autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Is this thing on? BlackFire still viable?

Why are there zero posts in this sub for years? I used Blackfire pro ceramic black edition on my new Alfa Romeo back in 2022 and have maintained it with blackfire wash and coating booster and it still beads awesome after 2 years.

Now I notice that the Pro Ceramic wash I have been using is always out of stock and nobody really ever mentions BlackFire products any more. It's all about gyeon now it seems.

Should I switch to a new set of products and re-coat this summer?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is this thing on? BlackFire still viable?

The Blackfire brand seems to have been turned into a (commercial) car wash brand, so I'm not sure what the continuation of the boutique products will be. Autogeek has been under new ownership for several years so a lot of things have changed.

I'm sure some other members will have a better answer on your coating questions since I'm a little out of the loop on that.

3. Thanks Rollo thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That’s kinda wild how the brand seems to have all but died with nobody around to promote it anymore.

@Setec. What information is available that indicates it’s become geared towards the commercial car wash industry? I’m curious to know more about that.

Post Thanks / Like

6. Likes Rollo liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't PBMG make these products? You would certainly think they would keep it going since it is a "house" product.

I like to buy products of the same line and moved to blackfire pro ceramic from CarPro products and the BF was easy to use and has been more durable than the Carpro stuff was several years ago.

Anyone recommend another product line I should switch to?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Doesn't PBMG make these products? You would certainly think they would keep it going since it is a "house" product.
    Yes, but PBMG was sold in 2016 and things are not as they once were.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Why are there zero posts in this sub for years? I used Blackfire pro ceramic black edition on my new Alfa Romeo back in 2022 and have maintained it with blackfire wash and coating booster and it still beads awesome after 2 years.

Now I notice that the Pro Ceramic wash I have been using is always out of stock and nobody really ever mentions BlackFire products any more. It's all about gyeon now it seems.

Should I switch to a new set of products and re-coat this summer?
    If your really happy with Blackfire's coating, Carzilla has 1 in stock.

Post Thanks / Like

If you go to the PBMG website the Blackfire link directs you to Wolfgang, so I'm pretty sure the old Blackfire line is history, and that anything available is leftover stock. The Blackfire and Wolfgang were kind of parallel lines, anyway, back when Blackfire was owned by CMA.

EDIT: I'm sorry, that's one of the links--there is another link that takes you to blackfirewax.com, which then redirects to the Blackfire section of the AutoGeek website, where there still seem to be plenty of products in stock, so maybe it's just that the line has been trimmed down.

Post Thanks / Like

There are some Blackfire products on Amazon. They might be wholesaling the line out. PBMG had too many similar products in multiple lines. I wouldn't be surprised if some of them were the same product with different dyes and scents added.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DUBL0WS6 View Post
    There are some Blackfire products on Amazon. They might be wholesaling the line out. PBMG had too many similar products in multiple lines. I wouldn't be surprised if some of them were the same product with different dyes and scents added.
    That's what I meant by parallel lines, PBMA and CMA used to share the Pinnacle line, and I always thought the Blackfire and Wolfgang sealants were the same (along with Menz FMJ), the rest of the lines may have differed. That's going way back 20 years ago...when all 3 mentioned sealants suddenly were unavailable due to some VOC issue, and the explanation wording was exactly the same for all 3 of them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast