autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Metro Master Blaster

So seven months ago Super storm Sandy ripped through New Jersey and severely damaged my home. Also damaged a whole lot of my stuff. My son and I cleaned up the mess and I took all of my hand tools and power tools to my mother in laws house (where we stayed for the following five months) to clean them up. Lost a few power tools and some hand tools. Anyway I pulled the covers off the Master Blaster and rinsed it out the best I could. I should have removed the motor but wasn't too sure of myself that I would be able to put it back together. We have been back in our house for two months. Today I had some time and decided to see if the thing would work. The outlet side of the housing is all rusted inside and I figured I would blow the breaker as soon as I turned it on. But to my surprise it fired right up. Hit the second switch and a lot of dust and dirt came flying out. But it runs. And it sounds pretty good too. All I have to do is reseal the outlet cover as it is leaking around there pretty good and clean up the hose. My mason decided to use it as a sump pump drain hose and it is kind of nasty. But even being submerged for five days in nasty dirty sea water this thing still works. A shout out to Metro for building a flood proof piece of equipment.

Don

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Metro Master Blaster

All the best as you continue to recover .... I am glad to hear some tools stood the extreme torture tests that most will never see.

Scott