autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dumb Question about a RUPES

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Unless your a machine addict, why would you need another machine?
    Yeaa I know, honestly I see each tool to be very specific and have an intended purpose. This would probably trade out my 3401. The Flex is great, but the amount of energy put into controlling it is frustrating me a little; considering how much it costs. Also I find it doesn't work so well with my pad cleaner. Im keeping the PE14 just because its great when you need the power. PC is basically a wax spreader and the pad cleaner machine.

Thanks for the replies guys! This has given me quite a bit of feedback, and I will probably get into contact with Kevin sometime this weekend.

If I find the thread with the comparison to the 3401, I'll post it.

Once again Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Andr3wilson View Post
    The Flex is great, but the amount of energy put into controlling it is frustrating me a little
    ^This... everyone will say if the 3401 is walking on you then you're just not keeping the pad flat. The best was with LC 4" BP and 5" hybrid pads, but I still did not look forward to using it. Cars are not completely flat and have lots of curves. I was able to try the RUPES at the mobile tech expo and was pretty amazed. Went home put the 3401 on Craigslist, sold it a couple days later and here I am days away from delivery of the LHR15.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CM8 6MT View Post
    I would figure out of all people, you Andrew would know about Rupes DA's, considering you like to use "high" end products like Swissvax.

The only reason Rupes is becoming popular right now, is because a specific high end detailer is promoting it.

Its not the machine that makes you great, its your set of skills & knowledge.
    +1
    on skills and knowledge. could not agree more.
    Ross

Post Thanks / Like

I would figure out of all people, you Andrew would know about Rupes DA's, considering you like to use "high" end products like Swissvax.

The only reason Rupes is becoming popular right now, is because a specific high end detailer is promoting it.

Lol thanks! I actually use a wide variety of products that perform the best. quite a bit of SV stuff is a gimmick to me. If you are ever up for a trade I could send you something to show you the magic?

Quote Originally Posted by g26er View Post
    ^This... everyone will say if the 3401 is walking on you then you're just not keeping the pad flat. The best was with LC 4" BP and 5" hybrid pads, but I still did not look forward to using it. Cars are not completely flat and have lots of curves.
    Very true! I am actually using the flat 5.5'' Constant pressure pads with it. I am a little meh with the BP on the flex too, but you dont have much choice.

Post Thanks / Like

I find that using the 5 inch hybrids on the 3401 returns very little walk if any and the power of machine is more than enough for whatever you may throw at it.

Put a RUPES and 3401 side by side on complex curved panels and with enough pressure you will slow down the RUPES or may even stop it unlike the 3401 which will continue its speed no matter what pressure you inflict upon it.

Just my opinions though

Post Thanks / Like

Just wait a little while, mike will have a review up soon as ag has them

Post Thanks / Like

I don't agree with that statement at all. That person may know a lot about marketing and has definitely added to the craze, but the Rupes is popular because of one man in particular, and that's Kevin Brown! It's his research, knowledge and willingness to help the detailing industry that makes this tool what it is. People know that when Kevin talks highly about something it's not about making a sale and people trust what he says. They know he's done his homework and that it's about sharing, teaching, and helping other detailers understand how and why things work! Where do you think the DA be would now if it weren't for the KBM method? I would hope you've read some of the many great articles Kevin has posted, if not, you should. What upsets me is that I've seen numerous people buy the tool from that other person and then they end up calling or email Kevin questions about it or the washer mod, which Kevin came up with. This tool is also popular because many of the top detailers in the US had a chance to see it and try it during the 2011 SEMA show, and most of us knew Kevin was trying to bring it to the US long before anything was publicly posted about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smack View Post
    I find that using the 5 inch hybrids on the 3401 returns very little walk if any and the power of machine is more than enough for whatever you may throw at it.
    Throw some MF pads on it. Worthless...
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like
    Chad, that's exactly why I bought mine from Kevin. I'm hoping to use mine for the first time on Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FivePoint.0 View Post
    Throw some MF pads on it. Worthless...
    I did and found that combo a pain to control and operate and the results were less than stellar. I find that the orange hybrid heavy cutting pad with FG400 is an incredible defect killing combo with the ability to finish out very very well considering how aggressive the two are.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast