autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: SunJoe SPX3000 longer hose?

Great detailed summary/issues post QuickCln--I appreciate posts like this. Been researching PW's for a while and will take into consideration.
    2011 Toyota Camry SE - Magnetic Gray Metallic

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I can report that I attempted attaching the posted blue hawk 30' 1/4" diameter hose.

It didn't work right. Pressure is significantly less than with the original hose. I did attempt to use the quick disconnects and Teflon tape as well with very little leaking. It shouldn't have been enough to effect the output that greatly, as I've had leaks in the system before, but the loss of pressure is unacceptable, IMHO.

It's possible the hose that comes with the Sun Joe is actually 5/16", and the 1/4" hose was choking it off a bit. If that's the case, I wouldn't want to use a smaller hose for fear of putting undue back pressure on the pump. Given the thicker male mating end and how it fits into the receiver, I'd have to assume a longer hose would have to be purchased from Sun Joe directly.

Oh well, back to the drawing board.

Post Thanks / Like

A smaller diameter should increase the pressure, not decrease. See this thread: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...sher-hose.html

I had some issues with the SunJoe and ended up with another Greenworks. I am using the 1600psi unit with the blue hawk 30' hose. It works beautifully. Also, there is no loss of pressure with the blue hawk. It's a great setup, doesn't take up much room, and is a pretty quiet machine.
    - Lee

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaveRacing View Post
    A smaller diameter should increase the pressure, not decrease. See this thread: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...sher-hose.html
    You're correct on that all things equal, and I did look up on the snowjoe.com website (makers of the Sun Joe) and they list the hose as 1/4" as well. Don't know why exactly the pressure was less, but it was significant. On the stock hose, I can't comfortably hold my hand in the stream of water with the green fitting. With the blue hawk hose, I could bury the green fitting into my palm, I was quite surprised. The gun didn't have as much kick back or recoil either which is what initially tipped me off.

I wonder if the orifices in the actual metal couplers on the blue hawk hose are more narrow than the Sun Joe hose? That would account for the loss of pressure. I didn't look that closely at that.

Anyway, I did email Sun Joe about a longer hose, or if they'd tell me who manufactures the hose for them and perhaps I can get a longer hose directly from them.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe try a quick disconnect on the pump and on the gun. Maybe that will fix the loss of pressurre? I never tried the flex 50' hose on its own without the QDs.

But i can say that I noticed only a slight change in pressure but not much at all.

I used two of these
    Shop Blue Hawk Metric Quick Disconnect Socket Set at Lowes.com

and some of this
    Shop Blue Hawk 43-ft Plumber's Tape at Lowes.com

a couple of o rings i had lying around (probably not necessary)

and of course this
    http://www.amazon.com/Apache-1008558...FXD0AV51FNSQ95

Post Thanks / Like

I misunderstood his comment is there a way to edit my reply? Bottom line is I didn't extend my hose, couldn't get it to work, but the other guy claims to have done it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aim4squirrels View Post
    If I'm reading the last couple of posts correctly, you both are debating about coupling another hose to the existing Sun Joe hose, but not about using the stand alone 30' blue hawk hose as the only hose, correct?

He claims to have extended the hose. I couldnt get it to work. I replied incorrectly because I misunderstood what he meant.

I think its easiest to just buy a hose of the length desired and disregard the SJ hose altogether, life will be much simpler that way.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by QuickCln View Post
    I don't know how you were able to extend it. The hose you linked looks different to the one available at my local lowes. At one point I brought the SJ hose in to the store. And with the help of a store clerk tried every hose on the shelves with all manner of fittings and none of them worked... The nipple on the SJ hose was too large for the adapter.

But like I said, maybe my local lowes didn't carry the link you posted. All I am saying is it really wasn't worth the effort of extending the sj hose, its alot easier to buy a replacement hose and use it on its own, as you and i have done.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickCln View Post
    He claims to have extended the hose. I couldnt get it to work. I replied incorrectly because I misunderstood what he meant.

I think its easiest to just buy a hose of the length desired and disregard the SJ hose altogether, life will be much simpler that way.
    I'll go home and take a picture of the hose extended. Currently, I have the hose adapter from the blue hawk connected to the original SunJoe hose. All I have to do is connect the blue hawk hose to the other end of the adapter and I have it extended. The only thing I won't be able to do is connect a quick disconnect to the other end of the SJ hose. I will either have to connect that end to the wand or the pressure washer unit.
    Quote Originally Posted by aim4squirrels View Post
    So let me ask a clarifying question, because I got confused in reading the last page of replies:

Does the blue hawk 30' hose connect to the main unit and spray gun without any adapters?

I know someone stated they chose to use quick disconnects, but are those necessary? If they are, please list the quick disconnects at Lowe's that you purchased. 10' more is exactly what I need to position the Sun Joe at the front or back of my car and not have to move the unit to reach everywhere I need it to go.

If I'm reading the last couple of posts correctly, you both are debating about coupling another hose to the existing Sun Joe hose, but not about using the stand alone 30' blue hawk hose as the only hose, correct?
    Blue Hawk hose can connect to the wand and unit itself. Just like the original hose. The quick disconnect is optional. The QD is more for convenience for those who want easy storage rather than unscrewing it every time.

I'll take a picture of my set up as well. Its similar to those who have shown their SPX3000 setup.

QD on the wand and on the unit - Shop Blue Hawk Quick Disconnect Plug and Female Metric at Lowes.com
    QD on both ends of the hose - Shop Blue Hawk Quick Disconnect Socket Male Metric at Lowes.com

I'm also using a quick connect for the water hose to the unit - Melnor Quick Connect Kit-237-337 - The Home Depot

Post Thanks / Like

Well it's been a few months with many washes done from the spx3000 and the hose mentioned earlier in the thread.

Everything works like new. I even left the unit outside during a heavy down pour and it still works great. I no longer use it with a water softener, but have changed to a DI unit CRsporless.

I use two y valves and short washer machine hoses to connect spx3000 to the DI unit.

http://www.amazon.com/Backyard-Garde...ywords=y+valve

http://www.amazon.com/Certified-Appl...r+machine+hose

You can set it up so that you can switch between hard water and DI water at will.

The idea is to use hard water most of the wash, but finish with a spotfree DI rinse, because DI resin is expensive. Works great. If anyone is considering this, its an awesome car wash method.

Saves you a ton of time washing cars.

Post Thanks / Like

I read as much as I could but I need help.

I want to buy the Sun Joe 3000. I also what to get the foam cannon from AGO but I do not know what end connector I need as AGO does not list the Sun Joe. Can someone help out with that info before I purchase the Sun Joe?

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast