autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Bruno Massel Finishes Racing Season on Strong Note

Bruno finished up the year on a great note with his Pro Stock debut. He didn't get to make the dance but shows that he has the goods to be there.

Bruno finished 2013 #2 in the World in Comp Eliminator and Won our 5th Lucas Oil Divisional Championship! He says next year #1 will be back, and that he is committed 1000% to it!!

Here is some links to some of the ESPN2 footage.

Streaming Online - WatchESPN

"This was from the race day show Sunday night…I’m on at 1:05 in. They show a great close up of the AG logo! I had the starting line advantage, but the car stumbled 1st rd and we got beat, but all in all it was a great debut!"

This link is from the first qualifying show
    Streaming Online - WatchESPN
    At 23:32 is Q2 and Bruno's interview is at 26:46

Here is a link to an article on NHRA’s website
    Pomona 2 event coverage

Another from Competitionplus.com
    Competition Plus - Drag Racing Magazine - 2013 NHRA - POMONA-2 NOTEBOOK

According to Massel, the first run was a challenge as he fought back the emotions of realizing a dream.

“I took it all in as I turned the corner,” Massel said. “I had never raced at Pomona before this weekend and to do it in a Pro Stock car, I had to take a deep breath and ask myself if this was really happening. At that point, before I knew it, the run was over and the parachutes were out. I don’t know that I have fully processed it yet. I was a bit behind mentally on the first day but the next day, I am up to speed.”

"Thank you guys for being the BEST Sponsor I’ve ever had the opportunity to work with.

Talk soon,
    Bruno"

Yancy Martinez - MNKYHead Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bruno Massel Finishes Racing Season on Strong Note

Reigning NHRA Competition Eliminator Champion Bruno Massel enjoyed another successful season in 2013. The 2-time NHRA World Champ claimed 4 victories on the season and lead the National Points chase down the home stretch before relinquishing the Championship the final week of the season. Not only did Massel finish the season as the 2nd ranked driver in the nation, but he claimed his 5th NHRA Lucas Oil Divisional Championship along the way!

Massel capped off the 2013 season in grand style by making his debut in the ultra competitive “Pro Stock” category at the season ending NHRA World Finals in Pomona, CA. With just two full passes behind the wheel of a Pro Stock car under his belt, Massel wheeled Steve Kent’s 2013 Chevrolet Camaro into the #10 spot in the field, surpassing multi-world champions Greg Anderson and Warren Johnson. After hurting a motor Friday in qualifying and with the pressure on, the team came through on Saturday with a stellar 6.57 at 210 mph. In round 1, Massel had a near perfect .007 reaction time to get the hole shot advantage, but the car stumbled early in the run and cost Massel the victory.

“All in all it was a great weekend,” stated Massel. “It wasn’t the story book ending we were hoping for, but I’m proud of what we accomplished the first time out.” Massel’s efforts didn’t go unnoticed, as the team garnered a great deal of media attention surrounding the Champs debut. Featured articles appeared in just about every major drag racing publication and the team received substantial coverage in ESPN’s broadcast of the event.

Below is a link to a sit down interview Bruno did with the ESPN crew following Friday’s qualifying run.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q4Bwl7ocOs&hd=1]2013 Auto Club NHRA Finals Friday Night Qualifying from Pomona Part 2 of 4 - YouTube[/video]

With another successful season behind him, Bruno is already looking forward to 2014. “Next year we are going all out to reclaim the Competition Eliminator National Championship that eluded us in 2013. I’ve got two really fast turbocharged Chevy’s in the stable and each one is more than capable of getting the job done,” said Massel. Bruno is also an early contender for the NHRA AAA Auto Club Road to the Future Award, that honors NHRA’s top professional rookie. “Steve Kent and his team have all the pieces in place to make it happen. If we can secure the necessary funding, we can make our presence felt in the Pro Stock category in 2014.”

Massel would like to thank the companies that supported his efforts once again in 2013; Autogeek.net, Lucas Oil, MAV-TV, Chevrolet Performance, Precision Turbo, Big Stuff3, JEGS, K&N, Goodyear, PTC, Aeromotive, Liberty’s Gears, Bruno’s Automotive Products and Steve Kent racing.

Yancy Martinez - MNKYHead Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Bruno! Keep up the hard work!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Yancy for all these great video's of drag racing your adding to these threads! I now know what I will have on my laptop when I go out to the garage to detail or play around with my test hoods.

I just got back into the detail scene and started whatching mike with the detail clinics and how to's on youtube and didn't know that autogeek sponsored a race car let alone Drag Racing!!

I'm a ford guy to the bone but I think I will be tuning in this coming summer to show my support for Bruno Massel

I know I am going to have to get me a shirt that Bruno had on in the 6th annual detail fest prodcast, That was one Awesome shirt! It ain't going to hurt me one bit to show a little chevy love!

And thank you again Yancy I will be following your threads on here! Great work buddy

Post Thanks / Like

Well design of the car i really impressed with this design because its exhaust is look like temple and i think this exhaust is creating problem when he driving...