autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Garage & Shop Pictures

You guys have some awesome shops! I thought I'd chime in on a more down-scaled version.

I recently weeded out the cheap chemicals (a crate and a half to the Goodwill store!) and am slowly replacing them with better quality products. Just bought a Flex polisher that's still in the box, too. I'll wait until after class next weekend before I break that one out!

I picked up a rolling stool and a step platform at the last Harbor Freight sale. (That's a dangerous store to roam around in!)

Hope to add a bunch more items from AG when I come down next weekend!

This first picture is around the sink. Picked this rack up at Wally World cheap. Also glad to have a sink in the garage.
    The second is the balance of my gear and supplies (and the nose of my MINI).

Also share the garage with the Rav4.

Enjoy seeing everyone's photos. Lot's of great ideas!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Garage & Shop Pictures-sink1-jpg   Garage & Shop Pictures-wall1-jpg   Garage & Shop Pictures-rav1-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet garage, looks like you have it set up nicely. I'd have to have some curtains so the neighbors wouldn't see me detailing in my skivvies

Quote Originally Posted by miniSguy View Post
    I picked up a rolling stool and a step platform at the last Harbor Freight sale. (That's a dangerous store to roam around in!)
    It's hard not to grab those orange funnels at the checkout. I needs me another set lol
    Second Best One Legged Detailer in The World... That top slot is unattainable

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=RedXray;952207]Sweet garage, looks like you have it set up nicely. I'd have to have some curtains so the neighbors wouldn't see me detailing in my skivvies

Great point and great advice!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lunchboxmunchy View Post
    Attachment 20300
    Attachment 20301
    Attachment 20302
    Attachment 20303
    It isn't much, but it allows me to get the job done.
    Keep Calm & Chive On

You at Schofield?
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mikesal57 View Post
    I need alot of ventilation...

That's disgusting, what a sad statement of our existence.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    That's disgusting, what a sad statement of our existence.
    At least it's on the other side of the planet,
    I noticed some Russian on the empty bottles and newspapers
    Second Best One Legged Detailer in The World... That top slot is unattainable

Post Thanks / Like

Mine's not as fancy as some of you guys.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Garage & Shop Pictures-garage-photos-011-jpg   Garage & Shop Pictures-garage-photos-006-jpg   Garage & Shop Pictures-garage-photos-002-jpg   Garage & Shop Pictures-garage-photos-004-jpg   Garage & Shop Pictures-detailed-cars-018-jpg  
    2011 Compass Latitude Bright Silver/ 2017 Nissan Rogue SV AWD Premium Glacier White
    REFLECTIVE IMAGE DETAILING

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Russians drink Sangria?

Lower right corner

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Chive on!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I don't have any pictures but I had to write an essay for my English class. Of our safe haven or our go to place. So I made up my dream place. (Teacher gave me the green light btw)

Michael Stoops and Christopher Brown and others were like "you didn't really have to taste it, but I did. So I could make it as realistic as possible. Lol

Here is my essay:

ENG 67
    Art Hernandez
    9/12/2013

In Detail

As soon as I walk in, it is completely dark. “click” is what you’ll hear as the light switch goes up as I turn it on. I hear a slight buzzing sound, like a bumble bee in the far distance, “buzzzz”. As the lights flicker and the electricity is flowing to turn each individual light. A few seconds later my bright garage lights turn on. At first, if you are not used to it. You will probably squint your eyes, because my shop lights are blinding to the untrained eye. It would be just like when you wake up in the morning and head outside with the bright shining blinding light. I like my work space from the far left of the room to the very beginning of the room to be completely covered in light. I detail cars as my profession. So I need as much light as possible to see any imperfections on my customers cars. From any hairline scratch that will need to be removed. To a slight dime sized left over wax residue that I might have missed, as I am inspecting my finished results. Before I hand over your car. Since I specialize in automotive paint. I need the lighting in my work area to be as bright as the sun.

When I walk over to my cabinet towards the end of the garage, about 10-15 feet away from the front entrance door. To inspect my detailing supplies. You will notice all these different colors. From bright purple, chalky yellow, to a bright white. These are different chemicals that I use to correct automotive paint. I find pleasure walking towards my work area and admiring my detailing equipment. My compounds, polishes and waxes. If I were ever blinded, I could describe every individual product to you by it’s smell alone. If you told me “close your eyes and guess the product by the smell.” I would close my eyes and gladly take on the challenge, with a grin just like Cheshire Cat. The purple cat from Alice in Wonderland. As soon as I took a whiff of the first product. If I were to smell bubble gum. I would say “That is Poorboy's Natty’s Blue paste wax.” If I were challenged by another products smell. If this time it smelled like grape I would respond with “that is my Meguiars D120 glass cleaner”

By now you should realize that challenging me by smelling the products. You will lose. So then if you asked for another challenge and told me to feel the pads I use to correct paint on my polisher machine. I could still close my eyes and guess aggressiveness of each pad by the texture of each individual one. If with my eyes still closed I felt a ruff, round pad with hairs sticking out of it, that felt like sheep fur and that I could grip. I would say “that is my Rotary wool cutting pad” If asked to guess another pad and with my eyes still closed. If I felt a round very soft almost zero roughness in texture, that felt as soft as a baby’s pillow that I could not grip. I would reply “that is my foam finishing pad”

If you still are not satisfied and asked me for the final challenge and then you grabbed another product and put a dab of product on my finger tip. Then asked me “taste it!” I still would have a grin on my face and kindly accept your challenge. As I stuck my finger out and then placed the tip of my finger on my tongue to taste the product, that you put on my finger. If you are still wondering “I wonder if he’ll guess it?” Yep, I will answer correctly with “That is my Meguiar’s Tire and Trim Gel and it tastes just like candy.” You then look at the bottle and realized that I again answered correctly.

While every nook and crannie is taken up by my detailing equipment. To me it would always look like I am alway short on supplies and missing something. Like a store that had a 95% off sale on Christmas day that was low on supplies because we always have to be prepared for the next job. I always walk in and catch anything slightly out of place and consider it being disorganized. Just like the next night at a college fraternity party. A complete mess. As a detailer you realize that we pay attention to every detail. Just like a professor correcting a student's essay checking for all details and descriptions.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast