autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

What Do I Need To Clean A 61 Foot Viking

Hey guy my uncle has a 61 foot viking sport fishing boat and he wants me to clean it and wax what would I need for the job and how much should I charage do the outside of it. The boat is in the water so it is going to me lil tricky
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What Do I Need To Clean A 61 Foot Viking-97752932_1-1-jpg   What Do I Need To Clean A 61 Foot Viking-97752932_3-1-jpg   What Do I Need To Clean A 61 Foot Viking-97752932_4-1-jpg   What Do I Need To Clean A 61 Foot Viking-97752932_5-1-jpg   What Do I Need To Clean A 61 Foot Viking-97752932_8-1-jpg   What Do I Need To Clean A 61 Foot Viking-97752932_19-1-jpg   What Do I Need To Clean A 61 Foot Viking-97752932_17-1-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What Do I Need To Clean A 61 Foot Viking

Allot of time, experiance and plenty of help!!

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

You need a wood raft with fenders for polishing the hull, they're usually made of plywood. There are always one or two in every marina but you will have to pay someone for using them. Topsides are easier but it's all done out in the Sun so do small areas and quickly remove products. A couple more people wouldn't hurt. 61 is a big boat.

DO NOT drop the polishers in the water . Use waterproof connector covers for the extensions as well.

Jose

Post Thanks / Like

You're gonna need some prayers and a miracle.
    Garry Dean - Tampa, FL - 813-846-4406
    Auto, Boat, RV, Motorcycle, Aircraft Detailing
    Premium Custom Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Thats a huge boat. Hope you got some help.

Post Thanks / Like

First, make sure to charge hourly. That boat is going to take a long time to complete and the total time is based on experience, help, condition of the boat, weather, tides, seagulls, products, tools, personal health, etc etc. Also, it all depends on whether you are just washing it or polishing every inch. Are you going to dive and work on the bottom? Are you going to work from the waterline up? Is he concerned with the woodwork, deck, rails, tower, engines? You've got your work cut out for you, I would assemble a team and offer an hourly salary to them for diligent work, then figure out what your time and products are worth each hour. Have fun with the project and don't underestimate the difficulty.
    Jon Miles

Post Thanks / Like

That's a LOT of work. Like everyone else said...you're gonna need some people to do that job in a timely fashion.

I don't understand how he expects you to wax it while it's in the water. Also, I wouldn't really recommend using a wax. I would use a marine sealant.

If it were me, I typically charge $12 a foot for a boat exterior. But that boat would be by the hour. That's also for boats I can do on foot. This one, you're talking about ladders and a team being involved.

It's too big to give a set price. I wouldn't touch that job for less than $1500...I can tell you that. I would definitely want more than that though. It's gonna take more than one day to do it right.

If he's got the money for that boat...he's got the money to upkeep it too. See what he's willing to pay. It kinda stinks that he's your uncle...cause he's gonna want the family deal, ha.

Post Thanks / Like

I just gotta say, that is an awesome boat!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a one man show and I can tell you I wouldn't do that job without atleast 2 others that knew what they were doing, polishing the sides is very hard to do while in the water. Since the boat probably doesnt get waxed that often id go with a one step cleaner/wax probably megs marine cleaner wax for its ease of use. Charge no less then 1500 if all your doing is polishing from the waterline up, gl that's a big job
    A passion for perfection!

Post Thanks / Like

But what bout the bottom part? I would think doing this while its still in the water is dangerous and "half A_ _ _ _" since you won't be able to do the whole boat.

Good luck man and I hope it works with a considerable payday.
    Hello my name is Sean

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast