autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Best option for hot water extractor?

One of the tools I've been considering getting is a hot water extractor. I figure it'll save me tons of time and do a much better job than the current process I do (by hand). I've looked around the net and found a few but wanted some other input from those that have or use them. The one I'm leaning towards is the Mytee Lite II.

I do this as a side business on weekends only, at least for now. I've seen prices in the area of $700 +/- shipped to my door.

My question is: Who or where have others bought from (trusted) and a decent price. I don't mind paying a little more if the customer service is there for a trusted product.

I hope I didn't violate any rules but I did search the AG store and didn't see any item for my needs.

Thanks for your help,

Bill
    B&T Auto Detail

Post Thanks / Like
    I've had the same dream too, and for the money - your best bet may be the Durrmaid. I don't know if it's cool to mention another web site, but google - top of the line.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by B&TAutoDetail
    I hope I didn't violate any rules but I did search the AG store and didn't see any item for my needs.
    No you did not, we do not sell hot water extrators, at least not yet! So no we do not mind, you asking about them, just like if someone wanted to sell their car on here ... we are not in the used car business so go right ahead.

Post Thanks / Like
    YOU CAN SELL YOUR CAR HERE!!!!

Okay Gary name your price

hahahahahaha this place rocks baby hahahahaha

<edit> oh and I too am looking in to extractors

Post Thanks / Like
    i have the mytee lite II and like it. i would not go any smaller. any bigger was too much for me to lug around.

Post Thanks / Like
    i find my little green clean machine is more than suitable for 95 percent of my jobs...other than flood damage my LGM has been there for all sorts of stains and mystery corners...and it is the perfect size to carry into the cabin of the car with you...for 70 bucks it has held up to dozens of details and carpet messes my puppy makes...and still works like a champ...i think it is a great option for the weekend/sidejob detailer....my first interior only detail for 100 dollars paid for the machine and a gallon of chemical...so it is money well spent imo...i refer all the detailer i know to it as a good investment....

Post Thanks / Like
    $70!! Seven Zero??? This is for a hot water extractor?? I paid more than that for my wet/dry vac! Please tell me more about this LGM.

Thanks for the tip on the DurrMaid too BTW, just need to find a price on it now.

I don't want a huge machine, something small that packs a punch.

Thanks for the reply's thus far and keep them coming!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by orngez
    i find my little green clean machine is more than suitable for 95 percent of my jobs...other than flood damage my LGM has been there for all sorts of stains and mystery corners...and it is the perfect size to carry into the cabin of the car with you...for 70 bucks it has held up to dozens of details and carpet messes my puppy makes...and still works like a champ...i think it is a great option for the weekend/sidejob detailer....my first interior only detail for 100 dollars paid for the machine and a gallon of chemical...so it is money well spent imo...i refer all the detailer i know to it as a good investment....

I've had good luck with the LGCM as well, and you can't beat it for the price. Sure commercial extractors will get the water a little hotter and leave the carpets a little less damp, but the end result is the same. Its performance is just fine for me right now. Just make sure you pick up the ProHeat model.

Post Thanks / Like
    looks like ive got another machine to add to my arsenal.......

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a Mytee HP60
    Yet Another Toy
    One of my best investments....
    In the business world, the rear-view mirror is always clearer than the windshield.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast