autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wheel Shmitt

Post Thanks / Like

Wheel Shmitt

reading justin's recommendations and write ups..i tried using a black shmitt as my wash mitt...i know justin has had much sucess using a black shmitt on paint...i was not so lucky...marred and swirled the crud out of the paint...i even used a higher percentage of soap just to increase lubricity....oh well...i ended up switching it to wheel use for the rest of the wash....and yes it was the first time the shmitt was used so it didnt have previous wheel gunk on it...i will say that the wheel shmitt is amazing on wheels...its better than any brush and does a great job when swiping it through a wheel well...thumbs up for wheels..thumbs down on paint...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by orngez
    reading justin's recommendations and write ups..i tried using a black shmitt as my wash mitt...i know justin has had much sucess using a black shmitt on paint...i was not so lucky...marred and swirled the crud out of the paint...i even used a higher percentage of soap just to increase lubricity....oh well...i ended up switching it to wheel use for the rest of the wash....and yes it was the first time the shmitt was used so it didnt have previous wheel gunk on it...i will say that the wheel shmitt is amazing on wheels...its better than any brush and does a great job when swiping it through a wheel well...thumbs up for wheels..thumbs down on paint...
    I agree, I just like to flip my Shmitt over and stick w/ the little bit of yellow foam. Works just fine. The black shmitt does work well for windshields that are smothered in baked on bugs however.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeh I talked to somebody else who said the same thing, the black shmitt is quite coarser and swirled his paint, I was about to buy it to try on paint not wheels, glad I didn't. Love the white/yellow shmitt. My wheels are easy to clean so I just use a brush or sponge and soap.
    The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitethunder46
    I agree, I just like to flip my Shmitt over and stick w/ the little bit of yellow foam. Works just fine. The black shmitt does work well for windshields that are smothered in baked on bugs however.
    Yellow side only, stay away from black Shmitt. Ask KillrWheels if he'd wash his Vette with one?
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like
    Justin is Midas (look at my sig), not only does he get no marring with a black shmitt...he actually gets durability out of NXT

The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfer
    Justin is Midas (look at my sig), not only does he get no marring with a black shmitt...he actually gets durability out of NXT

He has some magical powers or something! I bet the black shmitt glows when it's on his hands and it becomes an unswirlable mitt

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfer

Maybe he uses polycharger...
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by supercharged
    Yellow side only, stay away from black Shmitt. Ask KillrWheels if he'd wash his Vette with one?

NEVER !! I do use the off white version on paint occasionally, but still go back to my mitts. The black one is ruff .. and I have saved it for use on a dirty rental or something needing that power.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    My Friends Sparkie and Meghan sent me a Shmitt..the white one with the yellow backing...I was going to wash the truck yesterday with it..but felt lousy..I have a bug...but looking at the yellow side...I do not know if I would even use that on paint..chrome..windows..plastics yes..so if the black is courser than that I can not see how you could wash paint and not induce any marring...the white side is very soft...I will give it a whirl today...I feel much better now that JoeP sent me a young Chinese nurse..

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    I remember Justin using the black schmitt for interior cleaning, seems to work really well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast