autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Buckets for Grit guards

I ordered a couple of grit guards but they don't fit my buckets. Where can I get a bucket that they will work with?
    Roger

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Buckets for Grit guards

Home Depot 5 gallon buckets work.

Super Member Anthony@zerboautoworks's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Home depot/Lowe's buckets work great

Post Thanks / Like

I use K and Z pickle buckets. I have tried a Pep Boys bucket but the Grit Guards didn't go all the way down. It seems like every 5 gallon bucket is a different dimension.......Go figure.

Post Thanks / Like

You wont know for sure until you try. I believe HD, Lowes, Pep Boys, Ace Hardware, etc.. all get their buckets from one place: Cheapest Bidder. So, taper and sizes may change slightly over time. Best thing you can do is bring your Grit Guard with you and go to a few of the above places - check it there. I believe HD and Super Walmart sell multiple 5 gallon buckets in the paint aisle, at least mine does

Post Thanks / Like

I'd pick up some gamma lids as well. Watertight lids if you need them.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a couple of nice new Napa buckets. I thought they looked like a standard 5 gallon bucket. The grit guard sits 7 or 8" of the bottom. I think I am going to try a pickle bucket first. If they don't work I'll check at Lowes or Depot.

Quote Originally Posted by spiralout462 View Post
    I use K and Z pickle buckets. I have tried a Pep Boys bucket but the Grit Guards didn't go all the way down. It seems like every 5 gallon bucket is a different dimension.......Go figure.
    I was telling my Mom about it and she said she may be able to get me a couple of pickle buckets from her work. I guess it is like anything else they all look the same but there are a bunch of different sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    You wont know for sure until you try. I believe HD, Lowes, Pep Boys, Ace Hardware, etc.. all get their buckets from one place: Cheapest Bidder. So, taper and sizes may change slightly over time. Best thing you can do is bring your Grit Guard with you and go to a few of the above places - check it there. I believe HD and Super Walmart sell multiple 5 gallon buckets in the paint aisle, at least mine does
    I may try to measure the bucket, my luck they will think I am trying to steal the grit guard.

Quote Originally Posted by af90 View Post
    I'd pick up some gamma lids as well. Watertight lids if you need them.
    I don't think I need any. What do you use them for?
    Roger

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 94BULLITT View Post
    I had a couple of nice new Napa buckets. I thought they looked like a standard 5 gallon bucket. The grit guard sits 7 or 8" of the bottom. I think I am going to try a pickle bucket first. If they don't work I'll check at Lowes or Depot.

I was telling my Mom about it and she said she may be able to get me a couple of pickle buckets from her work. I guess it is like anything else they all look the same but there are a bunch of different sizes.

I may try to measure the bucket, my luck they will think I am trying to steal the grit guard.

I don't think I need any. What do you use them for?
    For me if you're traveling to wash a car you can pre mix your solution and soak your towels and they're air/water tight as well so I use them to store microfibers after they're dirty and wet when moving them around. Also after the bucket is cleaned out as well as the towels I store my towels in them so it helps with compressing how much room my items take up.

Personal preference though.

Post Thanks / Like

The Lowes silver buckets are an exact fit. Not sure about the blue ones but they might be the same size.

Don

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by af90 View Post
    For me if you're traveling to wash a car you can pre mix your solution and soak your towels and they're air/water tight as well so I use them to store microfibers after they're dirty and wet when moving them around. Also after the bucket is cleaned out as well as the towels I store my towels in them so it helps with compressing how much room my items take up.

Personal preference though.
    I don't have to travel to wash my car. I have a tool box I keep my DA, pads, towels and wash mit in. Everything but the DA is divided up in a zip lock bags.
    Roger

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast