autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    I actually picked up the little green clean machine and yes it does work fine but I don't think it would compare to a commercial extractor. My opinion on the little green clean machine is that it lacks some suction power and the heating element could use some more power. Don't get me wrong I use it here and there, well actually I use it quite often for now but I'm ready to move to a commercial extractor. That's just my $0.02 on the little green clean machine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by orngez
    i find my little green clean machine is more than suitable for 95 percent of my jobs...other than flood damage my LGM has been there for all sorts of stains and mystery corners...and it is the perfect size to carry into the cabin of the car with you...for 70 bucks it has held up to dozens of details and carpet messes my puppy makes...and still works like a champ...i think it is a great option for the weekend/sidejob detailer....my first interior only detail for 100 dollars paid for the machine and a gallon of chemical...so it is money well spent imo...i refer all the detailer i know to it as a good investment....
    with orngez. I don't even bother taking the time to fill the LGM with solution. Matts outside with spray bottles of cleaning solution and PW then extract H2O from the matt with LGM. Spray bottles of cleaning solution and one with H2O inside, extract with LGM. I love it. Yes a wet/dry would probably do the same but the LGM takes a lot less clean-up.
    *I do make sure that I never soak the matting under the carpet which is one area the extractor has to excell.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to all that replied. What I'm looking for is a more commercial grade extractor. I now have a few more options and leads as well.
    What I'm trying to still find is people that have and use the various types. Are them similar? Is one far more superior for the money? Who did you buy it from? How often do parts break and how easy are replacement parts to get and install?

For example, I see that the DurrMaid is about $25 less than the Mytee II. I'd rather spend the extra now to have a better quality machine or one that is easliy repairable.

Again, Thanks for all the input and keep it coming.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Megan, will AG be offering a line of commerical extractors soon , I too am looking for a good quality machine,if so I would defintely wait and get it AG

Post Thanks / Like
    The place I've been buying my bulk cleaners and dressings at sells Extractors - I think they are made by Malco as that's who makes most of the chemical products they have. I knew they use to be the Mytee distributor and I asked why they didn't carry them anymore- they replied that Mytee was hard to work with on warranty claims and that the Mytee line had some design flaws that required more work (Parts/Labor) to fix.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12