autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

What's your "Go To" products on boat detailing?

What's your "Go To" products you use in boat detailing? I want to know waxes, polishes, interiors, carpets, leathers, etc.... I've been detailing boats for several years now and have had much sucess with the Meguairs boat line, but am always looking for the next best product to not only give a better finish, but to also make my job a little easier! Let me know what you use!

Keep Calm... and Detail On!

Eric

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What's your "Go To" products on boat detailing?

I'm pretty well locked into Meguiar's. Everything from M-44 (Color Restorer) to M-91 (Power-Cut).

Their products work and are readily available.

Just my 2¢...

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

That's the way I am... they make a great Marine lineup and one I've been successfull with but there are new products coming out daily! This new Marine31 line has my attention but haven't tried any of it yet

Eric

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Check out the Marine 31 line. All Marine 31 products were developed and tested in South Florida so they perform exceptionally well in a hot, humid climate. All of the products are harbor-safe and eco-friendly as well.

My top picks:

Marine 31 Gel Coat Heavy-Cut Cleaner Wax

This product removes heavy oxidation and surface staining on gel coat - standard and painted. Formulated using advanced micro-abrasives, proprietary cleaning agents and nourishing oils, Marine 31 Gel Coat Heavy-Cut Cleaner Wax maximizes color, gloss and surface smoothness while leaving a durable layer of high-gloss wax protection. Marine 31 Heavy-Cut Cleaner Wax is exceptionally easy to apply and remove and its unique formula does not dust or cake up.

Marine 31 T-Top Fabric Protectant with SunBlock

Marine 31 T-Top Fabric Protectant with SunBlock provides the best UV protection for all exterior and interior marine fabric surfaces including old and new bimini tops. Formulated using SunBlock technology – a fusion of Marine 31’s proprietary UV absorbers and advanced Ciba Tinuvin UV Blockers – treated surfaces will retain their color and texture while repelling dirt, dust, oil, grease, acid rain, salt, insects and bird droppings. Regularly treated surfaces will resist UV-induced fading, cracking and discoloring.

Marine 31 Stainless Steel Liquid Polish

Marine 31 Stainless Steel Liquid Polish is the perfect solution to dull, oxidized, tarnished metal surfaces on your boat. This medium-cut polish is designed to restore the shine and luster to uncoated aluminum, stainless steel and chrome with very little effort. Marine 31 Stainless Steel Liquid Polish creates a highly reflective finish that can be seen from a distance. Marine 31 Stainless Steel Liquid Polish is arguably the best boat metal polish available!

Check out the complete line - Marine 31 Boat Waxes, Cleaners & Polishes

Marine 31 also has its own dedicated discussion forum - Marine31Online

Post Thanks / Like
    A video demo of some M31 products being used in the hot humid weather would be great. Still a little skeptical, every other product is terrible in those conditions.(Megs Marine m67 does good in those conditions).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek View Post
    Check out the Marine 31 line. All Marine 31 products were developed and tested in South Florida so they perform exceptionally well in a hot, humid climate. All of the products are harbor-safe and eco-friendly as well.

My top picks:

Marine 31 Gel Coat Heavy-Cut Cleaner Wax

Marine 31 T-Top Fabric Protectant with SunBlock

Marine 31 Stainless Steel Liquid Polish
    Nick,

Thanks for the feedback! I'm from Southern Indiana, and it definately get hot and humid in the summer. Any experience with the All-In-One Gel Coat Polish and wax?

Marine 31 All-In-One Gel Coat Polish and Wax, all in one boat polish wax, boat cleaner wax

Also currently I'm a big fan of Optimum metal polish... do you have any insight on how it compares to the Stainless steel liquid polish?

Eric

Post Thanks / Like

I have tried out a bunch of the new Marine 31 products. I have been impressed with every one I have tried so far
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EWtheDETAILER View Post
    Nick,

Thanks for the feedback! I'm from Southern Indiana, and it definately get hot and humid in the summer. Any experience with the All-In-One Gel Coat Polish and wax?

Marine 31 All-In-One Gel Coat Polish and Wax, all in one boat polish wax, boat cleaner wax

I'm a huge fan of All-In-One Gel Coat Polish & Wax.

Polishing a Boat @ Detail Fest w/Marine 31 Waxes, Cleaners & Polishes

The boat set up in the Marine 31 booth had light to moderate oxidation from sitting outside and being taken out on the water every other weekend. While Marine 31 offers varying levels of gel coat compounds and polishes (ultra heavy cut, medium cut, fine cut) I decided to take the simple approach and use what is my favorite product in the Marine 31 line, All-In-One Gel Coat Polish & Wax.

Marine 31 All-In-One Gel Coat Polish & Wax is the ideal one-step solution for removing light/moderate oxidation and staining on gel coat – standard and painted. Formulated using advanced micro-abrasives, propriety cleaning agents and nourishing oils, Marine 31 All-In-One Gel Coat Polish & Wax maximizes color and gloss while leaving a durable layer of wax protection. This zero-dusting formula is incredibly easy to apply by hand or machine.

I decided to go with the latter and use a Flex PE14-2-150 Rotary Polisher equipped with a Rotary Backing Plate Extension, Lake Country Rotary 3 3/4 inch Backing Plate and a Lake Country 4 inch CCS Orange Light Cutting Pad. This was the ideal set up for polishing smaller areas of the boat. For the hull I used a 6.5 inch CCS Orange Light Cutting Pad. A Porter Cable 7424xp or Flex XC3401 will also get the job done.

Before:

During:

Notice how the Rotary Backing Plate Extension places the backing plate and buffing pad farther away from the body of the rotary polisher so you can more easily see the small, intricate area that you’re working on.

After:

Marine 31 All-In-One Gel Coat Polish & Wax paired with the FLEX PE14-2-150 Rotary Polisher effortlessly removed the oxidation revealing a glossy finish. Marine 31 All-In-One Gel Coat Polish & Wax has a long working time and wipes off with ease; it can even be used in direct sunlight. The durable coat of wax left behind will protect the gel coat against salt degradation and UV rays.

Quote Originally Posted by EWtheDETAILER View Post
    Also currently I'm a big fan of Optimum metal polish... do you have any insight on how it compares to the Stainless steel liquid polish?
    Optimum Metal Polish is one of my favorites, but I've become very fond of Marine 31 Stainless Steel Liquid Polish. The polish itself is white in color so if you accidentally get any on white (the most popular color) gel coat, you don’t have to worry about an unsightly stain. Ounce per ounce, it's also one of the better values in liquid metal polishes.

Up Close & Personal: Marine 31 Stainless Steel Liquid Polish

Marine 31 Stainless Steel Liquid Polish is the perfect solution to dull, oxidized, tarnished metal surfaces on your boat. This medium-cut polish is designed to restore the shine and luster to uncoated aluminum, stainless steel and chrome with very little effort. Marine 31 Stainless Steel Liquid Polish creates a highly reflective finish that can be seen from a distance.

Metal fixtures on your boat are susceptible to oxidation and surface rust, especially if your boat is docked in salt water. Marine 31 Stainless Steel Liquid Polish stops oxidation and surface rust in its tracks! This easy-to-use, thick metal polish uncovers the mirror-finish that was present on your boat’s stainless steel, aluminum and chrome surfaces when it was new.

The secret to Marine 31 Stainless Steel Liquid Polish lies in its abrasive technology. The advanced abrasive in Marine 31 Stainless Steel Liquid Polish removes oxidation and staining without dulling the finish. While it’s technically considered a medium-cut metal polish, Marine 31 Stainless Steel Liquid Polish finishes more like an ultra fine metal polish, eliminating the need to follow up with a second step.

Before:

During:

Working the polish in using a Wolfgang Finger Pocket.

Marine 31 Stainless Steel Liquid Polish is a breeze to wipe off.

Check out how black the finger pocket is!

After:

I like to make detailing a boat as SIMPLE as possible - Marine 31 makes that happen.

Post Thanks / Like

3M's Marine Line is also a great group of products. The Marine 31 line looks interesting; have to find a friend with a boat; sold mine a few years back when my hip started giving me problems.

Post Thanks / Like

aquabuff 1000 and 2000 are my go to compound/polish combo for gel.

need a rotary and wool for them...they dont really play all that well with DA.
    I am the heir to the primo spaghetti sauce fortune

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast