buy a product . The vendors at conventions know their stuff, are so passionate and willing to help you out, and their enthusiasm is infectious.

I've always been a big fan of meeting representatives and product creators at conventions because they are always willing to help you understand their products. And usually there are discounts or special offers, and those never hurt .

I'm in Florida, so I'm going to do my best to make it Detail Fest. While I have a work schedule that probably will not allow it, I will see what I can do. The chance to meet with fellow enthusiasts and vendors is too much for me to pass up. Since everyone is so darn helpful on AGO, I'm willing to bet your demonstrations and presentations are going to be top notch. I've never met a more friendly online community, and I don't want to miss out on meeting that great community if I can help it.

If I had to mention something specific I'd like to see at Detail Fest... I would like to simply watch a presentation that involves an experienced detailer using a compound on a car. I would simply like to see a veteran's technique in the flesh and use that knowledge to better take care of my car.

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't been to detailfest, so for me the best part is the AG team documenting and posting pics so I can be there by proxy.

It would be cool to see an interview with the car show winners telling us about their vehicle's history and how they prepped it for the show.

I know there is at least one shop nearby that has allowed attendees to prep their cars in the past, maybe a pre-fest detail day with some of the AG crew and vendors around to provide advice and have product samples to showcase.
    Static & Mobile detailing in Minneapolis & St. Paul. http://www.detailedcreationsmpls.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by theblob640 View Post
    Never been to Detail Fest but would love to go one day. I am on the West Coast so it is kind of a ways for me. I would like to see Detail Fest come to the West Coast!

Now AG owns Chemical Guys, I'm sure DF West Coast is in the works.

Just kidding. Couldn't resist.

Super Member Corey@OptimalDetailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I wish I could travel far enough to go to DetailFest!!

Post Thanks / Like

Have not had a chance to attend a detail fest, but would love to go one day. Looking at pictures it looks like an awesome event and a great way to meet car/detailing geeks

Post Thanks / Like

I have never been to one, but my suggestion is try to do it nation one. Ex: one in miami for ex amount of, another month in central of the us like Texas for x amount of days, and another month in California for x amount of days. This will not only help Autogeek get more fans (customers) but as well newbies like me to at least attend one of the events. Just my idea about it.

Post Thanks / Like

I like meeting forum friends and the staff at Autogeek.
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast