autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New toy

Post Thanks / Like

New toy

Today we invested in a Flex XC3401VRG at work and I love it! It's strong and powerful at low speed and you will have to have a strong set of wrists for this baby. We did an a-b test on a Peugeot Cab, polished one side with our Flex 602 and 3M Trizact 50077 Compound and the other side with this machine with the same deoxidizer. We asked one guy at the company who has been detailing for ten years if he could guess which side we had used the rotating machine on and he guessed wrong. Got a bottle of Meguiar's wax with it too.

Great bang for the buck and 900 watt of raw power. We're going to have a field day with this one.

EDIT: Me and the former detailer brought this baby out to try on some bad scratches on a BMW 330 Touring-06.....smooth as silk. I took scratches with this baby without any problems.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New toy-anw_xc3401vrg_10-jpg  
    Last edited by DanielSwe; 06-21-2007 at 02:10 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice machine, I'm still re-searching these machines but so far it's been all good. Funny though the shape of it is kinda like the Metabo. Interesting.

Thanks for sharing. Keep us posted on the machine and how it performs.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a Flex stone polisher. It's basically a rotary you can hook a hose up so the water cools the stone. It's takes pads with diamonds in them. You can also use it without water if you like. Nice machine!

Post Thanks / Like
    We love Flex, they are sturdy and strong. The excenter weighs 2,6 kilo and you know it's very well built. Before the spring really got out of hand-increasing sales as always plus some extra-we gave the 602's some love and with a minor service here and there they just keep on going.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had to put up a bigger pic!

Post Thanks / Like
    The reason we bought it is because we are three or four guys at work some times and then you cannot go and wait for the other ones to finish their job in order to finish yours. The Top tool is one bad mother but so is the pricetag and I wasn't aware that Flex had this going until we stuck our heads into a local hardware shop for some other business. We found it and tried it out on a car they had in the corner. It was no big deal, we asked the boss if we could purchase that baby, got ok and went on buying it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Sword
    I have a Flex stone polisher. It's basically a rotary you can hook a hose up so the water cools the stone. It's takes pads with diamonds in them. You can also use it without water if you like. Nice machine!
    Gary, where did you purchase your machine? I was under the inmpresion that these machines were not available in the US...oh and don't get me started about here in Canada.

Daniel, do you know if these machines are available in the US by any chance? Just wondering, I've only been re-searching the machine and haven't gotten tot he point of finding a dealer.
    Last edited by Nica; 06-21-2007 at 01:03 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for putting up the bigger picture, bro. Appreciate it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Nica, I'll look into it right now.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Flex XC3401VRG Car Polisher - Page 4 - Detailing World

Here's a UK thread with pictures on it on some polishing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.