autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Polisher Decision

I got one from autogeek. They did a price match for me. I paid $110 including tax and shipping. They had it in stock so mine arrived at my house today.
    Now I have to get pads before nice weather gets here because I'll be dieing to use it.
    thanks for letting us in on that code.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustLikeJames View Post
    I got one from autogeek. They did a price match for me. I paid $110 including tax and shipping. They had it in stock so mine arrived at my house today.
    Now I have to get pads before nice weather gets here because I'll be dieing to use it.
    thanks for letting us in on that code.
    Where did you price match from?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

autogeek matched advance auto parts and the offer code from previous posts in this thread.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustLikeJames View Post
    autogeek matched advance auto parts and the offer code from previous posts in this thread.
    GOT IT! pays to read prior posts.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, $99 free shipping and in stock in KY. Advance Auto Coupon Code TFT41.......it's better than the B53 Code.

Post Thanks / Like

On Advance website it will show stores are out of stock, but they are available when you select SHIP TO HOME.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brettS4 View Post
    Just a heads up... the code TRT41 is working right now and showing inventory. Get a GG6 for $100 while you can.
    Ordered a GG6 from AG for $99.99 shipped to my door!......and with my remaining $40 on a $100 gift card that only cost me $80 was a great opportunity to get a back up! They did price match Advance Auto Parts Coupon Code TRT41.

Post Thanks / Like

If you are just maintaining your own vehicles then there isn't much point to spending the extra money on a FLEX. The Porter Cable 7424 is a very capable machine and will handle what you need it to do. It is a ridiculously durable machine that will last longer than your car will. I've had mine for 11 years and the guy I bought it from had it for several years prior to that. It is a great tool.

However, with that being said, I'll echo what has been said about the FLEX. If time is money to you then the FLEX is worth it. Mine paid for itself pretty quick with the time it has saved me. With the FLEX 3401 I've been able to fit another vehicle into my day which for my business can mean several hundred dollars per week extra. That's why it paid for itself so fast. But even with that, there isn't anything the FLEX has done for me that I wasn't able to do with my PC. I still recommend the PC to anybody looking for a polisher and I recommend the FLEX for anybody looking for their NEXT polisher.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by herrubi View Post
    Good morning all, first post here. I'm trying to decide which polisher to buy. I'm not a professional detailer but an avid car care enthusiast. I have used a Sears orbital polisher for 25 years and am now ready to upgrade to something more professional. My vehicles do not need much correction, I simply want them to look the best they can. I'm considering the Meguires DA polisher, but wondering if I should just spend the money and get the Flex. I have tried a Porter Cable and did not like the amount of vibration it had. I have a black suburban so it does have a lot of surface area to maintain. Please offer your opinions, thank you.

Get a flex 3401, LAke Country backing plate system, and LC hybrid pads.

I used one of those Craftsman orbital for 15 years (just threw it out less than a week ago), went to a Porter Cable which was a large upgrade, then finally went with the flex 3401. Night and day difference from a PC for any type of correction.

If you used a Craftsman for 25 years, you'll go to your grave with the 3401. Just my 2 cents worth.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for all of your opinions and help. I ended up buying a GG 6 and have just started using it. I'm working on the roof of my Suburban and am doing pretty well with it. It seems like a well built tool. I ordered the model with the 25' cord which is really nice. So far so good!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast