autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: SunJoe SPX3000 longer hose?

Let us know how it works out!
    - Lee

Post Thanks / Like

Just for those who might be wondering...
    I bought the spx3000 from homedpot for 140 shipped to my door step.

Just for those who are shopping, here are my thoughts on this pressure washer.

1) Most, if not all electric PWs come with a crappy 20' hose. You have to order a longer pw hose in order to wash a car without dragging the unit around. the spx3000 is no different, it needs to be longer.

2) SPX3000 is by far the most powerful pw with the highest GPM that you can buy for the money. Ive only seen kranzle PWs and other professional grade PWs in the $700-2000 range that are better. Of course you can go with gas, but this spx3000 is sooo quiet in comparison and delivers comparable results. Also the PW is dead quiet once the hose is pressurized and when you are not pulling the trigger, whereas a gas unit would always be running making... a racket.

3) NONE of the extension hoses you will find ANYWHERE will work with the sunjoe spx3000. The threads on spx3000 are European and on-top of that may be slightly nonstandard. You will be hard-pressed to find a coupler that works. I spent 4 days going to and from HD and lowes trying to extend the hose. I got very close with the Lowes branded 30' hose, + a 15mm pipe coupler, but the hoses popped off once the system became pressurized. This is with a ton of teflon tape and gaskets all the way around. I also tightened the hoses using vicegrips. It just wont work.

To get a longer hose, you have to buy:
    1) quick disconnects (The standard ones from Lowes\HD should work fine with teflon tape). 2 sets for both the gun and the output where the Pressure hose connects to the unit.

2) a long hose on its own, you CANNOT extend the OEM hose. just throw it in a box, and leave it in the garage. I bought the 50' flex unit listed on this thread.http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Total cost should be 140 for spx3000 + 40 for the hose and + 20 for the quick disconnects. so roughly 200 bucks, which is still cheaper than anything you can find, and what you will probably find wont have the same power nor will it have a long 50' hose.

In terms of power loss, I haven't noticed any. I connected everything to a portable water softener and now I get crazy suds on demand from my MTm foam cannon. And my unit never has to be moved, making washing cars a simple turn of the switch and an unraveling of the hose.

I will say there are only two concerns that I have:

1) The hose is a bit difficult to unkink\unravel but it is getting easier with each use.

2) The PW takes a good 10-15 seconds to pressurize on startup, whereas using the 20' hose is much quicker. But in the end i dont care, so long as the unit is not being stressed more than it should.

Hopefully this setup will last a good while.

Post Thanks / Like

The SPX3000 is nice but it doesn't out out anywhere close to the stated numbers. It's closer to 1100 psi and 1.1 gpm which works fine but don't get caught up on their bs claims.

As far as the hose, I'm glad I helped some people out by taking the chance and ordering it. That hose will screw right into the PW and wand. I'd use some Teflon tape on the wand as mine leaks. The threading isnt the issue but the center post on the stock hose is thicker than most standard m22 posts so it won't fit any quick disconnect in lowes. Therefore the oring doesn't seal well in the wand due to wider inner diameter meant for the stock hose with thicker post.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, but finding 15 mm coupler with a large enough diameter to accomodate the nipple on the hose is impossible. I attempted to extend the hose using a 15 mm pipe threaded couple and a thicker oring so the it makes good contact on the inner walls of the coupler.

Long story short, even with the gaskets\orings\tape the pressure is too much and the sunjoe hose pops off. The black hawk (is that the name of it?) lowes extension hose was solid though when used with the coupler.

I know from the amazon review someone said that the numbers are a bit inflated, but that is true for all PWs. i much rather would have a true 1100 psi\1.1gpm PW than another one which claims to have those numbers but delivers even less. I bet a side by side comparison of the sunjoe with the ryobi\greenworks PW will show you that their 1700 psi is also much inflated.

But that remains to be seen. Thanks for the information btw it did help me out a lot! good thread!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by d33p View Post
    As far as the hose, I'm glad I helped some people out by taking the chance and ordering it. That hose will screw right into the PW and wand.
    This is true, but using quick disconnects allows the hose to rotate freely as it is used, this makes leaks\loosening the hose from the connections less likely, and with the pressure on, you wont want any of that. You could probably get by without quick disconnects, but they ensure a propper seal (with teflon) and make leaks non existent. I am pretty pleased with my setup. I can post links to everything I used if anyone cares.

Post Thanks / Like

What stinks is every PW uses inflated numbers. Even my karcher 2000psi puts out the same as the sun joe.

Makes it hard to shop lol

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by QuickCln View Post
    Just for those who might be wondering...
    I bought the spx3000 from homedpot for 140 shipped to my door step.

Just for those who are shopping, here are my thoughts on this pressure washer.

1) Most, if not all electric PWs come with a crappy 20' hose. You have to order a longer pw hose in order to wash a car without dragging the unit around. the spx3000 is no different, it needs to be longer.

2) SPX3000 is by far the most powerful pw with the highest GPM that you can buy for the money. Ive only seen kranzle PWs and other professional grade PWs in the $700-2000 range that are better. Of course you can go with gas, but this spx3000 is sooo quiet in comparison and delivers comparable results. Also the PW is dead quiet once the hose is pressurized and when you are not pulling the trigger, whereas a gas unit would always be running making... a racket.

3) NONE of the extension hoses you will find ANYWHERE will work with the sunjoe spx3000. The threads on spx3000 are European and on-top of that may be slightly nonstandard. You will be hard-pressed to find a coupler that works. I spent 4 days going to and from HD and lowes trying to extend the hose. I got very close with the Lowes branded 30' hose, + a 15mm pipe coupler, but the hoses popped off once the system became pressurized. This is with a ton of teflon tape and gaskets all the way around. I also tightened the hoses using vicegrips. It just wont work.

To get a longer hose, you have to buy:
    1) quick disconnects (The standard ones from LowesHD should work fine with teflon tape). 2 sets for both the gun and the output where the Pressure hose connects to the unit.

2) a long hose on its own, you CANNOT extend the OEM hose. just throw it in a box, and leave it in the garage. I bought the 50' flex unit listed on this thread.Apache 10085585 Engineered Hybrid Polymer Xtreme Flex Pressure Washer Hose, Female Metric Connection, 3100 psi Maximum Pressure, 50' Length, 1/4" ID: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

Total cost should be 140 for spx3000 + 40 for the hose and + 20 for the quick disconnects. so roughly 200 bucks, which is still cheaper than anything you can find, and what you will probably find wont have the same power nor will it have a long 50' hose.

In terms of power loss, I haven't noticed any. I connected everything to a portable water softener and now I get crazy suds on demand from my MTm foam cannon. And my unit never has to be moved, making washing cars a simple turn of the switch and an unraveling of the hose.

I will say there are only two concerns that I have:

1) The hose is a bit difficult to unkinkunravel but it is getting easier with each use.

2) The PW takes a good 10-15 seconds to pressurize on startup, whereas using the 20' hose is much quicker. But in the end i dont care, so long as the unit is not being stressed more than it should.

Hopefully this setup will last a good while.
    I was able to extend the SJ hose with the Lowes Blue Hawk hose adapter. Shop Blue Hawk 30-ft Pressure Washer Hose at Lowes.com

I had a 50' and it was wayyyy too long for my needs. I got the 30' and it was the perfect length. Not too long and not too short. My driveway can fit 4 cars and the SPX is at the front of the garage and able to reach.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know how you were able to extend it. The hose you linked looks different to the one available at my local lowes. At one point I brought the SJ hose in to the store. And with the help of a store clerk tried every hose on the shelves with all manner of fittings and none of them worked... The nipple on the SJ hose was too large for the adapter.

But like I said, maybe my local lowes didn't carry the link you posted. All I am saying is it really wasn't worth the effort of extending the sj hose, its alot easier to buy a replacement hose and use it on its own, as you and i have done.

Post Thanks / Like

So let me ask a clarifying question, because I got confused in reading the last page of replies:

Does the blue hawk 30' hose connect to the main unit and spray gun without any adapters?

I know someone stated they chose to use quick disconnects, but are those necessary? If they are, please list the quick disconnects at Lowe's that you purchased. 10' more is exactly what I need to position the Sun Joe at the front or back of my car and not have to move the unit to reach everywhere I need it to go.

If I'm reading the last couple of posts correctly, you both are debating about coupling another hose to the existing Sun Joe hose, but not about using the stand alone 30' blue hawk hose as the only hose, correct?

Post Thanks / Like

See my previous posts and caveracings...

I got the quick disconnect and had to use Teflon tape to eliminate leakage.

Wanted to use the quick disconnects for convenience and storage.

I had heard of alternative hoses not fitting on the sj nipple, so when I bought my 50' simpson hose i set it up with the quick disconnect.

If the sj nipple is that finicky, the benefit to using the quick disconnect is that once you get it on well, it keeps working and you don't have to worry about connecting the hose " just right" every time you hook the hose up.

While costing just a few bucks more, the easiest set up is a new hose to the length desired, and the QD's on the sj and trigger.

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast