autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Buff magic (use) question

Quote Originally Posted by B&B Tennessee View Post
    Thanks for the compliment man - I may have to order some of this buff magic and check it out - I talked to Garry Dean a week or two ago and he has a similar product as well - Id really like to take him up on his product ...... may have to compare the 2 side by side soon
    Anthony,
    Considering the results you've been getting (stellar)with what you've been using, I'd be interested to read your input on how Buff Magic worked out for you, as well as Garry's product. Of course, give it a few trials and then let us know what you think. My dad picked me up a can of the BMagic, but I haven't gotten a chance to use it.

The folks that recommended BMagic to me was Dubbert's Marine out of Lakeside, Ohio on Rt. 2 between Port Clinton and Marblehead. Jim Dubbert and his wife are awesome folks, and they have a mechanic's shop so clean you could eat off of the floors. They keep there rides spotless too.

Jack Tibbels, whose family has run charter boats on Lake Erie for 91 years told my dad and I ten years ago that Dubberts was the only place he trusted on the lake to work on his boats. Thats speaks volumes to me coming from a guy whose family has been in business for that long.

Dubbert's does some fantastic boat detailing as well, though I'm not sure they do that much of it. They simply do top-notch work, all around. Real personable folks too. I listen when they make recommendations, such as the BMagic.

I'd certainly take Garry up on his product. If he says it works then I believe him. Garry's a great guy and has helped me tremendously via phone calls and such and he likes stuff that simply works.

Get you a price on the BMagic, then shoot me a pm. Don't forget there's white and pink BMagic.

Hey, could you shoot me a pm...wait a minute...yep I still have the pm with your products you use. 3M, Ax, then Stglz. Anything changed much?
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hoytman View Post

Hey, could you shoot me a pm...wait a minute...yep I still have the pm with your products you use. 3M, Ax, then Stglz. Anything changed much?

Nope - I top it all off with Collinite Fleet Wax , don't know if I ever through that into the conversation?!?!?
    Bates Detailing
    Auto * RV * Bus * Boat * Aircraft * UFOs
    http://www.batesdetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by B&B Tennessee View Post
    Nope - I top it all off with Collinite Fleet Wax , don't know if I ever through that into the conversation?!?!?
    No, but I've got and used 845 over top of two coats of opt-seal on my dad's 25 footer and it looks fantastic on the hull. I used the Meg's #67 one-step compound on it as well. On the upper deck I didn't get the results you're getting, but that wasn't the intent anyway as I didn't have enough time. The fish were biting. That sort of polishing will come this winter.

I've heard nothing but good about 885 fleetwax.

You did mention foam, but not wool. Any reason why?
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hoytman View Post
    Get you a price on the BMagic, then shoot me a pm.
    Don't forget this above. By the way, AG's prices on 4lb cans is pretty good.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

This stuff also works great on chrome & aluminum. This weekend I will be doing a set (6) of RV aluminum rims and sealing them w/Opti-Coat.
    We are Central Florida's "First Class" Detailing Service.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scrubs147 View Post
    Buff Magic is for buffing to a polished shine. Polish is needed to protect the surface from UV and environmental damage.
    Waxes and sealers = LSP's, protectants and shine enhancements.
    Compounds and Polishes = surface conditioners.

Buff Magic = A DAT compound/polish surface conditioner.

3-M Imperial Compound is a good product if you prefurr a "wet" compound as comapired to Buff Magic, a "dry" compound.

They both have simalar cutting and polishing characteristics
    Last edited by KKYS; 09-02-2012 at 05:32 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I have used Buff Magic for last 10 yrs and is real good stuff I thin it out with water and then put it on the boat with a brush every inch. Thining it out a little keeps it from building up on the pad.Also keep a spray bottle of water to use .
    When I do a boat I put on the comp then buff then spary it with water then buff with the same 1st pad with the comp still on it from first pass. Do the one side of the boat then come back and back buff the whole side with a clean litely damp pad to give it that little extra. Thats just me you can use a mf if you like.
    Now Buff Magic is real good stuff but at list price its 135.00 a gl small can I think 25.00 I only get gl's.It comes in white or pink thats so if you are working on a dark boat white is good but if your working on a white boat pink is better white and pink are the same grit 800 back 3yrs ago they where selling some green comp that was 400 grit and you can still get it but its is a store order and only get it in 5gl and its 500.00 the gls of it would crack and it would leak in the store they didnt like it.
    I loved it they would give me 80 % off and i would just put it in a old can of my own.OK now there is other stuff out there that works real good for me.I do alot of wetsanding on boats that are real bad aka rub your hand on the boat and if the gelcoat comes off on your hand it needs wetsanding.You can buff it and it will come out but in 4 weeks it will come back.
    So I wet sand my hand with a rubber backer 1000 grit dish soap in the water work it from left to right only front to back of the boat all one way.By doing it this way when you buff go from top to bottom at 1500rpm this will buff out the sanding real fast . Then after sanding marks are gone I finish with left to right or front to back of the boat.

Now to the comp I love Buff Magic but I am in this to make money saying this at 130.00 a gl if it was just my boat I was doing thats what I would get but its not so I have tryed alot of comp and I mean alot.I now get my comp its called MARINE 1000 at 35.00 gl they bring it to my shop every friday .
    They make a 600 grit but I dont like it never brakes down just gums up the pad to fast then its back to the pad washer to many times.If you need any more info just call Charlie Master Detailers 239 878 0543

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123