autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New toys....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by P1et
    Orngez, I've had my eye on that stuff so please let us know how it works out! According to Al-53, it's some of the slickest stuff he's ever used. Are those 16 .oz samples they gave you by the way? If so, NICE!

And Supercharged, are you talking about their Pete's '53? My favorite wax by far! I have one tub and two more coming my way. I LOVE IT!!!
    What other waxes can you compare it to? SSII? DP Max Wax? Natty's Blue?
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by supercharged
    What other waxes can you compare it to? SSII? DP Max Wax? Natty's Blue?
    The only other paste waxes I can compare it to is Megs #16 and Natty's Blue.

Pete's '53 can easily beats #16 in my book as far as durability is concerned. I am now on week 3 of my test and I'm impressed to say the least. What other product leaves the surface SLICK to the touch after that long? I know that even #16 doesn't. The beading is just incredibly (yes, I know that that doesn't always equal durability, but for me it's a sign that it's still there...)

Natty's Blue looks great... but you need about 3 layers of it to match Pete's '53. And I am not impressed with the durability whatsoever. As far as easy-on/easy-off is concerned, I think they are a very fair match. And they both smell just as good! However, Pete's '53 is more forgiving if you happen to layer it too thick. Something that is not the case with NB, and certainly not with #16!

Looks wise, I think it beats #16 and NB by miles and miles. It's my wax of choice at the moment and I think it would be difficult if anything else would impress me more.

My two extra tubs of Pete's came in today and I gave them to two friends at work for them to try it!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    petes53 is definitely a great wax...on par with all the tier one waxes ie...souveran, #16, pink wax, natty blue...etc...its easy wowo and leaves a long great lasting finish...cant wait to play with my new jetseal109....the cg guys said its their best sealant yet...the durablility is supposed to be top notch...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by orngez
    petes53 is definitely a great wax...on par with all the tier one waxes ie...souveran, #16, pink wax, natty blue...etc...its easy wowo and leaves a long great lasting finish...cant wait to play with my new jetseal109....the cg guys said its their best sealant yet...the durablility is supposed to be top notch...
    Is Jet Seal on their site, didn't see anything? Absolutley love CG 5050 and their EZ-Creme Glaze.
    The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like
    jetseal is not on their website...one or two other online retailers carry the stuff but the 16oz bottle is sold by other retailers for 50 dollars a bottle...so the stuff is not cheap...my detail tomorrow morning will put it side by side against souveran, natty blue and duragloss...i like detailing my friends avalanche...its like a big canvas to practice on....and he doesnt really care what i do to it as long as it is clean and shiney

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by orngez
    jetseal is not on their website...one or two other online retailers carry the stuff but the 16oz bottle is sold by other retailers for 50 dollars a bottle...so the stuff is not cheap...my detail tomorrow morning will put it side by side against souveran, natty blue and duragloss...i like detailing my friends avalanche...its like a big canvas to practice on....and he doesnt really care what i do to it as long as it is clean and shiney
    $50 sealant, the most expensive I've ever seen. Can't wait to see the results

Post Thanks / Like
    Damn, that is expensive for a sealant! But I guess when you pay somewhere around $14 for 8 oz. and this is 16 oz.

Well, looks like it's still twice as expensive, HAH!

Post Thanks / Like
    Only had time to do some quickie details as my car is getting some warranty work done so i was pressed for time as i didnt want to be in the middle of a detail when my car was ready...first up was the return of my roomies chevy avalanche...sorry for not a bunch of pics but time was an issue....jetseal109 on top of wmf...

Next up i just did two panels on the rent a car they gave me while my car was in the shop...i did it just to play around with the new stuff i had...i loved the color...tons of metal flake...

Before:

After: I only did the drivers side portion of the hood....cg diamond cut 1.5, pro-polish, wmf, and jetseal109

drivers side door: same process as hood

Post Thanks / Like
    my findings:

jetseal109 : SUPER easy to use...one bead on my white edge pad was enough to do an entire half of the chevy avalanche...wiping off was easy as well...the polish never "grabbed" at my cobra mf towel and came off with little effort...there were no "stubborn" spots that required qd to help remove...super slick and the results speak for themselves...

wmf: it definitely slicks and shines like it says it does...very similar to a glaze and i would definitely use another lsp over this stuff...doesnt leave that hard candy shield feeling when buffed off...just like glazing use it if you want to...although this is definitely on par with other popular glazes like xmt and rmg...goes on easy and buffs out nice and clear...

m-seal: to me in goes on and off the same as jetseal...the results were very impressive as well...it left super slick paint just like the jetseal and i would say the jetseal and m-seal were pretty much the same as far as looks..i think durability will be the key factor between the two...i'll update down the road to see which one lasts longer/better..

Post Thanks / Like
    That second picture is very impressive, thanks for posting...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast